Home | About | Donate

Biden Says He’ll Take on Inequality. Good! You Need to Hold Him to It

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/12/08/biden-says-hell-take-inequality-good-you-need-hold-him-it

3 Likes

I’ve heard it on good authority that Biden has already hashed out a plan to assist the poor souls facing eviction…

Say hello to the “cares act credit card” available to all americans facing eviction.

The $6000 credit limit and introductory 6 month 0% apr will help millions of Americans in their time of greatest need. **if entire balance is not paid within trial period… Oh well.

3 Likes

That means reversing structural inequalities requires altering the distribution of power.

You danced all around the phrase throughout the article without once saying it. What is needed is a massive redistribution of wealth (you call it power). Yes, the wealthy have to relinquish huge sums of their hoarded cash-piles so that money can come back into circulation and serve some purpose.

I know. It’s about as likely as my fantasy that those in power develop some humanity and accept that embracing capitalism is embracing extinction.

4 Likes

It’s getting to be that I can’t tell satire from reality.

1 Like

“Why have resent Democratic Presidents been reluctant to take on structural inequality”

Fourth,
Because they protect the corporate donors that support their corporation, I mean party.

Robert, I would like to know what strain your smoking, the THC levels must be off the charts.

3 Likes

You know this concept is being spitballed around the beltway:)

1 Like

The Senator from Delaware, the Senator from MBNA, the Senator from limited corporate liability, is the perfect President… to quash all genuine attempts to “take on inequality.”

2 Likes

I am going to end world hunger, ressurect lennon and replace all the automobiles with ridable dinosarus.
Wow, its almost like one can say just about anything.

4 Likes

“Wealth and power are inseparable – wealth flows from power and power from wealth. That means reversing structural inequalities requires altering the distribution of power.”

Wow, who knew? The timid liberal professor is a closet Marxist!

Not making this up. Marx was the first major economist to write seriously about power relations as a factor in the economy, one of the first instances of what today is called “Institutional Economics,” the economic influences of societal institutions (social, cultural, legal, political, religious, etc.).

1 Like

Biden keeps his feet in a bucket of ice so no one will ever hold them to the fire. He will simply continue serving the One Percent, smug in his lifetime of experience, that the citizenry will smile and take it up the rectum, again.

2 Likes

Oh FFS. “Nothing will fundamentally change”. We have that from that man himself. Now look at the swamp rats, war profiteers and corporate hacks that he wants to fill his cabinet with. Add to that he nominated Neera Tanden to head OMB which was the biggest “Go F*** yourselves” signal to the progressive left he could have possibly made. The same Neera Tanden who in 2012 talked about cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid just like any random Republican. Now, do we really think a Biden administration is going to take on inequality in any meaningful way?

3 Likes

He’s smoking “lifetime sinecure at Berkeley” strain.

1 Like

can I place my order for a cute little brontosaurus now?

1 Like

Inequality these days often means inequality between global North and South corporations. Transparency means foreign corporations get a veto power over every domestic regulation.

That’s been planned for a long time.

After literally decades of negotiations which have repeatedly fallen apart between the poor and rich countries, over the terms of these agreements, its supposed to happen soon.

Americans will be poorer but there will be more wealth for the poorest countries’ wealthy.

Why don’t you lead us Robert Reich. You have many more connections than we do. Why not pull all your resources together to have a march on DC, nyc power brokers i.e. wall street and lamestreet media. Get going Robert and we will be there if enough people hear about it.

1 Like