Home | About | Donate

Biden Says He Won't Stand in Way of Possible Future Prosecution of Trump

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/06/biden-says-he-wont-stand-way-possible-future-prosecution-trump

Prosecution must extend way beyond Trump. A Nuremberg type trial is called for to prosecute the hundreds of complicit operatives from Trump appointees to GOP funders.

13 Likes

Gimme a break, Biden has to actually say this? Ah, no more free visits to marla largo. (Another fool who already thinks he’s King.)

This: Biden says he hasn’t taken a cognitive test: "Why the hell would I take a test?"

“No, I haven’t taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test? Come on, man,” Biden told CBS News correspondent Errol Barnett in an interview airing in full on Thursday at the convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists. "That’s like saying you, before you got in this program, you’re taking a test whether you’re taking cocaine or not. What do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?" (BTW, Errol Barnett is Black.)

Biden is nearing 80, he’s 78 this year and running for the highest/most powerful office in the land/world. Remember Biden, when describing Obama’s run for office said, Obama’s “articulate” and “clean.”

5 Likes

Add investigation of his son’s executive positions in businesses based in China and the Ukraine while Biden was VP.

There is absolutely no scrutiny on Biden being done by the media when there’s a lot to be scrutinized. We’re being force fed Biden like Hillary four years ago.

11 Likes

Hunter Ukraine only.
The $50,000 per month as board member.
If check made out to his Chicago law firm, it is OK.
Pays for transportation, hotels, meals.
Firm accomplishes legal advice and lobbying activities.

I really don’t give a hoot what Joe Biden says…

12 Likes

“In terms of saying, ‘I think the president violated the law. I think the president did this, therefore, go on and prosecute him’—I will not do that,” Biden said.
In other words Biden will not call for the prosecution of Trump and all his criminal activity while he was president because in reality Biden apparently believes the president is above the law and can do whatever he wants while in office no matter what. I swear the Democrats reach into the bottom of their own cesspool every four years and scrape up the worst candidate they can to run for president. Biden clearly is losing his mind more and more every day. The future does not bode well for the USA.

11 Likes

Wishful thinking, to say the least; nevertheless, a nice Progressive pipe dream. Biden was selected for POTUS exactly because he will never do anything; otherwise, Biden would have to prosecute Obama and himself!

9 Likes

It would be a good idea but I doubt Biden will prosecute Trump. It will violate the presidential golden rule: “Don’t prosecute former presidents so future presidents won’t prosecute you”. But, if he did prosecute Trump maybe future presidents will feel it is ok to prosecute Bush and Obama for war crimes.

5 Likes

When we fail to prosecute a Republican administration–or any administration–for such blatant crimes against our Constitution, we open the door a little wider to a full fascist takeover of our country. Gerald Ford’s pardon of Richard Nixon opened that door much too wide. Trump and his administration kicked the door off its hinges. If the next administration ignores Trump’s blatant fascist attacks on our Constitutional rights and freedoms, the storm troopers will soon rush through that door and take all of those rights and freedoms away from the American people.

9 Likes

“I will not interfere with the Justice Department’s judgment of whether or not they think they should pursue the prosecution of anyone that they think has violated the law.”…unless it involves me and my son, Hunter, and the Obamas and Clintons, and any Democrat.

5 Likes

…Indeed. Nuremberg-style tribunals should be used to prosecute directors of U.S. agencies (CIA, NSA, State Department, Commerce Department, etc), executives of propaganda outlets (Fox, MSNBC, CBS, NY Times, Washington Post, etc), military officials, senators, congresspersons, former presidents, etc.

Strong examples must be set to deter future attempts at committing the same sorts of crimes. The death penalty should be off the table, but most of those in the dock will probably be looking at lifetime imprisonment.

6 Likes

And Obama failing to prosecute Bush and Cheney for all their crimes led to Trump’s pushing the Constitutional criminal envelope so to speak. And of course Obama himself had a few crimes against the Constitution as well. And so it goes as the onward march towards fascism is helped along by both corporate parties in the USA.

6 Likes

…because I don’t believe anything he says. Because

Saying what you will do, and doing what you say you will do, are two different things

~https://i.imgur.com/jYhYPQn.jpg

2 Likes

Could easily add the CEO’s of Major banks and any Pharma connected buisness

2 Likes

His words have no meaning of value. If the GOP remains the powerhouse, they will not allow DT to be held accountable for and and all of his crimes. If the Dems pull off a takeover, it will be another “we need to look forward, not back” BS. DT could resign before his term is up and Pence can grant a pardon, one of those down to the wire last minute “deals” of DT. Even with that, DT still has NY after him and that is State level, not Federal, and they are going to get him. Putting him behind bars is a whole other tale that will never happen. All of them (Barr, Pompeo, Jared, Ivanka and dozens others) need to see the inside of a cell and be wearing prison grey. Very unlikely. Trump should be shjpped to the Hague to stand trial for war crimes.Better yet, send him to Iran to stand trial for murder on one of their own by drone strike. That warrants has been issued for his arrest.For the record, Bush 1 and 2, Bill Clinton, Obama, and Carter are all war criminals and should be at the Hague as well.

4 Likes

It’s going to take more than civil unrest to take the power away from the establishment-wonk-plutocrats and their enablers.

To quote Turkish from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, “we are proper fucked.”

2 Likes

[quote=“morgan1, post:18, topic:80867”]
Even with that, DT still has NY after him and that is State level, not Federal, and they are going to get him.
[/quote

~https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/05/deutsche-bank-donald-trump-financial-records-new-york

Says the guy who will appoint the head of the Justice dept. Of course he won’t stand in the way. He’s going to appoint someone who won’t try to prosecute Trump.

3 Likes

Let’s begin the prosecutions by putting Bush and Obama on trial for war crimes.

5 Likes