Home | About | Donate

Biden Says 'The Bernie Bros Are Here' as Protesters Disrupt Detroit Rally to Denounce NAFTA, Champion Green New Deal

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/10/biden-says-bernie-bros-are-here-protesters-disrupt-detroit-rally-denounce-nafta

I can’t remember. What did Bid-on say about Act Up when the establishment was ignoring the AIDES crisis so they “disrupted” business as usual to get some air time? I wonder if he said—those damn queens are at it again. This is not who we are. Damn right!

1 Like

In case you hadn’t noticed, Biden is an enemy of the working class.

12 Likes

Trivializing people like me as Bernie Bro’s, thoughtful people who see the need for real structural change to address our problems, will lose the election to Trump. He needs us, bad. I’m really struggling with whether I can vote for Biden. I probably would because of the supreme court, but not sure. He certainly didn’t learn from Hilary’s “deplorables” comment, but those people wouldn’t vote for her anyway. Us Bernie supporters might.

3 Likes

Let me help you here, voting for Biden will give us exactly the same policies as Trump - only with a kind, caring but ultimately mindless face.

11 Likes

Anytime the topic of Bernie Bros comes up, this article is worth citing:

~https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/there-is-hard-data-that-shows-bernie-bros-are-a-myth

That’s not true. Clearly Biden will change course on the EPA, CDC, and a number of other things. Don’t expect any positive changes on our war footing, but Trump is worse on just about everything else - if I didn’t live in CA, I’d have to vote Biden. I wish it didn’t have to come to that.

2 Likes

I agree but what do you think of the supremes?

People may not like this, but if they decide they can’t vote for Biden they will have to do so in the face of Sanders begging them not to do so, which will be identical to Elizabeth Warren’s rationale now. At that point Bernie will = Liz will = Biden.

2 Likes

Some of these Biden supporters are really disturbing. They seem to want conformity and obedience instead of freedom. They are in lock step with the centrist democratic machine and don’t tolerate opposing opinions.

8 Likes

The democratic party is as terrified as the republican party that Bernie Sanders will succeed in unifying the citizens of the USA and therefore dispel their corrupt and destructive ways.Under ‘normal’ elections of the past I would vote for the candidate who can do less harm. Those days ended with the rigging against the Sanders nomination in 2016. All I have left in dealing with this candidate madness and live with myself is to vote my conscience. To me Hilary and Donald were the same person so I went with Stein. When they rig the voting equipment to select Biden and Trump then I’m writing Sanders in and will feel good about it because then I can honestly say I refused to vote in any candidate I consider to be downright harmful to our country.

4 Likes

Frankly, I think it is too late regardless. Let the chips fall where they will, but I will not vote for any corporate figurehead.

5 Likes

True, but Biden is the darling of the DNC!

3 Likes

That may or may not be true on a personal level, but it’s small potatoes compared to the similarities among those who would be perfectly happy with either in the White House.

7 Likes

Hats off to the Sunrise Movement and others who held Biden’s feet to the flame.

We are proud of you.

7 Likes

Joe, you might want to watch you mouth. If the rigging works out, you will not come close to beating Trump without the BROS. But as I look into the abyss of the ongoing and upcoming world disasters, November is a long long ways off…survival of the fittest is at hand. Including politicians.

As Jesus was dying on the cross, he said to his father, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

These folks in support of the NeoLiberal policies Biden will subject us all to if he is successful, know not what they are doing. Loyally to this Duopoly is destructive to oneself, one’s children, and one’s planet.

6 Likes

Yes. I’m now being reminded of Biden’s defense of the horrible tactics used at Waco against the Branch Davidians.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, Dara, AND for the technique for inserting in CD responses.

1 Like

Yeah those dam “Bernie Bro’s” are the worst, yet Biden’s team caught doing this:

BernieSandercom, now redirects to Joe Biden donation page.

(h)ttp://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/berniesandercom-now-redirects-to-joe-biden-donation-page/ar-BB10ZF9J?ocid=ientp

1 Like

Bernie, this guy is not your “friend” because he is an enemy of the earth.

Let’s be very clear before the convention, these people Biden ridicules (and there are many) are not going to vote for him in November so he will lose and the dim party will no longer be a viable force. The party will truly be over.

2 Likes