Home | About | Donate

Biden Should Embrace an Anti-Imperialist Feminist Foreign Policy to Heal Wounds Abroad—and at Home

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/11/17/biden-should-embrace-anti-imperialist-feminist-foreign-policy-heal-wounds-abroad

1 Like

I love what these women leaders are promoting. However, I believe they can even go much further. They have the power to unite non-governmental women leaders around the world to TAKE the WORLD STAGE as the peacemakers and the leaders can enlist women in every country to join in a new global peace movement – then invite the men to join. A global movement is needed to attain POLITICAL CLOUT.

Women can do it now. All the mechanisms are in place!

Riane Eisler wrote in the Chalice and the Blade that the male patriarchal system will “knock down” an uprising of women that is why the movement must be everywhere and the women must demand that everyone commit to nonviolence. The second part is to commit to working together for humanity – working together for a commonality – starting with the children. This is the Gandhi constructive segment that is essential for change.

It is time to harness the power of women and nonviolence!

Peace and Love, Andre Sheldon
Director, Global Strategy of Nonviolence

2 Likes

Sure, let them as long as they flush woke based policies down the toilet!

Women of color, men of color, women not of color, men not of color. I don’t give a damn what group someone falls into as long as they have a reasonable outlook on foreign policy. And the chances that Biden will pick such a person? Zero. The chances that Biden might pick someone a bit less likely to get us into war with Iran? Greater than zero. I’ll take the crumbs I get on everything but coronavirus response - if this admin can’t even get that right, then the Democrats are done for. They will probably succeed just barely well enough to limp along as the pathetic party that they are. I’m not expecting much on much else.

1 Like

So if he picks Condeleeza Rice all will be fine and peace shall flourish the world over?

Look this is Joe Biden. He has already stated he wants a more robust foreign policy where the USA engages even more of its muscle in Countries abroad.

It does not matter if he picks a Black woman or a latino woman to deal with Foreign Policy . All indications are he is going to pick one that shares his POV towards worldly affairs and this will not be a good thing.

5 Likes

Why the sex baiting?

It is not “patriarchal assumptions” or a “gendered notion.” Women are also warmongers. If Hillary had been elected, she would have started more wars. Women in Congress vote to fund war. Women voters vote for warmongers. Women join the military. Stop trying to divide the people. We need both men and women to fight against the gender neutral war machine.

1 Like

Anti-Imperialism was first tried by Mark Twain’s “American Anti-Imperialist League” — which was a good start in 1898.

Now the seminal focus of a Strategically Effective ‘Movement’ and “Revolution Against Empire” need to be organized on Empire itself:

As Prof. Robinson first and accurately diagnosed of this Disguised
Global Crony Capitalist EMPIRE in his 2014 book:

“The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use BY transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus (hard & soft powers) to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE OF GLOBAL CAPITAL, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington.” [Caps added]

Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity, 2014 Robinson, William Cambridge University Press

“Show me what democracy looks like”
“This ain’t what democracy looks like”
“This is what an EMPIRE looks like”

Which is why my newer demonstration, march, and protest signs since 2017 have simply said on two sides to join Bernie in:

“Our Revolution"
TO DUMP
EMPEROR TRUMP

and on the other side:

GET ‘WOKE’ &
‘FOLK’ THE
EMPIRE

1 Like