Home | About | Donate

Biden Sides With Trump, Bolton, and Pompeo in Backing Coup Effort in Venezuela

Biden Sides With Trump, Bolton, and Pompeo in Backing Coup Effort in Venezuela

Jon Queally, staff writer

Despite progressive critics and anti-war voices speaking forcefully against the Trump administration's overt backing of the attempted coup d'état by rightwing opposition forces in Venezuela on Tuesday, 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden aligned himself with the White House by throwing his support behind the overthrow effort.

5 Likes

[quote=“CommonDreams, post:1, topic:63078”]
Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden aligned himself with the White House by throwing his support behind the overthrow effort.

What a surprise! That is Why Biden is the DEMOCRATIC, FRONTRUNNER.

27 Likes

Of course he does he is a member of the neoliberal Empire Party.

25 Likes

“It never works…” except it works in the short term by funneling profits and power to the insane neocon/neoliberal US cabal/regime and their MIC corporate oligarchs in the USA; and these insane cabalists believe in their long term success when their strategy inevitably leads to a WWIII that the USA (in their delusion) will “win” the same way it won WWII to emerge as the dominant global power, and in their delusion even MORE dominant and unchallengeable than it was following WWII and the Cold War. “The New American Century” and all that.

12 Likes

Tell me again why we have to support whatever presidential nominee Brand D might throw up?

30 Likes

Barf.

8 Likes

Biden is Lieberman light. Perhaps Joe will be his running mate.

13 Likes

“I might get in trouble for saying this, but what does it matter if we beat Donald Trump if we end up with someone who will perpetuate the very same crony capitalist policies, corporate policies, and waging more of these costly wars? ”…Tulsi Gabbard during a campaign speech in April, 2019. Later she stated: “I might get in trouble for saying this, but what does it matter if we beat Donald Trump if we end up with someone who will perpetuate the very same crony capitalist policies, corporate policies, and waging more of these costly wars? ” Unfortunately those comments were deleted by the Democratic Party.

36 Likes

I don’t know Biden probably will reach across the Aisle and pick Rubio,

14 Likes

As is his son Hunter Biden and their involvement in that other failed coup in Ukraine.

7 Likes

glad he is showing his true colors! what a piece of s==T. just another damn democrat. no vision for a different kind of world. NO NO and NO.

21 Likes

I wonder when Commondreams is going to start covering this woman’s campaign. I’ve been around since the Truman days, and believe, for Progressives, and the fate of the planet in general, that this woman is the best candidate for President I’ve seen in my lifetime.

21 Likes

Headline update: Maduro claims victory over “deranged” coup attempt. It would be wonderful if creepy Joe simply drops out of sight.

12 Likes

Canada citizenship application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

10 Likes

Agreed, and perhaps CD will cover her campaign with the same intensity as they do Warren or Sanders. It was ironic that the article came from RT.com and not the NY Times.

6 Likes

JoeJoe in 2o2o…

The Democratic Party holds the line against any actual critique of the MIC and US aggression. Props to Party members who speak out anyway. “I might get in trouble for saying this…” Gabbard knows this.

8 Likes

CD has been “Sanders Central” since he started running in 2016, and props to them for that compared to every other media outlet. Now they push Warren as well, like the “Sanders Warren wing” of the Democratic Party.

But Gabbard (and Williamson for that matter, and Gravel of course) have far more realistic positions on US militarism, but get almost zero acknowledgement from Common Dreams.

We’ll see if the DNC debate organizers “move the goalposts,” but i think Gabbard has the 65,000 separate individual donations necessary to qualify for the primary debates, i think Williamson is very near, and Gravel explicitly says that’s what he’s running for, just to get on the debate stage and talk about it. We’ll see. And we’ll see if we can move CD’s coverage at all to be more inclusive.

17 Likes

Joe Biden, as always, is a corporate, neoliberal imperialist, just as Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi are.

No surprise that they are in the same evil, war-criminal camp as Trump, Bolton, Pompeo, and Abrams.

When is Bernie Sanders going to condemn this U.S.-funded coup, as Rep. Ilhan Omar has?

16 Likes

Status Quo Joe, What’s the definition of INSANITY?
We have a right wing duopoly.

Wall Street Red or Wall Street Blue

It’s a free country, you can vote for who ever you want

So now we are going to destroy South America again (like in the 50s /60s) just like we’ve been doing in the Mid East.

8 Likes