Home | About | Donate

Biden Urged to 'Honor Indigenous Sovereignty and Immediately Halt' Fossil Fuel Pipelines

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/25/biden-urged-honor-indigenous-sovereignty-and-immediately-halt-fossil-fuel-pipelines

1 Like

Dear Joe Biden:
Did you know that President Andrew Jackson said that the treaties made with the native people would as…" last as long as grass grows and rivers run…"
Andrew Jackson lied a lot----------and so did those who came after him.
Don’t you think, Joe Biden, that it’s time for an American president to make TRUTH out of what Andrew Jackson promised???

2 Likes

The 19 Marcellus fracked-gas pipelines will be FAR more likely now, than under that last nazi asshole clown. Nobody else (in here) has EVER mentioned how DOT/ PHMSA cut regulation; right as manufacturers, steel suppliers, 3rd Party auditing/ inspection firms, coaters, welding consumables makers, pipeliners and Gas Transmission Conglomerates ALL simultaneously dumped their senior, most empirically qualified folks to contract buy-out, forced early retirement; as Indian firms built new mills full of scared, poor, untrained, neophyte folks (some, documented?) and Russian oligarchs bought seven ancient, pretty-damn-scary bankrupt mills. It’s been pretty much indescribable, since the whole slick-water fracking pyramid scheme, pretty much disposed of any real oversite! Media & both parties were LONG ago, captured. So, as gigantic 42" & 48" pipe rupture a few weeks after installation, it’s “subsidence” & barely reported. If you try to whistleblow on these blog-aggregator’s, you’re just ignored, Energy In Depth trolls flag your post and AI or 3rd world moderation blocks you… then you’re very lucky to not get sued, fired, black-listed. And it’s POOR people, living around Ethane gathering systems or methane rights-of-way, so nobody even cares? We’d hoped, Obama would be better than Shrub. He was FAR worse. Trump got little done, since Mr. Market hated a LOSER. Just watch what happens, now?

~http://priceofoil.org/2016/07/22/a-bridge-too-far-report/

~https://www.desmogblog.com/2018/04/11/climate-change-two-degree-warming-fracking-natural-gas-rush-ingraffea

~https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_7489118

1 Like

It is ironic to visit Mesa Verde National Park and Canyons of the Ancients National Monument where historical indigenous cultures are celebrated only to see those that remain cruelly treated as impediments to profit. I visited both MVNP and CANM last year and was in awe. I also traveled through several reservations and was heartbroken. I routinely cross the Trail off Tears in my travels and I always stop and ponder the arrogance of people like white old me. I am red deep inside. Cut me open and you will see.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no one in the Cabinet who will push such an idea –

The people need to get very noisy – need to organize – and personally my
suggestion is that we follow the leadership of Bernie Sanders, AOC and Stacey Abrams.

Support the new organizations supporting them – let’s keep Bernie Sanders in play where
he can continue to bring us new LIBERAL candidates –

Keep pushing for MEDICARE4ALL which 75% of Americans now support – !!

1 Like

do not hold your breath–“I will not ban fracking” Joe needs those pipelines for his fracked gas and like his former boss doesn’t seem to care about anything else except corporate profits–remember DAPL

4 Likes

In these times, when ‘corporate interests’ have got us and our Biosphere into So much of a crisis, Biden HAS to ‘stock the next administration, including his Cabinet, with people committed to serving in the public interest rather than corporate insiders.’

1 Like

I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen some CD article with the word “urged” in it. What a vapid meaningless word upon which to leverage any sort of populist interest piece into this ironclad oligarch expediter Dem transition team. Give it the fuck up.

1 Like

It occurs to me that Joe Biden has only one chance at a first and lasting impression. Ether he will be a man for the people, which Obama was incapable of becoming, or just another creature of commerce and the 1%. should he choose the latter he will be a one-term president and the party will suffer as it never has before. He did not get the landslide I had hoped for and his treatment of the general population must be something we can measure by the developments that will be required to mitigate the looming catastrophe of Climate Change. We need pipelines but they must carry water not toxic fossil fuel we stupidly burn to create an essential product that can be produced by non toxic means. These efforts will not only transform our nation but could be a model for the entire planet if We the People so demand. To return to the semi liberal centerist philosophies will be catastrophic!

This Must be a given. How could any sane individual think in any other way? We have been losing ground ever since St. Ron foisted supply side economics on us and the centrist Democrats jumped on it like a toad on a june bug. We need a determined administration that actually does create a climate of prosperity for the general population and let the well to do pay their fare share. Trickle down is for old men in restrooms.

1 Like

Indeed!

1 Like