Home | About | Donate

Biden's Middle-of-the-Road Climate Plan Condemned as 'Stunningly Un-Ambitious' and a 'Death Sentence for Livable Planet'

Biden's Middle-of-the-Road Climate Plan Condemned as 'Stunningly Un-Ambitious' and a 'Death Sentence for Livable Planet'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"When it comes to saving the planet and humanity from climate crisis, there is no 'middle ground.'"

That was the gist of a slew of reactions Friday after Reuters reported that the climate change policy currently being drafted by Joe Biden's 2020 campaign is "a middle ground approach" that backs some fossil fuel options.

This has nothing to do with what Biden wants. It’s what the people that Put him there want! They want middle of the road, do nothing nonsense. That fits Biden perfectly. Another reason Not to vote for who They insist you vote for. All too obvious!

14 Likes

I could not agree MORE! The whole MSM about Biden, is a BS narrative! No doubt Biden has been selected as the front runner.

9 Likes

Exactly why in my book, Biden has been selected for the Democratic nomination for POTUS in 2020.

3 Likes

Well said!

This kind of gets in the way of the whole Social Security idea. First the kids pay into the Social Security system while we benefit. Then we die of old age. Then the kids starve because the world’s cropland doesn’t work consistently.

It’s called outsourcing the pain. Except the kids are getting wise too early.

7 Likes

I have no doubt that Biden’s “plan” to address climate change will be completely corporate friendly, but I would like to see the actual plan instead of a characterization of it.

1 Like

The US spends one trillion dollars per year on fossil fuels. If we do not spend that money on clean energy then we are just whistling past the graveyard.

6 Likes

Biden has no plan for any Climate Change. I would not believe one word he says. He’s a puppet and can not speak on his own.

3 Likes

Geez! I guess this is proof that he is the “MOST PROGRESSIVE IN THE RACE”, eh? Gag me with a pitchfork!!!

6 Likes

“Green Energy” would/should cost a fraction of that once in place.

2 Likes

Green energy is free. It is paid for by the savings not spent on dirty energy.

4 Likes

What? No utility company will take control and charge fees? I’ll have to see THAT to believe it.

1 Like

The cost of energy is the target of an information war. Do the lowest cost energy first, like a clothesline before PV powered electric clothes dryers. The cheapest solar energy has a one year payback, 100% return on investment (ROI). The most expensive clean energy might have a 5% ROI. Averaged all together clean energy is better than 10% ROI. Using the savings from dirty energy makes clean energy cost free.

2 Likes

Joe Biden? Thanks, but no thanks. Next?

2 Likes

If Biden is the frontrunner, what does that say about the average American voter?

What does it say about the power of MSM propaganda?

4 Likes

A Centralist Clintonite Democrat whose plan is to wear a ‘Whip Climate Change Now’ button is our best hope to save the planet? Biden’s polices sound more like a job application to Trump Administration for a cabinet position.

6 Likes

Dear Common Dreams:

If I wanted to read tweets or follow Facebook all day……I would have one of those accounts. Since I don’t and I value my privacy and other obvious things……I am begging you please…… I do not make me read tweets here on Common Dreams. It is bad for my mental health not to mention writing, grammar, spelling and OH …Heck! This is why we do not get off our asses to do anything to save this country. It is hard enough trying to connect with another human being…and a tiny screen is not the answer……people belong in the streets …because for now the “streets” belong to the people.

Oh…by the way…Biden is a shit!

11 Likes

Anyone paying attention to Biden’s record and those manipulating the BS “polls” should know his “platform” is as directed by corporate/big money/war machine America…the chosen shill for 2020 out of the Clinton/Obama mold, hardly any semblance of “progressive” as he ridiculously claims. Biden has zero intention of changing his spots…fighting against the existential climate crisis, or against/for anything else, as the PTB direct him. …

9 Likes

photo caption:

“The air’s fine in here,” declared the nominee from inside the invisible glass cubicle he employs for speaking tours in fossil fuel-degraded regions of the U.S. “Stick with my plan, and every man, woman and child in the U.S. of A. will have the opportunity to buy one of these for Climate Change Alert days.”

2 Likes