Home | About | Donate

Big Money Under Fire as Election 2016 Heats Up

That hideous logo is nonetheless an accurate display of her form and function – to move this country along with her even further to the right.

In a gesture of monumental chutzpah, Hillary kicks off her campaign on Roosevelt Island. Despite the channeling episode with Eleanor, no one has done more to erase the memory of Roosevelt from the Democratic Party than Bill and HIllary Clinton.

She doesn't even have the courage to define her stand on TPP what makes anyone think she has the courage to fight big money? Except to fight to stuff as much as she can into her pockets.

"she would support a Constitutional amendment to undo the Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United "if necessary."
* In other words, if she thought it were necessary and a substitute for Citizen's United could be set up, then she might see if Citizen's United could be ended.
* As long as corporate profits would be protected, any number could win.
* Bleech!
;-})

Big Money buys elections for how long? Until people wise up and recognize propaganda.

“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

This is hilarious: '[T]he Democratic frontrunner railed against the "endless flow of secret, endless money" in politics, saying that she would support a Constitutional amendment to undo the Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United "if necessary."'

A. Who decides what "if necessary" means? Hillary will be the decider, and if an only if you can figure out what the meaning of 'if' is.

B. When was the last time she spoke out in favor of the amendment in any state of the United States? I admit, my memory fails to retrieve such an occasion.

C. When will Hillary take herself seriously enough for any other self-respecting citizen to trust her with such things as the environment -- what has she ever done for the enviorment besides, like Obama, spout a lot of hot air pollution?

D. Why should anyone believe she means a single word of her hopey changey dopey Obama rhetoric?

E. Thank heavens Bernie is running. Thank Heavens Elizabeth Warren has a respectable voice and the courage to use it in public for civilized purposes. Thank Heavens, above all, there are growing numbers of citizens who are no longer willing to trust any of the bipartisan criminals and their criminal appointees and staffs, and are taking to the streets.

I am waiting, but not holding my breath for a Republican, Democrat or other candidate who will pledge to push for the removal of the right wing Bat Shit 5 who gave us Citizens United!

Hmmmm-No real mention of non-disclosure and the unlimited possibilities of Foreign Money cascading into these vulture's accounts-How much political punch can counties like China or Brazil deliver to this Capitalist creation...AIPAC is certainly not the only one....

I have had A life long problem with being saddled by those "Presidential Appointees" for their natural lives- Mental midget Bush-2 and Citizens United bear witness to this menace to our society- The original designers of the alleged "Checks and Balances" system could have at least added A Jury of Citizens to help the decisions along....."Bat Shit 5"-and still alive frowning

It IS a hideous logo and I agree that the right-pointing arrow is very suggestive of her real political bias. It is also sooo typical of either Clinton that she would qualify her comments about repealing Citizens United with the words "if necessary". With her the wheels are always turning ie. "How will this answer affect my chances to be elected?" Shillary has already admitted that her campaign for the Oval Office will come to a staggering $2.5 Billion. The total estimated cost for the "election" is $10 Billion. This is absurd. Plus the media who basically love Shillary and are willfully ignoring Sanders are licking their lips over the vast amounts of money they will rake in as they participate in the insulting dog and pony show that will help select the new president. I'm still trying to believe that we deserve better than this.

I have to laugh, every time I see it I see a hard right one way street sign to the name of a single individual. MINE, ALL MINE exceptional: the condition of constructing a delusion by convenience - an aggregate of countless fragmentations in a litany of 'except for'....

Thats not delusional. Thats a pretty good statement of what could be highly effective except for the fact of the delusion that the status quo is not delusional. Take heart and hold those those thoughts!

What this last election in America needs to "Heat Up" is NOT all the superficial 'identity issues' like; Dark Money, TPP, the expanding wars, Wall Street looting, environmental destruction, domestic tyranny, etc. etc. et al ---- but only the EMPIRE of Cancer causing all these awful little 'issues':

"While the fight will no doubt continue, today’s vote is a victory
for America’s working people and for the environment. It is clearly a
defeat for corporate America, which has outsourced millions of
decent-paying jobs and wants to continue doing just that." —Senator
Bernie Sanders

BS, Bernie!

I have been dismissive of the leftish, progressive-lite, alt-media, and
have pushed a few promising leftish partially informed candidates to
focus on the underlying and actual CAUSE of the hidden disease behind all superficial 'identity issues', numerous subordinate 'symptom problems', and our entire "ailing social order" in order to diagnose, recognize, expose, and rally efforts against the only real existential cancer of this EMPIRE.However, I am now deeply inclined to believe that "All is Lost".

The delusion among good people may have been so drained of any understanding by the propaganda of this Disguised Global Crony-Capitalist EMPIRE that the
progressive-lite community has nothing to do but celebrate the mere
wounding of one little 'identity issue' that the Empire sought --- while
the progressive movement's vast failure is lauded as a "success".
Stopping one minor threat of the EMPIRE is nothing to celebrate.

Understanding, and beginning to do ANYTHING against this Disguised Global Empire --- now that would be something truly significant in terms of turning our
global ship of state away from the lee shore rocks of "All is Lost" for
ALL workers and 'subjects' of Empire everywhere in the world!

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant
groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to
secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.”
imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state
apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the
global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism
per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE of
global capital, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in
Washington."

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31). Global Capitalism
and the Crisis of Humanity (p. 122). Cambridge University Press. Kindle
Edition.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but in the 19th century it was considered poor form for an incumbent president to campaign for a second term. If you ran, you were expected to run on your record only. Of course this was before mass media, but it would be refreshing, would it not?

sadly, you seem to be correct. I consider her to be a trojan horse and will not vote for her.

Hmm... Which flavor of fascism do you prefer, Democrat or Republican?

We can easily see when big dark money comes into our area. Our candidates were given a debate on local media that was informative and polite. Then big money came in with hate and lies as a blanket over the election process. Nothing local was ever part of their "discussion". Similar to FOX, right-wing radio and corporate news. They control the words, the "facts" and the spin. Next is the thumb print on the Koch ballot. Democracy NOT. We elected a Democrat, but he is an appeaser like Obama who voted for the TPP, Ami Bera.

Under fire? Under fire with what? With Nerf guns? Are they throwing rice?

The terms used so repeatedly in the inane political coverage in this country are destroying the meaning of our language.

She is similar to a Trojan horse if that Trojan horse had a bunch of Greek soldiers riding on top as it entered Troy.