Home | About | Donate

'Bigotry Is Deadly': Warnings of 'Normalized Hate Speech' After Latest Threats Targeting Rep. Ilhan Omar

'Bigotry Is Deadly': Warnings of 'Normalized Hate Speech' After Latest Threats Targeting Rep. Ilhan Omar

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Advocacy groups, progressives, and politicians are warning about the dangers of "normalized hate speech" and Islamophobia after the latest round of threats targeting Rep. Ilhan Omar, a Somali refugee and one of the first Muslim congresswomen.

4 Likes

Ilhan Omar, a brave woman in a very dangerous country, why the mocking, why the hate? One thing, speaking the truth about some things in this country is not just frowned upon, but on the way to being criminalized. To bring up a very valid, and honest truth she has been unjustly vilified, threatened, and censured by her OWN party!! WTF!! I am glad she is in the House of Reps. this country needs more honest people like her in elected positions. If I was a praying type person I would pray for her safety and success, but, since that aint who I am, Good Luck and best wishes Ms. Omar!

25 Likes

“suggested on her show that Omar may be more loyal to her religion than she is to the U.S. Constitution”

That’s what was said about Jack Kennedy. Whew, If you live long enough you get to see the same shit happen over again.

Peace
Po

25 Likes

I admire this woman, she is a symbol of courage. Imagine the publicity displaying American hypocrisy and double standards. She is a force for good. However we do recall JFK, RFK, Malcolm X and MLK assasinations carried out by the deep state as was 911.
Israeli crimes are indefensible and the US naked support of the Israeli terrorist apartheid state only helps to diminish US and Israeli legitimacy around the world.

17 Likes

llhan Omar, a voice crying out in the wilderness of hate for justice and mercy. She is truly a beacon of light on a hill. Problem is, her light also shines on the neoliberal democrat that much prefers the darkness.

19 Likes

The “Hater-in-Chief” and his spawn are not only a threat to this woman but to the entire country. When did hate and stoopid replace love and intelligence? Granted, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this bad in my 70 years but it didn’t start with Dumbf. Maybe as far back as Columbus?

8 Likes

Within the past 70 years it was ALMOST this bad during Joseph McCarthy’s 1950s commie campaign. The GOP and Trump continue to follow Josef Goebbels’ playbook that prescribes an ever growing list of enemies and accelerated compounding demonization of each of those enemies. In addition to people labeled as enemies, the GOP and Trump also add concepts like facts and evidence to their list of enemies.

11 Likes

Clyde_Crebbafrabiitz Columbus would be a good starting point. Colonialism is a brother to Fascism…

8 Likes

Concurrent with colonialism was the evolution of corporations that evolved from privateers (pirates hired by gubmits to enrich gubmit treasuries). As corporations became more global and wealthy they started controlling the gubmits that had chartered them…fascism in a nutshell.

10 Likes

One recalls false staging of chemical attacks in Syria carried out by British supported and trained White Helmets, Downing of Indonesian airliner and blaming it on Russia, poisoning of Russian ex agent in Britain blaming it on Putin, etc…fabricated lies propagated by US, Britain and France.

4 Likes

The only difference between Carlineo and German Nazi’s in WWII, was they loved a different fascist, leader. .

3 Likes

Yes, can you imagine how much courage it must take for this Muslim woman? Not too far off of being an overt Jew in Nazi, Germany.

8 Likes

Right On!!   From Privateers to Profiteers is evolution at its most obvious!

4 Likes

Ms. Omar threatens anyone who in their life, didn’t get the memo about attending the mandatory class for Human Development titled:
"Compassion 101."

Haters, far and wide are easily manipulated by the intellectually stymied moron residing currently in the White House.

Reaching these folks will not be easy, perhaps almost impossible, as their base human urge to hate those different from themselves will always be their primary thought in their prefrontal cortex.

4 Likes

My thoughts…EXACTLY!

2 Likes

Carlineo is no patriot. He loves Trump, but he does not love America and the values it strives for.

Keep up the great work, Congresswoman Omar. Keep telling truth to power. I got your back.

1 Like

Hi UnclePo, and it is horrifying that so many DEMS along with GOPers want to make supporting BDS a crime.
Just in case some have forgotten, as the rights for ALL seem very clear in that First Amendment.

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It is so sad that so many Americans don’t seem to understand this, but even worse that so many in also Congress do not understand this GUARANTEE of freedoms for all of us.

10 Likes

…all of our shadows are the same…

5 Likes

" Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".
Carlineo fits that quote to a T!

1 Like

One has to wonder how long before Trump tries to link progressives as unpatriotic, Americans, and Muslim sympathizers; after all, we are probably somewhere on Trump’s list !

3 Likes