Home | About | Donate

Bill to Ban Circus Animal Suffering Set for Introduction

Bill to Ban Circus Animal Suffering Set for Introduction

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Animal welfare advocates are praising on soon-to-be introduced legislation that would ban the use of wild animals in traveling circuses.

The measure, the Traveling Exotic Animal and Public Safety Protection Act (TEAPSPA), is set to be introduced Tuesday.

4 Likes

Leo the Lion sez, “Live long and prosper, Mr. Asner.”

2 Likes

GREAT! If this passes (AND IT BETTER!) there will be plenty of cages available for 98% of all the politicians in D.C.!!!

7 Likes

Not soon enough. Anyone would think we are living in medaeval times!!!

3 Likes

And who knows? Maybe someday they’ll even get around to human suffering!

In the meantime, glad to see the tiggers and lions getting some political love. They deserve better.

3 Likes

don’t be silly. those suckers are already pledged to kids!

2 Likes

You mean brown kids, right?

1 Like

but of course! we have something more special planned for the white ones–soon as we can get these doggone baby machines to give birth at a rate satisfactory to our plans. (thanks Alabama!) /s

3 Likes

Some countries already have a total ban:

4 Likes

If PETA or the HSUS are involved in this bill, Congress can roll it up and shove it up their a$$.

Hi Clyde_Crebbafrabitz:
Oh I’d rather put the politicians into the ICE cages currently used immigrant for kids. Rabid political type creatures should not have a lot of space. : )

3 Likes

Purely and simply for cause of GREED. That’s our country, you know: guns, God and greed. So glad I’m old such that soon I shall be on my way.

5 Likes

But do something to support humane treatment of animals while you’re here. As Ghandi said, you can measure a nation by how it treats its animals. And as mental health workers know, a human abuser often starts by abusing animals. That must mean T- rump did terrible things to animals.

1 Like

Hi Diddums: I’m sorry but you can’t leave! Anyone who comes up with the phrase of
“Guns, God, and greed,” has to stay around and keep writing. : )

2 Likes

Good start. Next we can start on the equine industry. Horses have been some of the most of abused of domesticated animals and it is time to put a stop to their suffering. There isn’t a equine sport where horses are not abused in the name of human entertainment.

Their face is so expressive!

By the way, I notice Grijalva’s name on so much legislation that shows compassion.

Do we really need circus’s and zoos anymore? We can see these animals any day on TV or youtube. Every state could have a single open reserve of their (own design). A place where critters could roam all day, or sleep under a tree. A place they can run if they want.
Managed and safari type tours like in Jurassic Park could let people see more animals than those just hanging around the fences.
Now that’s a wall I could support.