Home | About | Donate

Bill to End Yemen Siege Passes—No Thanks to MSNBC

Bill to End Yemen Siege Passes—No Thanks to MSNBC

Adam Johnson

Progressives—along with a handful of libertarian-leaning Republicans—finally passed a bill in both houses of Congress last week to invoke the War Powers act and end US support for the Saudi-led bombing of Yemen, an entirely one-sided war that’s killed thousands of Yemeni civilians over the last four years with assistance and direction of the US military.

"Boycott MSNBC."

If you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Boycott the MSM entirely. AND turn off the boob tube permanently.

5 Likes

Talk about an uneven power struggle.
DNC-oligarchic Dems along with their MSNBC “liberal” bias partners assume power & control of their “party” even as the numbers of progressive supporters are visibly growing and showing up in increasing numbers. This bill is an example of that.
What’s missing is some means of forcing recognition of this growing strength … through action and speech.
How about borrowing the “just say No” phrase, and work at discovering how to force this fact down the DNC throats? There must be ways to do so.

media’s most prominent liberal messaging platform.

MSNBC?! LOLOLOLOL

5 Likes

Johnson sez:
"Progressives in Congress … are given little to no support from the media’s most prominent liberal messaging platform.

Small but crucial typo there … you’re looking for neoliberal. It’s a different thing; MSHRC does not exist to serve its viewers. Nor “progressives.”

5 Likes

It was difficult for MSDNC to fit in mention of Yemen because it would’ve meant a reduction in airtime devoted to around the clock Russian Collusion coverage.

5 Likes

Adam, cut MSDNC some slack. They’ve been busy exposing how our intelligence community has been actively undermining Venezuela leadership since Chavez was elected. Their hard-hitting pieces explaining how a good example of government working for the majority scares the hell out of wealth and corporations. Rachel even mentioned that this budding coup resembles how Iran took control of its own resources and Mossadegh was overthrown. She goes on to detail how the same thing happened in Chile (dream sequence ends).

Empire is one area the leadership in both parties agree on. With the backing of mainstream media providing cover for every destabilization, invasion and overthrow, you wonder what can stop the madness - short of nuclear holocaust.

4 Likes

Sorry but I couldn’t resist.

Peace
Po

3 Likes

Chuck Todd was able to get in some extra Russian Collusion coverage by completely ignoring the Boeing story. If you didn’t know, Boeing is one of his big sponsors.
MSNBC…“All the news our sponsors want us to mention”.

5 Likes

I don’t think the DNC will hear any message other than people not voting for them. Of course if you vote for Trump they’ll say you are a dirty commie, so you better vote Green instead. Well, then they’ll still call you a dirty commie. I guess I stopped caring what they call me.

1 Like

Your list wouldn’t be complete without adding " Lyin " Brian Williams. He’s fallen a long ways and still hasn’t hit the bottom of the barrel, quite yet. He gets an atta boy for trying, though. This was the man who puts the " prop " in the news propaganda and entertainment machine.
Mr. Williams, multi-millionaire flunky, smeared Sen. Sanders last night because he made $850k two years ago writing a best seller. Sound petty?
Mr. Williams book, My Life In a Nut’s Shell was selected best book by The Door Stop of the Month Club, six consecutive times in 2015. It was also nominated for the prestigious Forklift & Warehouseman’s Job Security Award. " Easiest pallets we’ve ever moved multiple times " said Wilbur Johnson, about Williams’ book.

1 Like

M$NBC is owned by Republican right wingers. They are calling the shots there. so don’ expect much
(Just an FYI not defending them)

1 Like

Proving, once again, that “liberal” is not the same as “progressive”.

Liberals supported the Vietnam War and every other U.S. war of aggression since 1945

TRUE progressives strongly oppose imperialism and the bloated military budgets which support that imperialism.

Do we have ANY TRUE progressives in Congress?

2 Likes

It’s a good thing I wasn’t drinking coffee when I read this.

What about commercial free movies, comedy shows and music?

1 Like

I depend on DVDs for movies I can run on my computer. But I really can’t sit still long enough to play them. I don’t even know if there are any recent comedy shows I would want to watch. Music is for CD’s played over a great stereo system which I’ve had for a very long time. Plus, you post some excellent music here for me to enjoy :-). I’m a compulsive reader, so I get most of my info and entertainment that way. And on the web of course.

After over 10 years of no TV, I can say unequivocally that I have never missed it for even one minute. I’m a news junkie, and after Jim Laurer lied to me on PBS news about the Peru trade deal, that was it for me. No more boob tube ever!!

1 Like

"Thank ya very much."

Saw these fellas twice, back in the day.

2 Likes

That’s Jim Lehrer. But, I like your style.

It’s not just MSNBC----the reporting on Venezuela has been Orwellian----at least PBS Newshour did some inside look at Yemen----BUT BOEING??? 346 people dead and the CEO Dennis Muilenburg didn’t want to ground the planes. Now the reporting is that there may be no fix for these planes. Why is this guy still employed ??? Maybe you can make excuses for the first plane but two???

People need to wake up-----WE ARE LIVING IN A CORPORATE MILITARY POLICE STATE! We need healthcare centers in every neighborhood because we are one SICK country.

3 Likes