Home | About | Donate

Billionaire Mega-Donor Haim Saban Says He Loves All 2020 Democrats—Except Bernie Sanders

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/10/billionaire-mega-donor-haim-saban-says-he-loves-all-2020-democrats-except-bernie

1 Like

An EXTRA donation is going out to Sen. Sanders!

7 Likes

Now you know who to vote for.

6 Likes

How else would you expect him to feel? Somewhat surprised he is ok with Warren.

2 Likes

Haim Saban is just another rich, racist, zionist dual israeli citizen that poses an existential threat to our frayed democracy and his money controls the democratic party. Hell, he donates to Republicans as long as they follow his orders. Ya want more, read this.

8 Likes

Pay no attention to this rich thug. Philip Weiss is on track. Saban can’t stand it. Good.

6 Likes

Very interesting to contemplate the overall profile of what this man has invested his life and treasure in. This is the daddy of “Power Rangers” childrens entertainment franchise. Very interesting to consider the premise of the brainwashing ‘morphin’ in Power Rangers… how many men who were boys who ‘grew up’ with PR in the US have no idea of the premise by structure and repetition washing through their lives.

Saban’s political donations to the DNC during the 2001–2002 period exceeded $10 million, the largest donation the DNC has received from a single source up to that time.

4 Likes

Saban loves Netanyahu, too - it fits then that he dislikes Sanders - because the latter (if somehow elected) will start to put an end to the free ride that the likes of Saban enjoys.

1 Like

YES, But now you know who they will not let you vote for POTUS!
ANYBODY BUT BERNIE!

2 Likes

Perez and Pelosi and the entire d-party take their marching orders from people like this.

Just like Republicans.

On a side note, did anyone see Thomas Edsall’s op-ed in the NYTImes today? This was subhead: “The debate between progressives and moderates never ends, but the party does best when neither side wins outright.”

The party does best? What happens to actual citizens, well, who cares as long as the party is doing well.
Un. Effin. Believable.

8 Likes

Good news indeed and let’s hope they remain committed to their criticism of israel.

3 Likes

Not me!

5 Likes

No surprise this rich dude and most others who are wealthy don’t like Sanders, because they are afraid of him and how his “policies of change” would affect them. Paranoid morons wouldn’t be affected at all…He prefers Warren as she is no Bernie and never will be. Personally, I don’t trust one word she says. 3 Billion bucks… Wish I knew what that was!

Saban decries Bernie’s attacks on the “billionaire class” and then confirms Bernie’s position by using his billions to buy politicians. Haim, you’re conducting a master class in irony.

7 Likes

The best thing the US could do would be to drop Israel as an ally. We seem to be rued by their govt instead of ours. Besides how else would one get to be a billionaire other than ripping everybody off whichever way they can. These two themes go together with Saban. Good films aside. Peace

1 Like

The Bribes from Israeli Lobbyists like Saban are working; with the exception of Bernie the Dems are silent regarding the atrocities leveled against the Palestinians.

Anyone unwilling to recognize the pain and suffering the Israelis are causing the former occupants of Palestine learned absolutely nothing from the way they were treated in Europe.

This is obviously a callous human being unable to see the humanitarian nature of a fellow member of the Judah Tribe, BERNIE SANDERS.

Obviously Bernie is right about these type of wealthy greedy immoral characters and obviously Mr. Saban quickly recognized that Bernie analyzed his type of thoughtless indifference to the suffering of his neighbors, which is the main reason why he dislikes him.

2 Likes

AOC said it was wrong for billionaires to exist side-by-side with chronic poverty and deprivation. Hard to argue with that.

Having a billion dollars is not the problem, it’s what you do with it. And what the billionaires can’t help themselves from doing is buying political influence, so they can make even more money. I would probably do the same.

We can prevent billionaires through taxation but in the end it’s a moral issue. The lure of making it rich is pervasive in our uber-capitalist society. Only when wealth is seen in contrast with chronic poverty and deprivation and responsible for environmental destruction does it become repugnant.

5 Likes

Wow - three billion dollars gets you only to 232nd place. That reminds me of Everett Dirkson’s famous quip during a budget negotiation: ‘A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking real money.’

(Wikipedia says that the remark is unsourced but I remember a tv news clip of him saying it at a news conference after a budget negotiating session had ended.)

2 Likes

I’m old enough to think you’re right about Sen. Dirksen’s comment being on the evening TV news. Though he might of said, " millions " in 1960-62, or thereabouts.

Bernie is Jewish, but Jews won’t give Bernie a chance.

1 Like