Home | About | Donate

Bishop Thomas Gumbleton Issues Call to Catholics: Let Us End Our Complicity in War

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/10/bishop-thomas-gumbleton-issues-call-catholics-let-us-end-our-complicity-war

4 Likes

Well, well, it’s never too late for the Christian mother church to tell her worshipers
to embrace the Christian Message relating to America’s murderous foreign policy
for the money (the military-industrial complex). My sincere gratitude Bishop G.
And by the way, it was 500,000 Iraqi children, under 5, killed by American sanctions and
Democratic Party Secr. of State Madeleine Albright said (1996), on CBS to Leslie Stahl,
that the price (deaths) “was worth it.” She sounds like Herod “slaughtering the innocents.”
So Father please, no support to the Democratic Party picks, Biden or Buttigeig,
Progressive Catholics and all authentic Christians need to vote and support,
with all their moral might, Bernie Sanders.
Oh, and whatever happened to Pope Francis’ consideration of Fr. Reuter for
being the first American Catholic to be canonized?

2 Likes

WOW, the catholic church i Breathing ! the church as been silent

1 Like

silent here at common dreams.
Not inside churches, classrooms, meetings.
Or at morning coffee.

Drafted twice along with 87 others from my county.

Today, military recruits are from the southeast states and midwest. Video’s on TV showing 82nd airborne loading onto military transports for flight to Kuwait are from ?? The units are not all white guys. Blacks and mexicans are also a large segment of this deployment. But the american public does not know that fact.

The greatest interest of all humanity is Life. This is the greatest interest of God as well, but you claim otherwise .
You imagine that God has a greater interest than human life,and that is what allows you to waste it with impunity.
Pure humanism would never allow you to destroy life sanctimoniously. Only organised religion could justify such a travesty.

Quote from the book …The New Revelations

As long as religion insists to serve God’s interests rather than human interests religion gets to define God’s interests as it wishes.And they do this according to its beliefs about God and what God wants and needs.They have used God’s Will as an excuse to rationalise and justify the most barbaric behaviours and ungodly behaviours on unsuspecting and innocent people.
Any clear thinker must assume that Organised Religion has no God.

Religion has been killing God since its inception.
Define God …The Essential essence of what everything is made from.
So everything is part of God .

No separation between what God and Life is …
This understanding is The New Spirituality .

We Are All One
Transcend Religion return to Spirituality.

It’s good to see the Bishop speak out. The church has been silent for far too long.

1 Like

I think the Bishop should aim his fire at the dominionists who are guiding US policy.

They can’t wait to see that rapture arrive.

This courageous bishop is now retired.
But the USCC (Catholic Bishops Hierarchy) has been staunch GOP for decades. Little chance of them following Pope Francis in his calls for Peace!!

A caustic emetic to counter the health depredation resulting from the toxic diet of “enemy” railroadings to ship the FED money printing using overseas aggression to off-shore inflation via military violence…

Yes, time to end our complicity in the economic investments in central bank counterfeiting.

Transcend Accusation for Compassion for All

Even those we don’t Understand and are Hardest to Love

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy

St Francis of Assisi

Beautiful quote from Saint Francis. No doubt a REAL SAINT!

If people are interested and would like to know more about war tax
resistance and possible ways to pursue it, they could look at the
National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee’s website.

I will consider it all theatre for the masses until they publicly renounce the doctrine of discovery, admit to and apologize for their part in the nazi regime, send their child molestors to prison instead of protectring them and use the immense wealth they have been hoarding for centuries to better the lives of everyone.