Home | About | Donate

Blackwater Founder's 'Disturbing' Plan to Privatize Afghan War Gains Ground

Blackwater Founder's 'Disturbing' Plan to Privatize Afghan War Gains Ground

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As President Donald Trump vents his frustration with the United States' "losing" strategy in Afghanistan, the "notorious mercenary" and Blackwater founder Erik Prince has seized the moment to offer his favored alternative: privatize the war.

Erik Prince and his ilk need to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Or at least put in a padded cell for life. Prince is just another example of capitalism reaching its finality of insanity. And it is going to kill everyone (humans and animals) on earth. Where is the outrage from the people. Many of them just keep on keeping on supporting the system that is going to kill them. Talk about the proverbial frog slowly boiling to death in the pot. It’s no longer slowly happening though, we are pretty close to the end.

The scum are really rising to the top under the trump regime…utterly unprincipled and actually evil…

Betsy De Vos’s brother with the same mentality and decades of proof that wealthy vulture capitalists with no morals, honesty, ethics are a global threat to humanity.

Did I read that correctly - the brother of Betsy Devos ???

Surreal - every day now - “The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire”.

“Quality” - that’s what I remember from Robert Pirsig’s “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”.

We have no moral center - we have money as our guide and compass.

Whoppee ti-yi eh ~

OK - Think Positive. [EDIT]

I am secular, but I find myself turning to the words of religious people for that moral center - or at least to elucidate one in terms everyone can understand:

From Pope Francis’ “Laudato Si” - an historical narrative:

1971 - Pope Paul VI, in “Pacem in Terris”:

“Due to an ill-considered exploitation of nature, humanity runs the risk of destroying it and becoming in turn a victim of this degradation”.[2] He spoke in similar terms to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations about the potential for an “ecological catastrophe under the effective explosion of industrial civilization”, and stressed “the urgent need for a radical change in the conduct of humanity”, inasmuch as “the most extraordinary scientific advances, the most amazing technical abilities, the most astonishing economic growth, unless they are accompanied by authentic social and moral progress, will definitively turn against man”.[3]

Pope John Paul II:

Every effort to protect and improve our world entails profound changes in “lifestyles, models of production and consumption, and the established structures of power which today govern societies”.[7] Authentic human development has a moral character. It presumes full respect for the human person, but it must also be concerned for the world around us and “take into account the nature of each being and of its mutual connection in an ordered system”.[8]

Pope Benedict XVI:

“man is not only a freedom which he creates for himself. Man does not create himself. He is spirit and will, but also nature”.[12] With paternal concern, Benedict urged us to realize that creation is harmed “where we ourselves have the final word, where everything is simply our property and we use it for ourselves alone. The misuse of creation begins when we no longer recognize any higher instance than ourselves, when we see nothing else but ourselves”.[13]

Pope Francis I:

"Once the human being declares independence from reality and behaves with absolute dominion, the very foundations of our life begin to crumble…

"There can be no renewal of our relationship with nature without a renewal of humanity itself…

“Human beings cannot be expected to feel responsibility for the world unless, at the same time, their unique capacities of knowledge, will, freedom and responsibility are recognized and valued.”

Last word to Saint Francis of Assisi, the current Pope’s namesake:

“Through the greatness and the beauty of creatures one comes to know by analogy their maker” (Wis 13:5); indeed, “his eternal power and divinity have been made known through his works since the creation of the world” (Rom 1:20). For this reason, Francis asked that part of the friary garden always be left untouched, so that wild flowers and herbs could grow there, and those who saw them could raise their minds to God, the Creator of such beauty.[21] Rather than a problem to be solved, the world is a joyful mystery to be contemplated with gladness and praise.

http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html

I know of many scientists and many who are neither scientists nor religious in the conventional sense who echo these same sentiments emboldened above.

Yet we descend, seemingly inexorably, into the pit.

What is wrong with us ?

Betsy and Eric, both in a phkn cell heated to 110 degrees. These folks are human sh*t.

Bad BAD idea. In addition to a bad record of contractors and human rights abuses, Erik Prince’s Blackwater mercenaries would cost a fortune: According to data provided to the House panel, the average per-day pay to personnel Blackwater hired was $600 for a Security Team in 2004. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/30/AR2007093001352.html That doesn’t include supplies, etc. for war-making. It won’t save America ANY money.

I daresay it would cost even more today. I don’t want America’s tax dollars spent on such greed.

Yes, deVos’ brother - what a surprise. Also, did anybody hear- this administration and repugs in general want to cut social security and medicare for retirees! We worked for this and had this deducted from our checks!

I’d be surprised if retirees would tolerate such a move by Republicans. Gray Power lurks in the background!

Disgusting despicable capitalist pigs them all. This vile family needs to have lots written about them.

I don’t know about “we” but certainly that’s all true of Elites and Capitalism and, sadly,
often Christianity which is another tool of Elites used for conquest and control.

Betty Friedan put it this way … “Judging everything by the yardstick of a dollar bill.”

Perhaps you should not use this comment section for moralizing in general? I kept waiting for some specific connection to the subject of the article but though all your quotes are admirable, they do not comment on the specific subject presented in this article.

Great Pope quotes. All that’s missing is the most important; birth control, lest 7 billion people and counting consume, destroy, extinguish, poison and nuke our habitat.

As long as our “government” (both sides of the aisle) give him and his ilk space and time he and others like him will exist. Congress shutting the doors to these corrupt money grubbing war criminals (but, but, but…aren’t we all war criminals?) will diminish their influence…but considering his sister’s influence it must run in the family…

"What is wrong with us?"
We are an evolutionary razor blade edge up from animals…

The idea of a private heavily armed military force (mercenaries) should give everyone serious pause. While this introductory proposal of 5,000 sergeants may seem moderate, the addition of 100 military aircraft is a private military Air Force ( isn’t that going to handy over the years for Prince) and bad enough but mention was also made of drones. Hello?

A future TV ad >>>

“Air Control Drones coming soon to a neighborhood near you brought to by your local friendly mercenary corporation! Yes, the same quality assassination drones used in combat but of course unarmed can be flying over your town helping your local police forces maintain stability and control of any disturbances or to help enforce curfews where applicable. Call your municipal representatives today and demand the sense of security offered by our full service corporation. Arrangements can be made for the use of armed units useful for tracking, survailling and full defensive support of police in violent situations. Discounts are available for large orders.”

A future news report >>>

“The fighting is over but private military forces have restricted all access to the village until further notice. Reports of witnesses cite convoys of trucks ferrying the bodies of the dead but this cannot be confirmed. American military officials have been unable or unwilling to inspect the site. Officials claim that they are prevented from interfering in mercenary operations according to the standard contract assuring the independent operation and responsibility of both forces.”

And all that has what to do with private militaries and mercenaries?

Prince would be among the first to say that some must die for “liberty” to flourish. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the most ghouli$h of them all?”

Here is my $.02, Eric. Fuck no!

My favorite is the barely noticeable reference to 100 military aircraft. Fighter jets, helicopters and transports! Think of that as a mercenary force! Don’t forget these would be civilians and would be calling in drone strikes too. Presumably on their own say so!