Home | About | Donate

Blaming the Victims of Israel’s Gaza Massacre

Blaming the Victims of Israel’s Gaza Massacre

Gregory Shupak

Israel massacred 60 Palestinians on Monday, including seven children, bringing to 101 the total number of Palestinians Israel has killed since Palestinians began the Great March on March 30.

US media might as well be Jewish owned (if it’s not). The coverage would be the same. Maybe we should add, “Israel for Jews, and Jews alone” to the pledge of allegiance.

I don’t see any way to rationalize the overreaction by Israel. About the only thing you probably can state is that if Hamas had not got involved in this protest the reaction by Israel would have not been as great. This idea to peacefully mass at the border was started by a Facebook post. Actually it was a description of somewhat had imagined not a idea to organize anything. But it caught on and turned into an actual entirely peaceful protest. But Hamas did eventually get involved and it took on a more militant aspect as the people who started the protest lost control of it. But still nothing occurred to warrant the Israeli response. The Israelis were never in danger. Only if they had actually been in danger and needed to act in self defense could such lethal action be considered justifiable.

Bullshit! What those vermin did was WAY beyond necessary even by your mentioned standards of “defense”. For the kind of murderous actions that the assholes did would have had to involve a helluva lot more than what THEY did to the protestors!

“Sanders also said 'Hamas violence does not justify Israel firing on unarmed protesters” as a response to claims by the Israeli and U.S. governments that place blame for the dozens of protesters killed ‘squarely on Hamas.’” - telesur

Bernie dances the dance again, condemning apartheid Israel’s “over-reaction,” but makes sure to remind us about Hamas violence, though that Israel-created organization has little to do with the tens of thousands of Palestinian demonstrators standing up to the Israel “Defense” Force.

Together with hypocritical cries from fellow Kongress Kritters for humanitarian aid to assuage the slaughters they help to wreak on the people of Palestine, Sanders and the Kritters remain silent on pulling billions of U.S. dollars in military aid to apartheid Israel which is violating international law with impunity – and the conditions that the U.S. nominally put on the aid.

But we will continue to get crocodile tears, calls for “humanitarian aid” and silence on fundamental issues from the “progressives” in the junior wing of the Duopoly.

BDS!

New York Times.
Washington Post.
NBC.
Bloomberg.
Business Insider.

THERE’S your “fake news.”

Despicable.

Excellent essay Greg, thank you…the Israelis have been playing the long game, always pushing the envelope to see how far they can go…how much they can get away with. At the same time they have subverted US politics, elections, coerced candidates, parties, and elected representatives ostensibly serving Americans but actually turned into Israeli lap-dogs and sycophants. Open and blatant subversion culminating in the actions of AIPAC, where most all US politicians must make obeisance.

The media is a very great part of the Israeli agenda and propaganda, their domination of their message…like always suggesting their is always aggression by Palestinians and only “defense” by Israel. The truth is very far different from 1948 to this day; always getting more and more extreme. with the pathological trump they have a partner to their depraved indifference to the lives and well being of all others!

The true “meddling” in our elections has been Israel for decades. the subversion of our political decisions by their agents has captured our foreign policy and our media! I call the actions of lackeys to Israeli racism and war crimes, whether politicians or the media or anyone else, treasonous dogs!

What the heck do you mean? These actions by the Netanyahu gov’t are criminal acts of murder; shameful acts of criminal cowardice. Are we all frozen in the headlights of fear for allowing this? I trust I live to see the day when the Nuremberg trials are repeated. Possibly this time they will accomplish something!

Only psychopaths could conceive such a tactic.

The MSM articles above sound eerily reminiscent of D.W. Griffiths Birth of a Nation in the way Blacks were demonized in the U.S. The false narrative, which was believed by many, encouraged the dramatic revival of the KKK in the 1920’s as well as an upsurge in lynchings
throughout that decade.

The skewed and misleading words in this so-called “journalism” have deadly consequences for those so demonized.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/06/fifty-years-later-nsa-keeps-details-of-israels-uss-liberty-attack-secret/ Lest we forget. Remember this:

And then you spend the rest of your post doing exactly that and doing exactly what this article’s title says: Blaming the Victims of Israel’s Gaza Massacre.

Oh well.

I am reminded of this little ditty:

It is impossible to bribe or twist
Thank God, the British journalist;
But seeing what the man will do
Without a bribe, there’s no occasion to.
Humbert Wolfe

This is really bothering me.

Let me explain. I am Presbyterian. My denomination, the Presbyterian Church USA, is a liberal denomination and my own home congregation is quite liberal.

But what’s also true is that the “Protestants” in the divide in Northern Ireland are not just regular Protestants of any type, they are Presbyterians as their ancestors immigrated from Scotland, the homeland of Presbyterianism.

Now we’re lucky that things are much better in Northern Ireland. But if things weren’t better and if the radical “Protestants,” actually Presbyterians, had taken over completely and decided to make Northern Ireland be for only Presbyterians, and even if some conservative fundamentalist Presbyterians (there are such things) in the US supported this big time… that wouldn’t mean all of us Presbyterians are to be blamed for Northern Ireland. I have no doubt my denomination and my home congregation would denounce it all. I would denounce it all.

Imagine how I’d feel if you wrote:

“US media might as well be Presbyterian owned (if it’s not). The coverage would be the same. Maybe we should add, ‘Northern Ireland for Presbyterians, and Presbyterians alone’ to the pledge of allegiance.”

Like I said before, not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. Please stop this conflating.

We know that there are propagandists for Israel who are Zionists who pose as anti-Zionists so they can make their critique antisemitic in order to paint all opposition to Zionism as such. If you continue to do this conflating, which is antisemitic even if you aren’t, I will begin to suspect you might be one of these types.

Israel is the enemy of the American people and in complete control of our supposed representatives of the American people. Trump is the latest example of the extent of the control.

Bravo! As a fellow Canadian I applaud your collection of biased media…as ugly as it is.

MSM and their handlers (the Zionist lobby and their influence, ie. deep pockets) forget however, that people are tired of the excuses, regardless of what they are. Palestinians have been treated as less than human simply for having the gall to not step aside and let the Zionist agenda erase them from their land, as well as from their history.

Whatever narrative that is repeated over and over in the media (with paid posters in comment sections) will be countered with the actual facts on the ground. The slaughter of innocent civilians that posed no imminent threat to Israeli lives (which is the threshold under international law) and the IDF admitting, “we arrived prepared and with precise reinforcements. Nothing was carried out uncontrolled; everything was accurate and measured, and we know where every bullet landed.” is all the proof one needs.

To those who choose to forget that proof and how innocent lives were lost but instead parrot the Hamas excuse, note they were unarmed. The threshold under international law cannot be forgotten - just as Palestinians and their plight cannot, nor ever will be.

Neutrality in situations of injustice, is choosing the side of the oppressor (as proven by our own government today and the deep pocket influence). For those who stand for justice for Palestinians, being neutral will never be an option.

Billions of Canadian retirement savings tax dollars are invested unrestricted in companies linked to Israel’s military, police, surveillance and prison industrial complex. In 2016 Canada’s military exports to Israel totaled over $9 Million.

So when we hear all that rhetoric of ‘Israel has a right to defend itself’, ‘We want peace for both sides’, ‘Hamas is a terrorist organization’ (the irony) calling out Zionism as a form of antisemitism (yup, pretty boy Trudeau said that), we know we simply live in a mafia state.

I agree with what you’re saying and call it out all the time when Jews are wrongfully accused.

This from ex CIA ex American Conservative writer, made some sense of why he did it, yet I’m still on the fence.

I understand what you are saying, but how do you explain all the soldiers who were firing? Are there no conscientious objectors?

The “40,000 crazed jihadis” comment explains your position pretty clearly.