Home | About | Donate

'Blatant Hypocrisy': Trump Heralds Covid-19 Drugs He Took Made Possible by Fetal Cell Research His GOP Actively Works to Ban

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/09/blatant-hypocrisy-trump-heralds-covid-19-drugs-he-took-made-possible-fetal-cell

2 Likes

Hypocrisy, the mothers milk of the GOP and it’s supporters.

2 Likes

FACT: No pope has ever argued against the use of animals to serve human ends.
[WHEN IT COMES TO THE OTHER ANIMALS, THE ONLY MORAL ISSUE THE POPE RECOGNIZES IS HOW WILL ABUSING THEM BENEFIT HUMANS.]

The official position of the Catholic Church: In 1982, this is what John Paul II said about scientific experimentation to Members of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, a stance that never changed during his lifetime:

Consequently, I have no reason to be apprehensive for those experiments in biology that are performed by scientists who, like you, have a profound respect for the human person…. On the other hand, I condemn, in he most explicit and formal way, experimental manipulations of the human embryo, since the human being, from conception to death, cannot be exploited for any purpose whatsoever. Indeed, as the Second Vatican Council teaches, man is “the only creature on earth which God willed for itself”…. It is certain that animals are at the service of man and can hence be the object of experimentation.

This is a clear directive, an executive statement. Somehow, an infallible man, a direct conduit of God, can maintain this sentiment while also declaring we humans must love and feel solidarity with animals. Likewise, in the official Catechism of the Catholic Church, the Holy See…concludes about other uses of animals: God entrusted animals to the stewardship of those whom he created in his own image. Hence it is legitimate to use animals….

…After considering how animals fare in the Catholic Church, I cannot help but wonder how many nonhumans have to suffer and die under the researchers’ and scientists’ knives before revelation would ever progress enough to countermand positions such as the Vatican’s. At what point do otherwise kindhearted and intelligent people stop looking to God and his mouthpieces to foster a compassionate view of other-than-human animals? SOURCE: Animal Liberation and Atheism: Dismantling the Procrustean Bed, by Kim Socha

2 Likes

The steroid treatments are $100,000 each – lucky Trump - we’re paying for his health care!

It also looks like Walter Reed must have a tanning salon?

3 Likes

plus being treated with the science that Trump eschews and the scientific practitioners we call Doctors–maybe he should have shown us his strength by refusing the science he so hates–but it appears in this too he is lying-

1 Like

If it looks like a duck; quacks like a duck; it’s a duck. Trump relied on untested meds. He did like all these crazy RW’s do: Do as I say; not as I do.

Michael Cohen says it is typical for trump to apply bronze on orange.

2 Likes