Home | About | Donate

'Blatant Theft': Netanyahu Unveils Illegal Settlement Named 'Trump Heights' in Occupied Syrian Territory

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/17/blatant-theft-netanyahu-unveils-illegal-settlement-named-trump-heights-occupied

1 Like

Dear Dog I want to shove that American flagpole up Bibi’s ass and then down Donald’s throat. It’s only Monday, folks–buckle up.

11 Likes

And Bibi’s figured out how to manipulate the endlessly narcissistic Trump (as if it wasn’t obvious to anyone that wasn’t Rachel Maddow or the Democratic party leadership).

Trump is at his most dangerous when pressured, flustered, and cornered, as most oligarchs unused to challenge are. So what do his domestic opponents do? Of course, make him increasingly unstable. nice work!

Israel shows here how to get Trump to do something: give him an ego-job. Democrats probably could’e gotten another New Deal by now if they’d just played him like Bibi does.

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what fascism looks like.
And now that the fascists have gained a foothold in the 21st century, it will be very difficult to get rid of them. After all, last time it took a world war.
This time it will all play out in a world that is spiraling into the worst effects of global warming.

9 Likes

Seems as though nobody really cares about the consequences to the people of Israel, but they elected this reckless guy and, though it sounds corny, it must be God’s will.

The last time John Bolton was in office he helped create the Shiite takeover in the Mideast, Bigger prize this time?

3 Likes

CBS This Morning reported this outrage as a piece of happy talk good news, nothing bad, certainly no outrage. This is one reason nothing will change with Israel anytime soon, nothing Israel does is wrong, and everything the Palestinians do is criminal, when it’s really the other way around.

16 Likes

This is a stake in the heart. I am having trouble dealing with Israel’s apologists (Warren et al). and even close friends of mine. Are we supposed to stay quiet.
Meanwhile, ABCs big news this morning was about OJ Simpson. Media loves to stir up the ingrained American racism at such times.

5 Likes

Not to mention the consequences to the Palestinian people !!!

3 Likes

The timing is interesting: The US now has troops indefinately stationed in Syria and is well underway to starting a war with Iran…

5 Likes

America’s love for Israel and it’s oppressive policies are deeper than Trump. Maybe this blatant act will wake some people up but I doubt it.

3 Likes

Heil Trump, Heil BiBI our Zionist Saviors! Capital of The Fifth Reich … Trumpville. It figures. Due to the desecration of the US Flag, I will not be displaying it while this abomination continues.

2 Likes

“Blatant theft”. Just like the wife:

1 Like

Good on you solly! This linked Chris hedges piece on Assange’s prosecution/persecution should be read widely and re-published.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-coming-show-trial-of-julian-assange/

5 Likes

They put Trumps name on it, so we would know it is Illegal.
Next the town will declare Bankruptcy.

4 Likes

I hadn’t yet seen that piece on TD. I usually read Hedges, he says it like it is. Tragic treatment of Assange. A lack of integrity on the part of governments throughout. And as far as journalism goes, it just keeps getting worse. Thanks for posting and drawing attention to this link.

As to Netanyahu and his newly named “settlement.” Revolting and disgusting.

1 Like

And dont forget the train station:

2 Likes

But popeye insists they dont want war!!!

So that’s why Trump defunded our high speed rail plans ,so we could build one for Israel.

We can’t stay quiet. We need to remind them of “The Holocaust.” No, not the horror of the events and their cost, that should never be denied. But what has been denied by almost everyone, thanks to both Jewish and non-Jewish but in particular by Zionists, are the lessons of the holocaust and the existence of other genocides whose lessons we blithely pass over (near pun, unintended but I’m leaving it).
Of course, not all Jews go along with this and some groups are wonderfully vocal, but for the most part the credibility of Jews, as the strong moral force I used to believe Jews to be, is gone. Now, so many are “good Jews” in the same mode as we refer to “good Germans” of the period.
We so typically believe that victims are somehow always good and cannot be victimizers. If only because those victims who will later victimize are not seen clearly behind the curtain of their current or former oppression. No gender, or ethnicity, or color, or other feature can assure the rightness of former victims (of any injustice).
So now we’ve had multiples of oppressor (call it Nazi-themed, for the irony) decades to tar and feather all Jews, just as if “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion” were now being acted out by Jews as overall Jewish reality, rather than the ugly, fabulized, slur it was and remains. And, the irony (again), it is Israel which constantly insists on lumping all Jews in the world with its own disgusting actions.

2 Likes

"Lock Him Up, Blow It Up, Lock Him Up, Blow It Up!"

I bet that sign will become all Palestinians goal to level to the ground.

1 Like