Home | About | Donate

'Blatant Violation of the First Amendment': Public Citizen Sues Betsy DeVos for Censoring Its Website

'Blatant Violation of the First Amendment': Public Citizen Sues Betsy DeVos for Censoring Its Website

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Public Citizen sued Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Tuesday for allegedly blocking access to the consumer group's website on her department's guest Wi-Fi and internal networks.

"No way are we going to let them get away with suppressing our views."
—Robert Weissman, Public Citizen

2 Likes

Gob bless Robert Weissman. God have mercy on the people of the United States, for they know not what they have done.

3 Likes

Public Citizen sues … privatizing pyramid ponzi

2 Likes

Blatent violations are the rule of the Trump administration. That is why they are moving to pack the courts.

8 Likes

As the stomach churns. A record setting pace to destroy the “American Dream”, why? Why?

5 Likes

They do not follow laws, and laws are not enforced.

3 Likes

Why do you think? Money and power!

1 Like

I am sure billioaire De Vos is shaking in her shoes since she already bought the courts.

2 Likes

sigh-----this walking all over the 1st amendment started so long ago…It s very apparent that some people think that money justifies everything. She seems to come from an idiot family—I’m sure that for a price her weird brother would take her out! : 0 This is how far America has fallen----and even if she were gone, we’d still be in free fall.
I wonder if the money money people realize that the planet is failing and NO ONE can eat, breathe or drink money.

9 Likes

Yes but it does sound kool to see some action pushing back. Too bad that average time for lawsuits to be discharged seems like three years.

2 Likes

American Dream? As Carlin said “You have to be asleep to believe it”

2 Likes

It’s bigger than that, I didn’t express myself well. Why kill America?

0 Likes

The problem is so many do and they are being hung out to dry while they kill America.

0 Likes

Why don’t we just give her to North Korea? She would fit in much better there and she can take her boss Donald with her. She doesn’t have the slightest clue about freedom or democracy and that’s why Trump put her in there.

1 Like

Ah yessss, the marvels of the Republican’t bizzarro world. The nation’s top educator is censoring her responsibility’s website. America, what a country.

0 Likes

Think N.K. would take them? Face it, just the entertainment loss alone would preclude them form accepting them. North Korea may have some serious problems but stupid they are not.

0 Likes

I’m not convinced that the 1% has, or perhaps even has the ability to comprehend what the eventual result of this Climate Change event will be if effectively mitigated. If effectively ignored, as is the current tack, the results will prove to be catastrophic in the Biblical sense.

0 Likes

We should consider that Trump places these ridiculous people in power to make Donny-little-hands look saner.

0 Likes

Close, '321 — but no cigar.   DeVos and her funny-dementalist fellow-travelers like Cruz, Pence and Rubio are hell-bent on destroying what little is left of freedom & democracy in Amerika, and establish-
ing a “christian” theocracy here instead.  It’s these far-right wackos who gave us Tweetle-Dumb in the first place.  Don’t blame him for her, blame her and the idiot bible-thumping deplorables for him.

1 Like

Possibly we could study the nature of slim mold and how it grows to better understand the relationships between DeVos, Trump, Pence, Cruz, et al.

As for “funny-demenetalists” - cute - but they aren’t funny but they sure are demented.

1 Like