Home | About | Donate

#BlockHaspel: As Clock Ticks Down to Confirmation Hearing, Groups Sustain Pressure to Stop Pro-Torturer From Heading CIA

#BlockHaspel: As Clock Ticks Down to Confirmation Hearing, Groups Sustain Pressure to Stop Pro-Torturer From Heading CIA

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

As the White House steps up its defense of Gina Haspel with a 27-page talking points memo, advocacy groups are staging a last-ditch effort to block her nomination to lead the Central Intelligence Agency.

She will be confirmed because the deep state wants her confirmed. What you think doesn’t enter into the equation…

Groups? Did I miss the news that public support matters again to any decision made by the US government?

I’d say this is a teachable moment, the same people that don’t like kids being gunned down at their school probably wouldn’t like to see them waterboarded either. Call your representative if you object. They were elected to represent you.

Let’s find another name—“waterboarding” sounds like it might be a fun thing to do: “Hey guys! Let’s pick up the girls, throw a case of Mountain Dew in the cooler, and go waterboarding!”

I’ve heard it referred to as “simulated drowning,” but even that’s misleading; if not interrupted by the torturer, it will result in actual death by drowning.

Exactly. They want her because she’s do anything they want. She the sociopath’s sociopath solution.

Yup. It matters when they really lose support.

If we kvetch a bit, go to work, go home, pay taxes, and pretend that Red Team or Blue Team is fine on election day, then it does not matter. That is still support, albeit grudging.

Senate contact page
Even a small tsunami could help and get opposition on the record.
Text from:
MEMORANDUM FOR: The President
SUBJECT: Request to Withdraw Nomination of Gina Haspel
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Petition at Change.org
Moveon petition

With all that has happened since Trump waddled out meekly at 4 am EST after election night right after receiving his deep state orders Haspel looks like a shoo in.

No no, we WANT her to be the head of the terror and torture CIA department. That’s what they’ve always done. Americans should not have the wool pulled over their eyes. We should have a first rate torturer at the head of the CIA. T

Exactly. Don’t forget routine electrical shock.

You must not have read her performance evaluation summary. How would you like to work with someone like Haspel?

“Work with someone like Haspel?” Look, the CIA has been a criminal operation since its founding. Its main purpose has always to terrorize, torture and kill “our” enemies – like the democratic governments it overthrew in Iran, in Guatemala and so on, like the activists it tortured and killed in Argentina, Chile, Brazil and so many other places. The lot of them should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity and guillotined. But until that time, I don’t want it headed by some fig leaf to give it better publicity. It should be headed by just the kind of people they are.

It is not a popularity contest. And not without consequences.

What a surprise that CIA is now bringing torture home to US … !!

Watched a video with Mark Crispin Miller the other day – he’s an author, and
Professor of Media Studies at NYU – and was Editor on Douglas Valentine’s
book “Phoenix Program.”

Miller made these two startling comments …

"Phoenix Program is the template for our war on terror here in US."

"Homeland Security is based in Phoenix Program."

In looking at the CIA’s criminal activities for Elites/fascists, it is easy to see that from its
founding it practiced violence, assassination, false flag events, torture, coups all over the
planet … actually toppling democratically elected leaders …

I often as well comment on Abu Ghraib which seemed clear to me that it was merely an
opportunity created for the US to practice torture – and as Miller confirmed … it wasn’t
only torture by waterboarding. No fascist government can hold power without torturing
its citizens.

The Council on Foreign Relations called for the creation of the CIA as WWII began to
end (1943) and OSS was ending.

This also provided the connections with the press which allowed “Operation Mockingbird”
to be written and carried out. Washington Post’s Phil Graham was a “ranking member” of
the Council on Foreign Relations as was Kathryn – and Graham headed up the Mockingbird
Program to involve other owners of media in the program.

America’s Use of Terror in Vietnam – The Phoenix Program

A shocking exposé of the covert CIA program of widespread torture, rape, and murder of civilians during America’s war in Vietnam, with a new introduction by the author

In the darkest days of the Vietnam War, America’s Central Intelligence Agency secretly initiated a sweeping program of kidnap, torture, and assassination devised to destabilize the infrastructure of the National Liberation Front (NLF) of South Vietnam, commonly known as the “Viet Cong.” The victims of the Phoenix Program were Vietnamese civilians, male and female, suspected of harboring information about the enemy—though many on the blacklist were targeted by corrupt South Vietnamese security personnel looking to extort money or remove a rival. Between 1965 and 1972, more than eighty thousand noncombatants were “neutralized,” as men and women alike were subjected to extended imprisonment without trial, horrific torture, brutal rape, and in many cases execution, all under the watchful eyes of US government agencies.

Based on extensive research and in-depth interviews with former participants and observers, Douglas Valentine’s startling exposé blows the lid off of what was possibly the bloodiest and most inhumane covert operation in the CIA’s history.

The ebook edition includes “The Phoenix Has Landed,” a new introduction that addresses the “Phoenix-style network” that constitutes America’s internal security apparatus today. Residents on American soil are routinely targeted under the guise of protecting us from terrorism—which is why, more than ever, people need to understand what Phoenix is all about.

And …

As The Corbett Report reported last year, Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater, > has slithered out from his hiding place and re-emerged as a figure on the political stage. He is now advocating for a rebirth of the US’ infamous “Phoenix Program” to target the ISIS terrorists the US created, and he is advising Trump from the shadows. Today Douglas Valentine, author of The Phoenix Program and The CIA As Organized Crime joins us to discuss what The Phoenix Program is and why its resurrection is so ominous.
https://www.corbettreport.com/interview-1248-douglas-valentine-on-the-resurrection-of-the-phoenix-program/ >

It is drowning. Then the victim is revived just in the nick of time to cough out water from their lungs to be repeated as soon as possible. Gina ‘Bloody Gina’ the butcher Haspel has no place running the criminal organization known as the CIA. It doen’t mean she will go away. The CIA is like a sophisticated gang, once in always in. In a lot of ways certain elements are exactly like a gang, blood in, blood out. Spooks are despicable creatures.

Watch the video? I don’t need to. I know a number of those affected. But the story is much bigger than them. It is about how it morphs and forces the rest of society to accept it as the new and legitimate norm. Brave New World.

Hi Helen –

Actually, I didn’t include a link to the Miller comments as it came from a David Shipp (former CIA and Whistleblower) video, if I recall correctly.

My feeling is that we are walking on the same road that Germans walked in 1930’s as Hitler rose.
And, this is spurred on by pretty much the same people who recruited him and funded Nazis.
Certainly Elites internationally also involved. Whatever our progress here in fighting discrimination
of all sorts, there are still too many who teach it and who believe it.

Humanity has never solved the problem of the violence of the few among them.
It isn’t just greed – violence has to be used to cement control. They know people
will sacrifice their lives, but they also know that no one wants to be tortured.

This is an impossible subject at this point to bring to young people with children.

I learned somewhere the other day that John McCain – who seems to be very
actively involved every day in pushing for more war, weapons, MIC, etal – gets
about $678,000 a year from weapons makers serving the MIC. Obviously, the
money enabled him to stay in Congress – but I find it hard to believe that he
believes what he is saying.

Elites have created HELL here on earth.

Sorry, but the ‘Torture Bitch’ needs to be in jail for her felonious acts…

But they were funded by and are first accountable to their donors.