Home | About | Donate

'Blow Up the Phones': Resistance Vows Fight as Senate Debates Trumpcare

'Blow Up the Phones': Resistance Vows Fight as Senate Debates Trumpcare

Julia Conley, staff writer

The Trump Resistance movement vowed to continue the fight against Trumpcare Tuesday afternoon after the Senate voted to proceed with a debate over repealing the Affordable Care Act.

50 Republicans voted to proceed, while Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) joined all 48 Democrats in voting against the motion. Vice President Mike Pence broke the tie.

A guarantee:

Blue dog senators (Tester, Manchin() will negotiate with R-Party cut-throats.

PETITION:
To: Mr. President, Mr. McConnell and Mr. Ryan:
Health Care for All: Let’s Fix This
Mr. President, Mr. Speaker and Mr. Majority Leader:

We write to appeal to your conscience, to appeal to your leadership, and to appeal to your faith.

You took vows to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, which means you MUST promote the general welfare of the people of this nation. Your Christian faith calls you to care for the “least of these.” You MUST feed the hungry, welcome the stranger, and take care of the sick because what you do to the least, you do to Jesus himself. (Matthew 25.31-40)

We write urging you not to allow partisan politics to destroy the lives of 32 million people, who will stand to lose their health care. Health care is not an entitlement; it is a human right. Specifically, we ask you to:

• Vote “No” to Replace and Repeal the Affordable Care Act; strengthen it.
  • Remove the deep cuts to Medicaid that are in the current House Budget.

Corporations are behind this fascism. Time to tell our so-called corporate “its”, check-taking congressional turncoats, that We the People have their number, A “2020 Vision” is the number. These immoral, We the People’s, elected officials, these “its” are a moral disgrace to god and country. Their own families must wonder.

Why though? Republicans aren’t working through regular order. They are doing this with Republican votes outside committee processes. No Democrat, including Manchin, who reps a state featuring 30% of its population on Medicaid, is going to sign up for that. That’s a death knell through double-cross waiting to happen.

To add, they are witnessing in realtime what Trump does to once useful folks when done with them. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to try and negotiate and haven’t taken it yet. This isn’t the early 2000s anymore and even the most conservative democrats know it. We’ll see what the future holds, but I see nothing for blue dogs in this scam.

What opportunity have your Ds had to negotiate up until today? None that I’m aware of.

Is Manchin on record supporting low-cost, high-deductible catastrophic-only care policies? Yep.

Is Warner on record supporting cross-state insurance purchases? Yep.

Did Tester state today that he’s open to negotiating with Rs after watching McCain come to Jeebus? Yep.

The only way I see them working with Republicans is through regular order. That will, of course, risk the bill dying altogether since McConnell will likely lose his right flank. Republicans want to cut Medicaid and gut the ACA taxes. That’s not going to happen if the bill goes through the committee process, at least to their liking.

If it means anything, every Democrat voted down the Cruz-McConnell proposal tonight.

We’ll see what comes next.

I think the protests will win on this one. But I suspect it is a sacrificial lamb for Trump, in that there are a number of other things that are going on he’s gonna get done while people are occupied.

And this is still not the health care America needs. Insurance is getting too big a cut.

Where is Bernie’s health care bill now?

Here are the remaining Healthcare versions: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/25/us/which-health-bill-will-the-senate-vote-on.html

I hope NONE are approved.

Of course they were going to unify on that first vote. It’s on the various facets of skinny repeal that they’ll get all bi-partisan.

But you’re right, we’ll see.