Home | About | Donate

'Bombshell': Iraqi Officials Say ISIS—Not Iran—Likely Behind Rocket Attack Trump Used to Justify Soleimani Assassination

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/07/bombshell-iraqi-officials-say-isis-not-iran-likely-behind-rocket-attack-trump-used

3 Likes

Wait, you mean Trump lied and the Dem ‘leadership’ went along with it?

golly

18 Likes

If this is Trump’s notion of win, win, win, I hate to see what losing looks like.

4 Likes

“The U.S. almost started WWIII based on questionable evidence.”

Future headline? TRUMP NUKES IRAN BASED ON QUESTIONABLE EVIDENCE!

4 Likes

Israel hates Iran and Israel hates Hezbollah so naturally Israel has had a big thorn (Kushner) plus 1000 Israeli CIA operatives up Trump’s ass urging him to start a war with Iran. Natanyahu the war criminal human rights violator land thief in chief is dying to get a war going between the US and Iran.

14 Likes

Should that ever happen you can kiss goodbye Israel, Saudi Arabia and all the US bases in the ME and who knows what more

1 Like

Intelligence. Right.

3 Likes

Wow, that makes me think this was a false flag operation…

11 Likes

As the Times reported:

The rockets were launched from a Sunni Muslim part of Kirkuk Province notorious for attacks by the Islamic State, a Sunni terrorist group, which would have made the area hostile territory for a Shiite militia like Khataib Hezbollah.

Khataib Hezbollah has not had a presence in Kirkuk Province since 2014.

The Islamic State, however, had carried out three attacks relatively close to the base in the 10 days before the attack on K-1. Iraqi intelligence officials sent reports to the Americans in November and December warning that ISIS intended to target K-1, an Iraqi air base in Kirkuk Province that is also used by American forces…

These facts all point to the Islamic State, Iraqi officials say.

This points to the fact that the Trumpsters knew/know this, and were/are lying (as if even their lies would have justified their blatantly provocative war crime). The only way for such lies to rule is for “the opposition” and the media to play along (the present game having been in play now for several decades, largely not a Trumpian aberation…).

Can most of us learn to see the blatant manufacturing of reality, and act together to face these game players, and steer away from the path to (not only another mass murder / war crimes, but a path to) likely near-omnicide?

14 Likes

Happy Anniversary 1950.

3 Likes

If americans do have listening to daesh/isis communications and recordings, they cannot reveal now because the dummies over there are a bit backward. But only one step behind ours. If we had a decent person on the house intel committee - they could be provided the evidence and come out and say, ’ yes, we got it correct '.

We change channels every day. They use cell phones and when we identify the isis owner, we listen in.

I’m wondering why we don’t have suicide bombers here in the U.S. We certainly have earned their hatred.

2 Likes

So many governments, so many liars. Who is the citizen to believe?

Anybody that still believes that AQ attacked us on 911 has an extremely deficient knowledge base.

9 Likes

Why would the US attacks its ally ISIS after all the time and money they spent arming and training them?

10 Likes

Well, that’s what happens when you have an arrogant malignant moron for prez who thinks he is smarter than everyone else, ignores the input of the alphabet agencies (for what that’s worth), overseas allies, is controlled by extremist racists, foreign subversion, “religious” nutters and war-mongers, and the for-profit war-machine!

7 Likes

‘The terrible, cold, cruel part is Wall Street. Rivers of gold flow there from all over the earth, and death comes with it. There, as nowhere else, you feel a total absence of the spirit: herds of men who cannot count past three, herds more who cannot get past six, scorn for pure science and demoniacal respect for the present. And the terrible thing is that the crowd that fills the street believes that the world will always be the same and that is is their duty to keep that huge machine running, day and night, forever.’

(Federico Garcia Lorca, poet and activist, tortured and killed by Spanish Fascists, in 1936)

13 Likes

Do we really? I’m guessing another lie.

1 Like

Convenient scapegoat plus the public has been trained to hate them and not question brutality against them; but you know that. :wink:

I would hope we never see that headline!

I did not write that clearly enough.
The ISIS guys do communicate using cell phones.
We use fast computers to sort thru looking for key words and phrases.
Identify the individual and figure out their leadership status.
Track them for physical locations and more.

Maybe the americans did lie and maybe the iraqui general is lying. Damn shame that with his two trillion dollar shia army he cannot go to where they are and wipe them out inside Iraq.

1 Like