Home | About | Donate

Bring the Troops Home, But Also Stop the Bombing

Bring the Troops Home, But Also Stop the Bombing

Medea Benjamin, Nicolas J. S. Davies

As our nation debates the merits of President Donald Trump's call for withdrawing U.S. troops from Syria and Afghanistan, absent from the debate is the more pernicious aspect of U.S. military involvement overseas: its air wars. Trump's announcement and General James Mattis' resignation should unleash a national discussion about U.S. involvement in overseas conflicts, but no evaluation can be meaningful without a clear understanding of the violence that U.S air wars have unleashed on the rest of the world for the past 17 years.

Benjamin/Davies sez:
“… let’s keep in mind that these strikes represent lives snuffed out, people maimed for life, families torn apart, homes and infrastructure demolished, taxpayer money squandered, and resentment that only engenders more violence.”

and …

“We don’t have a single real or lasting success we can point to in 17 years of war in 7 countries and ‘counter-insurgency’ operations in a dozen more.”

The authors limit their analysis to the perspective of an entity known as “humanity.” Does Mr. Bombmaker CEO’s child not need shoes? Do his increased profits not merit recognition as a “lasting success?”

Lets be honest here, and call it what it is, a War Of Terror. The false flag of 9/11 provides no justification for military strikes on any nation, only Nuremburg like trials to bring the perpetrators, who are still at large, and those who have helped cover it up, to justice.
Reporters, who seem to be hellbent on repeating the false official storyline to the public, knowing very well that repeating the narrative ingrains it into the public’s mind, are part of the problem, not the solution.

Excellent point!

Yes, but the narrative needs to be changed to cui bono? Who are the people that have profited from these bombs?

“Profited from these bombs” AND continue to enjoy ever bigger profits !

The military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) by far the world’s largest recipient of taxpayer funded corporate welfare views those bombs as 291,880 sources of revenue with no end in sight of that revenue growth as long as MIMIC keeps expanding its ownership of politicians and propaganda producing media.

Its beyond a case of asking if “Mr. Bombmaker’s children need shoes”…its a case of each of Mr. Bombmaker’s children having their own private jet, courtesy of we the taxpayers.

“Two days after the Boston marathon bombings, there was a drone strike in Yemen attacking a peaceful village, which killed a target who could very easily have been apprehended. But, of course, it is just easier to terrorise people. The drones are a terrorist weapon; they not only kill targets but also terrorize other people.”

Noam Chomsky

The MIC should drop Trump on nations that they want to destroy.

Save the bombs for the very unlikely event of someone attacking us directly.

Bring the troops home will also not preclude Raids by those “Special Forces” like the SEALS who are in fact little more then murderous thugs.

Those numbers contradict on-the-ground reporting, which found that most of the dead were villagers who mistook the SEALs for members of a Yemeni rebel group known as the Houthis, their local adversaries. Those killed included at least six women and 10 children under the age of 13, residents said. In the days after the raid, the Pentagon admitted “regrettably that civilian non-combatants were likely killed,” but did not update its casualty estimate. Pentagon spokesperson Lt. Cmdr. Rebecca Rebarich told The Intercept by email that the figure of 35 enemy dead was the result of a lengthier formal assessment.

What makes these soldiers “Elite” is they have no reservations about killing ANYONE even if it a 8 year old. They just pull the trigger and KILL.

Nice to hear a positive comment PB.
Bombs away.

Let’s also investigate the lies about 9-11-- how many false flag wars in our life – here are some – but there are alot more— vietnam- gulf of tonkin-- iraq 2003 wmds etc. Iraq desert storm was also built on lies 1990

An excellent assessment by Medea, as usual. I admire her so much.

The GWOT is a fraud upon the American people and has been from the start. Bush & Co succeeded with their deceptions and plundering.

Therefore it is a good thing that DJT has ended some small part of it, assuming that it actually happens. Even the blind hog finds the random acorn. :wink:

Was that a subtle hint at my negativity?

I think most here love your consistency, We’ll figure out something to give Donny for XMAS.

Oh, I get it. You thought I was suggesting you are being negative. Not
You can read that in a positive sense, the way I meant it, or are you tugging at my chain?
I hope we don’t have to hit the streets again for war protests. Trump’s (apparent) withdrawl move could be a positive for the peace movement.

Who have benefited from mass murder and the increasing “need” for expensive weapons systems?

The Merchants of Death (i.e. Lockheed-Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, BAC) and their greedy, willing Tools in media and politics.

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million In 37 Nations Since WWII | PopularResistance.Org
https://popularresistance.org/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-in-37-nations-since-wwii/

The Nation Magazine expose of the massive $21 TRILLION fraud perpetrated by the Pentagon should cause most of us to demand that bloated, ever-increasing military budgets be stopped:
Exclusive: The Pentagon’s Massive Accounting Fraud Exposed | The Nation

Not one bomb until everyone gets a bagel and a bowl of soup.
Not one new aircraft until we have ample anti-aircraft guns on American soil.
You know the drill.

Just seeing if I could get a rise out of ya…

New Don Caron…for Christmas Eve.

For everyone here on Christmas Eve…

And more…