Home | About | Donate

Bringing Back 'Archaic and Gruesome Weapons,' Trump Reverses US Restrictions on Landmines

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/31/bringing-back-archaic-and-gruesome-weapons-trump-reverses-us-restrictions-landmines

He’s a religious man?
Prove it!

2 Likes

“The world has rejected landmines because they are indiscriminate and disproportionately harm civilians,”

How come the world does not reject ALL weapons which are indiscriminate and disproportianatley harm civilians?

9 Likes

When will there be nothing “the black guy did” to reverse course on?

4 Likes

I think I will start working on my bunker now. I’ll make sure my slingshot is locked and loaded.

2 Likes

Cruelty is the point.
Trump does not belong in the U.S.

3 Likes

Stupid. Evil. Wrong. By authorizing the use of land mines, the insane clown president is justifying all the so-called terrorist organizations use of these indiscriminate killing devices as well. There is no positive outcome possible … just innocent lives blown apart. Why do I think the manufacturer of these “advanced” landmines must be getting a sweetheart deal in exchange for campaign donations and drumpf himself will most likely profit.

8 Likes

How many of these landmines should be placed in the White House lawn, each linked to a camera with facial recognition to make them ignore anyone but tRump stepping on them?

3 Likes

He certainly is. He is an acolyte of Mammon.

3 Likes

Perhaps he is taking the adage, “If you can’t lick em join em.” seriously.
After all just look at the leaders he admires.

2 Likes

Up next torture?

2 Likes

I was looking for the joke. Thanks

1 Like

“Trump does not belong in the U.S. “ ?
Trump IS the U.S. The country was founded on cruelty and has continued non stop with the attempted genocide of the American Indians , Slavery , The revolutionary war where people fought to preserve the right to be cruel . the illegal invasion of numerous countries and the destruction of their environment , the cruelty of financial and health care slavery, etc.
No, he belongs here ,because he is the perfect expression of the collective consciousness of the U.S.

4 Likes

Lower conciousness is gaining AGAIN …

1 Like

President Clinton also refused to join the Landmine ban during the initial Treaty convention in Ottawa in 1999. This tradition was followed by Bush and Nobel Peace Prize winner Obama. All three, and Trump, show be dragged into The Hague and put on trial for their crimes against humanity.

3 Likes

D. Trump is a BAD idea.
Cruelty itself is a ‘go to’ tool for the inhumane person who is our president. He USES cruelty as a tactic in his ‘win at all costs’ strategizing; the end justifies the means regardless collateral damage to innocent human beings, animals, Mother Earth.
D. Trump is a bad idea.

3 Likes

The joke is our fearful leader. But it’s not funny.

1 Like

Not going to argue that.

The monster called “trump”, does not belong on this planet!

As with almost everything under the control of humans, if the will is there, there is a way.
The fact that Don is still in office, let alone being allowed to run for re-election, speaks volumes.