Home | About | Donate

Britons Respond to Trump Attack on UK Healthcare: 'Nobody Here Would Trade for What America Has'

Britons Respond to Trump Attack on UK Healthcare: 'Nobody Here Would Trade for What America Has'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Months after his party failed to pass deeply unpopular legislation that would have taken healthcare from tens of millions of Americans, President Donald Trump on Monday launched an attack on "universal healthcare" that misleadingly attempted to use ongoing protests in the United Kingdom as proof that publicly-funded systems don't work.

Twitler trashing something he doesn’t understand? What a shocker. That reminds me of Grandpa Caligula Reagan using Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” at his campaign rallies; because he liked the chorus, he probably never listened to the rest of the words.

How can you have a healthy country full of sick people? This may be one of the main reasons behind the failure of America, it’s full of sick people that cannot afford healthcare.

Trump appears to believe bombing and austeritizing innocent families are necessary to preserve capitalist goodness and the pentagonian domino theory of war.

Not to mention the US Veterans Administration (VA) medical system is a carbon copy of UK Healthcare, including being allowed to negotiate drug prices.

‘Nobody Here Would Trade for What America Has’

I don’t believe that’s true: The oligarchs of Britain, like the oligarchs here, would prefer the US system because it would facilitate lowering taxes on themselves.

The oligarchs don’t want tax money wasted by being spent on the masses. They want it all (pretty much).

Trump and most in congress have no trouble with socialized military in the service of private wealth.

My son had emergency surgery in Germany,NO BILL! Not one penny.

Some republicans still use that song at rallies, apparently failing to realize it’s an anti-war anthem.
But that’s ok, their electorate doesn’t grasp it either.

I have it (VA) and wish everyone else had the same system also!

The same with my aunt, many years ago.

The only thing I can say, in the simplistic, crude age of Trump is; “what a fucking ass hole”.

Or in many cases to properly feed and house themselves.

Most of the “electorate” doesn’t grasp much of fucking anything. Try listening to CSPAN 1 in the morning when they have the open phone lines. I’m telling you, it’s better than SNL, Daily show or any comedy I have ever heard. One warning though, listen at your own risk it is definitely bad for your mental health.

It should be remembered that the Romney/ObCare that we currently have was brought to us by the bipartisan Kabuki Kongress and our most recent Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. While Trump pushes to dismantle the horrid system (and come up with something worse) he has not been able to do that so far.

Meanwhile the Dem wing of the Duopoly (including “progressives” like Bernie Sanders who claim it is a step toward Single Player) offer the largest roadblock to actually getting to a clean Single Payer health insurance system and eventually a public health system to serve everyone who lives and resides in the U.S. Too many F35s to build and all that.

Or read the comments on MSM and even “progressive” news sites. The accumulation of ignorance and hatred is beyond words.

Soon people will roll out their VA horror stories (because every institution has problems operating efficiently and effectively). But instead of looking at the realities of building/operating institutions that are efficient and effective, they will trash the whole VA (the same for Social Security and Medicare).

People in the U.S. are basically too stoopid to understand that systems matter and it’s not about “good people and bad people.”

The VA has a noble (if problematic) history and we must fight to preserve it until it can be integrated into a Health Care for All System.

BTW, the VA saved my Dad’s life on multiple occasions when he was in the early stages of the disease of alcoholism: a chronic and incurable disease.

Well, yes and no. We have plenty of really sick people with really good health care (e.g., Koch brothers, Agent Orange himself, most members of Congress…).

Do you ever get the feeling that 99% of the people in the United States could be for something and yet it somehow never happens? It’s called democracy - US style. The 1% are well protected by the electoral college, the U.S. Senate and the two-party system.

Yes, my parents were traveling in groups in France and England and someone needed health care. They took care of them without going through the insurance interrogation you would get in the U.S. and yes, there was no charge. Remember - these were foreigners from the U.S. not French or English citizens. Our country is so backwards in so many ways but then look at who we put in as our leaders.