Home | About | Donate

Brothers in Arms: Jeb Bush Won't Say 'No' To Future Torture

Brothers in Arms: Jeb Bush Won't Say 'No' To Future Torture

Jon Queally, staff writer

While also refusing to condemn the establishment of a torture program authorized and ordered by his brother, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has said he won't rule out the future use of torture if he becomes commander-in-chief and deems it necessary.

Jebbie will not be President.

Wish I had your confidence. Otherwise it will be "war & torture" for the primary, "not so much" for the general election, and then "WAR & TORTURE" for #45.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The primary difference between the Third Reich and the Fourth Reich; The Third Reich had only one Fuehrer. The Fourth Reich get a new one every four to eight years (whichever one the Propaganda Ministry convinces us to choose). But, the tradition lives on and millions die or are displaced, prisons and cruelty expand, more people, in the Reich and the world at large, are considered disposable goods to be thrown away when no further profit can be extracted from them.
* Meanwhile, the MICC reaps its profits from growing wars, starvation, disease, leading to more brutality and less accountability from our SA, our Gestapo, our SS and our Wehrmacht.
* Remember the Constitution and Bill of Rights? I do. I grew up with them. I'd like to have them back. They were not perfect, but they were sure a lot better than what has replaced them.
* Heil, everybody!
;-})

On the ABC news crawler this morning: "Jeb Bush says his brother's removal of Sadam Hussein was 'a pretty good deal.'"

Now I know there is a certain misled percentage of partisans that will support this creep no matter what he says, but I believe ol' Jebbie is mistaken about the larger tone deafness of even his own party. Even before ISIS, it became widely accepted that W's Iraq campaign was a farce and a disaster, and ol' Jeb just keeps singing its praises. What a loyal and moronic brother.

I agree. Hope that doesn't turn out to be naiveté.

Well, then put Jeb! in jail now for pre-crime. I mean if he's planning on torturing people that's a war crime so put him in prison now. That way the world will be made safer. Isn't that the security state's logic?

The Greens are our only chance. Enhance the village idiot and he will reveal the neocon plan on 911. Anyone reading Russ Baker's "Family of Secrets" will call for the prosecution of these evildoers.

That's what a lot of people do not understand. They think that by electing a new president from the opposition party every 4 or 8 years things will improve. They have only gotten progressively worse.

Jeb Bush acts and looks more like his brother every day.

Wall Street and corporations why don't you just forget about Jeb and Hillary and find two other more entertaining puppets to do your bidding.

Isn't torture part of the Republican platform?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Jeb is in a wicked predicament. He is responding by acting even dumber than he is, which is at least as dumb as was his brother. In other words, like Hillary, he is determined to tell us nothing about what he will do as President, which is predictable: worship Wall Street - as it is with Hillary.

The wicked predicament is that either Trump, Kasich, Cruz, Walker or all four may pound him out of the Iowa & NH pop contests. If he is fourth or worse (right now he is fifth or sixth nationwide) those two early states, it will be nearly impossible for him to recover that in South Carolina.

O'Malley, who was earlier running to be Hillary's running mate, is now running to be Bernie's running mate. Biden is threatening a run assuming Hillary keeps tanking in the polls, which seems more likely daily.

Whatever happens in either party in the primaries, the picture will shift so much between here and early March, that we will all, including myself, be surprised with what options are still on the table.

And to hear that this "Boy's" older brother called our Constitution "just A goddamned piece of paper" in the Oval Office is beyond Treason- He should have been thrown out on the street by the seat of his pants-

"Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.
Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal".
"GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.
"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."
"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"
"I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."
And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the shit that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that "goddamned piece of paper" used to guarantee".
By Doug Thompson
Capitol Hill Blue
12-9-5

Let him try it on himself and the rest of his family and then take a vote.

I just listened to Fox new's post-Republican 'debate' interview with Fox new's Megan Kelly. Very revealing is an unabashed bias with the transmuted tone of this propaganda cum media interview as journalism. The tone of posh-slick righteous privilege re-shovels the disturbingly in-your-face circus manure version of media for propagating fast-growing weeds. Very interesting to observe the dismissive posture couched as "a big girl" when held on the other hand with the massive fraud perpetrated by the backers of the media outlet touting record breaking 'market share'. Considering what is omitted from the debate - a so thoroughly manipulated bulwark behind which the circus of positioning set for the 'candidates' is dismissed in precisely the tone that the 'externalized costs' in the accounting of the economic model it reflects. Like a box of animal crackers, the parallels to the prescient Marx Brothers film of the same name is tragicomic. Jeb? Lets see... and what is the background of the polling, media advisory and performance coaches behind him and the rest of the crew?

Jeb Bush refuses to rule out the use of torture? No surprise here. Bush is just another American barbarian, the kind of person who believes that if an American does it, it cannot be wrong, no matter what "it" is--including murder, mayhem and genocidal destructiveness. It's a mark of how Nazified US political culture is that a Presidential candidate can openly remark that he will not disavow the tactics and methods of the SS, the Chilean Secret police, and other agencies of fascist totalitarianism.

Torture and empire go hand in hand. So it was, so it will always be. The US military has been using torture as early as the so-called Spanish-American War, and perhaps even earlier. The monster George W Bush was only unique because he made it his business to claim torture as official policy, although even he was a little squeamish because he tried to pass off evil cruelty as "enhanced interrogation." But we all know that if official American enemies were to do what our leaders did, they would all be facing the charge of crimes against humanity, and rightly so. American leaders do not have to face justice, for the simple reason that there is no justice in this barbarous, benighted world.

Jeb Bush is just like his brother: a soulless, pathetic lightweight, who has nothing creative about him. The mindless sterility of the 1% world, its amoral character and its intellectual vacuousness means that people coming out of this culture are often sorely lacking in basic human decencies. In other words, ruling class culture tends towards sociopathy. This is one reason why American barbarians like Bush have no problem with the use of torture: these bastards are incapable of empathizing with other humans. After all, their disastrous economic policies which impoverish hundreds of millions and consign them to endless suffering, cause no pang of conscience. W Bush spent years trying to secure MORE tax cuts for the ultra-rich!!

When it comes to Empire, W Bush, Obama, Jeb--they are all the same. Obama says that the United States is above the evil of torture, but this is the guy who has happily murdered many innocents with drones. When will the world see justice ? The day an American leader is standing in the dock charged with crimes against humanity and the peace. But don't hold your breath waiting...

The choices we are given are about the equivalent of Pepsi vs. Coke-
I don't know about you but I am feeling way, way over due for some "good" news...

What a dark little man. A dark and devious little man representative of all the worst in humanity. Representative of the disconnect between people and our disconnect as a country from the rest of the world.

Hopefully enough of us are awake and willing to choose the common good over his brutal definition of security.

What should be apparent to anyone is this.

If Jeb Bush will not rule out torture were he president and given Barack Obama did not prosecute anyone responsible for torture from the last administration , than not only are there no laws against torture in the USA but Barack Obama is as big a supporter of the same as Jeb Bush.

ANY Presidentail Candidate that does not seek to prosecute those guilty of torture SUPPORTS torture just as Jeb Bush does,