Home | About | Donate

Bucking Corporate Donors, Sanders Breaks Individual Contribution Record

Bucking Corporate Donors, Sanders Breaks Individual Contribution Record

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

The Bernie Sanders campaign announced Thursday that the Vermont senator has officially received two million contributions, putting him ahead—at this point in the election season—of every other candidate in U.S. history who was not a sitting president.

If the Democrats want to win the presidential election, they better nominate Sanders. They also better get serious about supporting democratic challengers in a Sanders Bloc in a hundred or so Republican congressional districts that rarely see challengers to their seats.

The trouble is, if the choice is either winning or not upsetting The Rich, the Democrats will opt to not upset The Rich even if it means losing, instead.

My wish for Christmas would be that you are correct but with media and our monopolized media entertainment organizations black balling Bernie, can he truly win the popular vote. I sure hope so but the electoral college?

Surprisingly, Tom Brokaw is a strong natural ally of Bernie, and Tom could also help
force Hillary out of the race for Democratic president --- just like another
highly trusted old newsman, Walter Cronkite did to LBJ in '68.

Here's the amazing truth that Brokaw voiced on the usually quite establishment
program "Meet the Press" just before Thanksgiving:

"TOM BROKAW: Well I agree, listen. You know, when Donald
Trump talks about security or Ben Carson, we're talking about
three-year-old orphans who are orphans and refugees because of
American policy." [NBC transcript] ---- the key phrase being
'because of American policy'.

So, "Greatest Generation" Tom Brokaw is unloading on the big secret
that it is "because of American policy" that things are so screwed up
not only 'abroad' but in the US ---- just as Walter Cronkite told the
American people the ugly truth that the Vietnam War was a deadly mistake
and an imperialist war when he came back from Nam and leveled this
charge on LBJ --- which forced him out of the race saying, “If I’ve lost
Cronkite, we’ve lost the war.”

Now imagine what a surge for Bernie, and a nightmare for war-hawk
Hillary, if NBC's Brokaw had exposed the full truth: --- "we're talking
about three-year-old orphans who are orphans and refugees because of the
American policy of ACTING LIKE A GLOBAL EMPIRE abroad and an economic
tyranny at home!

Go Bernie! <3

Yunzer, it's not just upsetting "the Rich" --- but crossing swords with the EMPIRE that freezes the neoliberal-con 'D' Vichy party of the EMPIRE to be in fear.

Although it seems crazy here on CD to say it --- nowhere near enough Americans even understand that there is an EMPIRE, nor that they themselves are nothing but 'subjects' of that EMPIRE --- because all but a small fraction of even the alt media consistently try to educate the people about the EMPIRE, which is a shame (or a sham):

"Empire Files" is uniquely and with seminal focus doing more to
educate the American people about the Disguised Global Capitalist Empire
that has captured, controls, and now fully "Occupies" our former
country as its nominal global HQ, metropole, and 'beard' of
faux-democracy than any other progressive source of truth-telling.

Although, "Popular Resistance", "Common Dreams", "TruthDig", WSWS, "The Real News Network", "Truth Out", "Days of Rage", and an array of progressive alt
media sites also deserve credit for providing good articles exposing and
'outing' the Empire with some increasing frequency.

Although it seems crazy here on CD to say it --- nowhere near enough Americans even understand that there is an EMPIRE, nor that they themselves are nothing but 'subjects' of that EMPIRE --- because all but a small fraction of even the alt media consistently try to educate the people about the EMPIRE, which is a shame (or a sham):

"Empire Files" is uniquely and with seminal focus doing more to educate the American people about the Disguised Global Capitalist Empire that has captured, controls, and now fully "Occupies" our former country as its nominal global HQ, metropole, and 'beard' of faux-democracy than any other progressive source of truth-telling.

Although, "Popular Resistance", "Common Dreams", "TruthDig", WSWS, "The Real News Network", "Truth Out", "Days of Rage", and an array of progressive alt media sites also deserve credit for providing good articles exposing and 'outing' the Empire with some increasing frequency.
[/quote]

Go Bernie! Then there is this from The New York Times: "But on Wednesday, Mr. Buffett, the chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, said he was endorsing Mrs. Clinton because she “will make sure that those people who are having to work two jobs to barely get by will not have that kind of world for themselves and their children moving forward.” Clueless in Omaha!

What's exciting for me is that Bernie's support comes from the Unknowns, millions of people, not elite columnists like the Greiders and Kuttners of the world, not the pusilllanimous crowd over at Salon or The Nation, but people Unknown except to friends and associates, who take the crisis in American politics to heart. For me this is like a great travel story, there is joy in the getting there, as anyone who has read Paul Theroux understands, but getting there is still the goal-- President Bernie Sanders.

Why are you disagreeing with me? I an merely speaking facts that I'm sure you agree with. Sanders is running within the Democratic Party organization. While political parties in the US are somewhat looser organizations than in a parliamentary system where what the party leader rules the party like a general, the Democratic Party - i.e. it dues-paying members who go to meetings and become delegates for the nominating convention, can still pick whatever candidate a majority of them choose (and a handful of party leaders are pretty good at steering that choice) come convention time. I was merely stating that if Democrats want to win - which is the same thing as saying if Sanders has any hope of becoming president, the Democrats better nominate him - because a lot of voters will stay home if that other candidate is nominated.

Or are you suggesting that Sanders break away and run as an independent? We know how well that works in the US system.

I have no idea what you mean with all you vague arm-waving "we the people" and "Bernie is not a Damnocrat". Why is the US left so clueless as to the nature of organizing? You are conflating ideology with physical organizational resources. To win at ANYTHING one need a thing called a "organization" which recruits members, collects dues, acquires organizational resources - office space, office equipment, holds meetings, hires and pays staff, assigns tasks to the staff and volunteer activists. And like it or not, Sanders IS a member of the Democratic Party - paying various fees to the party organization and everything. Running within the Democratic Party is his whole strategy of winning.

Yunzer, rules have been changed through the years, local politicos do not have the kind of control of the Convention or the Party they did during the era of the "smoke filled room," with the advent of the Primary System the delegates of the individul candidates control the convention. Here is a bit from a page called Democratic Rules:

"Beginning with reforms proposed by the McGovern panel, the Democratic party "democratized" the presidential selection process through a succession of commissions between 1968 and 1992. This series of changes succeeded in 1) crafting rules to guarantee better representation for women, young people and minorities; 2) secured PROPORTIONAL ALLOCATION of delegates, based on state primary or caucus results (eliminating winner-take-all allocation of delegates); and 3) gave convention votes to party leaders and elected officials (they are nicknamed SUPERDELEGATES and are allowed to remain uncommitted until the convention)."

It is those Superdelgates, in my opinion, that could cause a real problem in a close delegate count.

With 271,527 votes cast, Bernie Sanders wins DFA poll:

http://2016.democracyforamerica.com

Making Presidential Campaign History, Sanders Breaks Individual Contribution Record

And the capitalist, corporate media sighed. As far as I know, they're ignoring this news. However, if it was Donald Trump calling someone a name or Hillary Clinton making a war hawk speech it would be saturation coverage.

“News” outlets like the Huffington Post run editorials and stories criticizing Donald Trump daily. Also, they run editorials and stories about Donald Trump daily. They do the same with very few critical stories about Secretary Clinton. It’s no wonder they’re so popular and leading polls. Less than critical thinkers know what they like and they like what they know.

This isn’t a question about whether Bernie Sanders stories appear in the capitalist corporate media because they do. The questions are what are the frequencies and emphases of political candidate stories. The truth leaks out in the capitalist, corporate media in dribs and drabs, but it’s overwhelmed in quantity and volume by their propaganda.

It’s apparent by the metrics above that capitalist, corporate media, military industrial and security complex and political establishment, i.e., the ruling class and their enforcement mechanisms have picked Hillary Clinton as their favorite. She’s the one that will bring more war, more surveillance and more of the same old, same old, watered down, half stepping, thin as gruel, mealy mouth policies of the last thirty years or so with a few crumbs for the working class that mindlessly support her.

It’s going to take a political revolution as Senator Sanders says to prevent it.

Oh, the capitalist corporate media is also ignoring that the 700,000 member CWA endorsed Bernie Sanders for president!

This is the only reference I could find in the capitalist, corporate media after an ixquick.com search.

Help us Obi Bern Kenobi. You're our only hope.

Some good news for Bernie. Bernie is David vs. Goliath. The Wall Street Goliath, whore against the little guy with a sling shot! Many of the Bernie acolytes that want to see Bernie win the POTUS seem to be forgetting that Bernie needs to get the Democratic nomination before they can vote for him. And from my perspective, Bernie's chances of that happening are about 10:1 but that was probably the same chance David was given against Goliath!

But the polls say........but the media sez.....but the talking-heads focus on.....

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Bernie Sanders 2016!

Hillary continues to feed into the oligarchy we find ourselves sinking in...SHE is part of the problem we are currently faced with.

Bernie Sanders 2016!

If the media wasn't working to keep the light off Bernie, he would be a shoe in. Come on folks let's get the number to 20 million and if that doesn't work then WE can carry Bernie into Washington on our shoulders!!!! Go Bernir

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.