Home | About | Donate

Busted: SeaWorld's Corporate Espionage Against Animal Rights Movement

Busted: SeaWorld's Corporate Espionage Against Animal Rights Movement

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

A SeaWorld employee posed for three years as an animal rights activist, in an apparent attempt to undermine protests against the company over its use of captive killer whales, according to an investigation by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

The dark elements on this planet have used infiltration tactics for years and years to compromise those people and groups working for a better world. There are always those pathetic individuals willing to go along for the ride for a rash of nefarious reasons.

I support PETA in their work to draw attention to the unbearable suffering that other beings bear on this planet so that our species can do whatever it damn well pleases.

And for Seaworld to counter with claims that they are concerned about the the safety of their staff (total BS) and animals ( for crap sake) are just lies.

The only response in my personal world is to boycott such businesses, spread the word and live as close to vegan as possible.

So many people will sell their soul for $100 and a shopping trip to the mall.

As one of the "Orlando Eighteen" jailed in 1998 for protesting against Sea World, I can personally attest to what SW does to silence criticism.

They gave permission to protestors to demonstrate just outside the SW entrance, while the Orlando Riot Squad (in full armor and with automatic weapons) hid in the nearby woods waiting to arrest us.

At our jury "trial", the prosecutor opened the proceedings by stating that this trial was "not about free speech". But he revealed the truth in his closing statement, - "If we don't stop these people now, they'll be out there protesting tomorrow!"

What I find interesting about this story is that the man in question was arrested/released at the Rose Parade in Pasadena. This suggests collusion between Sea World security and las enforcement a hundred miles away. It seems like the police in Pasadena (they look like LA County Sheriff's deputies to me) have some explaining to do.