Home | About | Donate

Buttigieg Denounced for Spouting 'Pack of Lies' About Medicare for All While Swimming in Insurance Industry Cash

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/16/buttigieg-denounced-spouting-pack-lies-about-medicare-all-while-swimming-insurance

2 Likes

It was inevitable…a matter of time, but Buttigieg’s true colors are coming through. He is a “moderate.” meaning he is a corporatist. Not what we need given the challenges we face.

31 Likes

Last night, Major Pete began his quest for the republican nomination.

21 Likes

I don’t know but there was something really creepy about him last night - like we have never seen the real Buttigieg - and it wouldn’t be pretty. He is glib but definitely has a hidden agenda. Last night I lost what little respect I had for him. He needs to go back to his mayor’s job and straighten out his police department. Or maybe he needs to quit and go back to McKinsey and Co. where he would fit in more comfortably.

18 Likes

i think he might be further to the right of “moderate” than we realize.

13 Likes

“moderate” has always been a euphemism for neo-liberal duopoly consensus.

17 Likes

It’s pretty obvious why this smooth-talking nonentity (remind you of O’Bummer, anyone?) has risen to fourth place in the polls – at least according to the MSM talking heads employed by the Multi-National Powers-That-Be.  I wonder what other oligarchs in addition to Big Insurance & Big Pharma are contrib­uting to Petey’e rise.  Joe is slipping, and Liz will never do – she’s almost as bad as Bernie in the eyes of Those Who Matter – so now they’re going to try to foist Buddy-Geek on us . . .

10 Likes

Him and Klobuchar embarrassed themselves yesterday. I thought them more conservative Republican than a REAL conservative Republican. As far as I’m concerned you can dump these two POS’s into the same shithole as Trump.

18 Likes

Yea, I sometimes forget that a liberal in the US would be a right wing reactionary in most other countries.

9 Likes

He’s no moderate. This guy is more conservative than Clintons (plural) and Obama.

11 Likes

It would be interesting to know how Klobuchar got to her position. She really comes off as a smug, self-righteous right winger.

12 Likes

Exactly. He’s just “layin in the weeds”
Just another republican lying about who he is - like Clintons, Obama, Biden and so many others

15 Likes

When Obamacare was ruled legal by the Supreme Court it was done so because Chief Justice John Roberts proclaimed that the mandate constituted a ‘tax’ and thus that made it legal. A Medicare for All would need to institute a tax in place of premiums in order for it to also be ruled Constitutional. So, of course it’s going to raise taxes but Warren’s point is that it will reduce overall costs because the tax will be less than the premiums you would pay private health insurers. The moderators surely must have known this and so does Buttigieg. So Buttigieg IS helping the health insurance industry spread misleading information about the cost of a Medicare for All system.

13 Likes

Better to catch on to Mayor Pete’s corporate sock puppetry late than never.

He never met a corporate ass he wouldn’t kiss.

6 Likes

I’ve been saying this since this started, Buttigieg is still in the closet, and I’m not talking about his sexual orientation. From day one, I’ve viewed him as a “closet republican”, all you have to do is look at his record as Mayor and it’s obvious.
He knows his “buy-in if you want it plan” for EIM4A will doom the outcome, ensuring future unearned profits for the healthcare insurance industry.

10 Likes

To be fair, a lot of the d-party consists of moderates. And you need look no further than their current roster of candidates to see proof – outside of Bernie, moderates across the board.

As for party leadership including the DNC, they would rather lose to Trump than win with Sanders.

In a nutshell, that’s why I’m not a Democrat.

15 Likes

Everyday, we ignore the real problem with our spending 18% of all we work hard for to medical.

It is 50% WASTE !! (Aetna web site)

Same as our dept of war.

let’s reduce their share of the pie to 6%.

5 Likes

BootieJudge is a Log Cabin RepubliCON in Establishment Dim clothing.

And why does he keep asking for pocket change from us little folk?

4 Likes

Bill Mahrer has more influence than we thought?

4 Likes

Tulsi Gabbard is no moderate.

3 Likes