Home | About | Donate

Cable TV President Launches Cable TV War—and the Reviews are Boffo!

Cable TV President Launches Cable TV War—and the Reviews are Boffo!

Will Bunch

Sometimes in America, the rocket's red glare is all the proof through the night that you really need.

Nice article Mr. Bunch.

Yes, the War Hawks have all come out of their nests, and are flying high now.

Seems as though in this country anymore that you are either, Pro-War or Pro-Peace.

Nobody will hold those responsible for creating a conflict where none exists that threatens our country.

The opposition party is showing their true stripes and beginning to come around just as they did in 2003 when W. wanted his little war in Iraq.

If we let this happen all over again, as we did then, our nation will be gone.

A lot of people in this country, and some here at Common Dreams, argue that the Democratic Party Establishment is nothing like the Republican Party. I do not see any representation from either party right now. I wish someone would drop a cruise missile on the lot of them, our so called President, VP, and Congress. This is unlikely, however, one can dream.

I will never belong to either party again as it's very clear neither have the citizens of America as their primary interest. It's all about what makes money for the corporations.

We the People of America must shut it all down.
It's fallen to us.

Forget the Media.

Forget the politicians.

It's our party, and we can cry if we want to. But crying won't get our country back from those who have currently purchased it.

We simply must show up and take it back.

I have been called a troll because I don't agree with the "Democratic party is nothing like the Republican party." Both parties adhere to the Milton Friedman Neoliberal/Libertarian economic agenda of free markets, free trade, tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, privatization, deregulation and austerity. These characteristics will see the demise of the poor, elderly and disabled while the middle class become the servant economy. "Forget the Media, Forget the Politicians"--you're damn right--the war hawks that supported the Democratic party during the election did so because they thought Hillary would win. I'll repeat what I said yesterday--The neocons in both parties are in charge; if the ruling class want something in this world, they'll do whatever it takes. Hillary and her complicit corporate Democrats need to go away for good because too many people are awake today and will never vote for either party again. Right now my D representative is saying she will run for governor next year and already has over $900,000 in campaign funds. Oh, how her supporters were gushing over her in the comments just because she's not Susanna Martinez! This D representative has said nothing about single payer and neither have my 2 D senators. They have no interest in the citizens of America, just in keeping the money flowing, to them.

Well said. Thank you for articulating bravely, what I only dare fantasize. Every day, every day w/tears. Also well said kajsa52. This "resist manual" I believe to be a toy given to the people, to make them "feel like they are accomplishing change". I do not respect it. This regime is crazy, corrupt, decadent, cruel. The only thing the house, wh, and cabinet squatters fear, are actual human beings massing up against their gates, over and over, a flood. THIS would frighten them. As much as THEY frighten me. Burn that stupid resist manual. Get real, fight for our nation, our Constitution. Face the fact in a mere 3 1/2 months, we have been destroyed by this regime. I am older. I so wish to see USA citizens fighting for their very lives in our country. For that would be what it is.

Just so the "digression" to what Cohen actually meant by the phrase so revealingly messaged by the Brian Williams, here is the quote for easy access in this thread:

"I think it means exactly what it says. It is a terrorist song. I think it's a response to terrorism. There's something about terrorism that I've always admired. The fact that there are no alibis or no compromises. That position is always very attractive. I don't like it when it's manifested on the physical plane – I don't really enjoy the terrorist activities – but Psychic Terrorism. I remember there was a great poem by Irving Layton that I once read, I'll give you a paraphrase of it. It was 'well, you guys blow up an occasional airline and kill a few children here and there', he says. 'But our terrorists, Jesus, Freud, Marx, Einstein. The whole world is still quaking.

Good article------and now Korea ----the congress had better take back its war powers and fast-ow their on another vacation-------who is provoking this confrontation with North Korea???? And if democrats are silent they are complicit.

Bin Laden : "...the 9/11 Mastermind..."?

Are we back THERE again?

You're completely right about the Duopoly, anyone calling Troll, for pointing this Reality out, is the actual Troll, of which this Site now has many.