Home | About | Donate

CAIR: Funeral Prayers Today for Slain NY Imam and Associate

CAIR: Funeral Prayers Today for Slain NY Imam and Associate

Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

WASHINGTON - Later today, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, will join a community news conference prior to funeral prayers for a New York imam (religious leader) and his associate shot and killed on Saturday.

[MEDIA NOTE: Monday’s news conference will be livestreamed on CAIR’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CAIRNational/ ]

###

Americans should be so ashamed of themselves wherever they are complicit by their silence in any genocide, much less active participants. Whether the genocide is huge like via smallpox laden blankets given to Indians, the horrendous slaughter of Blacks for the slave trade, the slaughter in Vietnam or the bigoted piecemeal genocide like of Muslims or Blacks.....so many atrocities .....all without any justification. I hope the likes of Donald Trump, David Duke, Ted Cruz, et al.....et al....et al.... are proud of themselves for the role they've played in whipping up fears and xenophobia, intolerance and violence, and senseless murders in this supposedly great country today. I guess they and their ilk are waiting until blood literally runs in the streets throughout the nation....but what these miscreants' twisted reward for that holocaust is, I have no clue.

CAIR, please know that not all of us support the murders or harassment in your communities. We are ashamed of the hatred and violence rampant in America today. We stand with you in our brotherhood and joint distress, agony, and righteousness.