Home | About | Donate

California Republicans Double Down on Defying Order to Cease and Desist Deployment of Bogus Ballot Boxes

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/15/california-republicans-double-down-defying-order-cease-and-desist-deployment-bogus

It looks to me like we are up against a treasonous cult that calls itself a legitimate party and are so desperate and in a such a panic mode that they will do anything to stay in power.

4 Likes

Republicans have been rigging elections openly since 2000 while Democrats do nothing about it. A new system for vote rigging is introduced in California. Trump loudly complains that the vote is rigged, knowing full well that the rigging has been in his favor. Without the rigging there would have been no Bush II or Trump.

Nothing will change until these Republican vote rigging schemes are prosecuted. But, like the attempt to impeach Trump, there are places where Democrat leadership would rather not go, lest it unravels the official US illusion of Democracy that both parties brag about to the world while using military force to impose similar systems on the unwilling around the world.

1 million dead and 37 million refugees is just one of the tragic consequences of letting the incompetent Republican madmen like Bush II and Trump on the country and the world.

Trump is a master conman. Better than the average moron could pull off. But, his continued success depends on Democrat complicity in locking out third parties common in legitimate democracies and all the propaganda and illusions the duopoly conspire to preserve. One big one is the Federal Deficit, a story proven obviously to be fake every time the military and banking industry are bailed out.

A FAKE EXCUSE FOR GUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE. ITS NOT A QUESTION OF WHETHER WE CAN AFFORD IT. BOTH PARTIES ONLY WANT TO GIVE MONEY TO THE FEW PEOPLE AND INDUSTRIES WHICH THE DEPEND ON FOR CAMPAIGN FUNDS. ALL BECAUSE THE AIRWAYS ARE COMPLETELY PRIVATIZED AND DEMAND HUGE SUMS FOR ACCESS. ACCESS TO WHAT BEGAN AS A PUBLIC RESOURCE.

8 Likes

Prepare to rumble and fight for justice, equality, peace and a livable future for our youth and all other life forms. The GOP should be considered a terrorist organization. General Strikes! To be followed by non cooperation.

~https://theintercept.com/2020/10/15/eric-branstad-trump-china-ambassador/

5 Likes

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=dWUa7aAIfLE&feature=emb_logo
There is only so much shit people are willing to take…

1 Like

They know that they cannot win honestly.

4 Likes

These things are probably littering - should/could be emptied (taken to polling places) & then carted off the the ‘dump’ – not so happy the dims are just mouthing statutes & not taking action - I’m gearing up for the job of getting things done thru Biden - new ream of printer paper - new black pen - I chew pencils so none of them around - & some Resistance Revival Chorus +

2 Likes

I just can’t believe that the Repubs can just say, “up yours” when confronted with the illegality of what they’re doing. Most normal people just wouldn’t have the balls.

2 Likes

Ideally, a link to the actual law or laws being cited would be helpful. The one I found with the text describing what an official box was:

~https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB365

In that text, it is clear Republicans would be wrong. However, this link is from 2015 and in 2018, there was a rule change in 2018 to allow more types of ballot harvesting (and Republicans were not happy and blame the loss of Orange Counter R reps to Ds on it ~https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ballot-harvesting-bounty-how-dems-used-election-law-change-to-rout-california-republicans)

This appears to be the new bill ~https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1921

which states:

However, a vote by mail voter who is unable to return the ballot may designate any person to return the ballot to the elections official from whom it came or to the precinct board at a polling place within the jurisdiction.

The change was that in the prior version, it wasn’t “any person”, it had to be a family member or person in the household. I’m no lawyer, but it does seem based on these rules AND what it says on my CA mail-in ballot on the back:

I am unable to return my ballot and hereby authorize:
Name (Printed), Relationship to the voter, Signature of person returning ballot

So as I read it, only you should be placing ballot in the mail, bringing it to the precinct and handing it to someone official, or placing it in an official drop off box. If it isn’t you, someone needs to be signing the envelope. The Rs seem to be dead wrong and hopefully get smacked down in my state.

But as to whether it makes any difference:

1. It makes no difference to Biden v Trump - that is a foregone conclusion in my state

2. We don’t have a senate race this year.

3. It may make a difference to a Rep race or down ballot, but in the sense of any turnout change can change a race - I’m not sure I see these boxes as actually enabling voter fraud very effectively. Once the ballots are in a box, is an R operative going to look at the signatures and toss out ones with certain names?

But I’m for organized voting law and still want this case handled, but I doesn’t matter to me that much in the context of many other things (e.g. my gov vetoing RCV is a much bigger deal).

1 Like

Californians must take this into their own hands.

Smash and Grab or Spray Paint “UNOFFICIAL GOP BOX.”

Either way, remove the fucking things. Now!

7 Likes

Exactly, the fact that CA. officials have not rounded up all of these illegal boxes, placed the ballots in them into official boxes, and destroyed the illegal ones is another dog and pony show by the dem leaders, much like the destruction of the USPS. It’s not difficult, when the repug’s replace them, repeat the above action. I would also dump the destroyed boxes at the CA. repug’s office doors and demand they dispose of them, or face fines for littering.

6 Likes

I agree the GOP is more an unruly underworld than principled representative. Business interest control over government is the basic definition of fascism. The third element of fascism is local police and vigilante militia motto “Shoot first and ask questions later.” State forces serve as clean up and to further a police state; our worst nightmare.

Donald J Trump is evil. He’s a modern day reincarnation
of Mussolini plotting a police state to be called Armageddon.
Some Central America nation to control, from there Venezuela.
Odds are this scenario is in the works blessed by our lord bejezus.
Time to get the bejezus scared out of ya people: The Worst is yet to come.
Was that a horse woman who said instead the Best is yet to come? Big teeth.
She’s probably what, I don’t know, not thinking? Most of them must not think good.
A new party to replace disgraced Republican, the term ‘republican’ unmentionable in public.

1 Like

Talk and attempts at bi-partisan co-operation have failed. Either the democrats in power in California take the action necessary by taking this to court and throwing these people in jail for contempt of the law - or they are somehow complicit. This would seem to be a felony and a very serious violation of what should be a sacred right of the people. They just see it as a game to manipulate and win. They have no respect for the sacred right to vote and they need to receive a punishment at the level that will make them understand.

4 Likes

You can believe it once you realize the Republican Party is now Trump’s fascist Party…an organized criminal syndicate that is now a Mafiaocracy!.

4 Likes

Nor do they seem able any longer to know how to SHARE power.

2 Likes

Right. People should have already been charged, been arrested, posted bail, and have their court date established.

8 Likes

When those on the ballot do not represent the people, the election is just an exercise in rewarding the incompetent and disingenuous candidates that can raise the most money and influence the corporate media so that they will not “change anything” that truly matters.

1 Like

Did anyone REALLY think that the repubs would go down without a fight? I swear, if the dems get control of the trifecta in DC, they better make sure their FIRST priority is for a comprehensive election/voter law that make sit easy for ALL Americans to vote, yes, even republicans!

1 Like

I am half-way through Michael Cohen’s (2020) Disloyal. This fake ballot box initiative is wholly consistent with the Trump playbook. One-hundred percent. It is also one-hundred percent consistent with the Republican playbook. Trump is really just the ultimate Republican who lacks any nuance or filtering mechanism to hide what Republicanism is all about and the lengths to which Republicans will go to achieve it. They are the most anti-American sons-of-bitches that I have ever seen (daughters, too, want to be politically correct, here). Yes, we true Progressives have much to fret over the corporate Democrats, but first things first–Kill the Republican Party at Every Turn because they are continually plotting Death to America much more so than Iran ever did or would.

9 Likes

George III and Parliament did less screwing around way back then, than the Republicans have been doing since the 1930s. States can run their elections, but when will it be possible to add some Federal standards as to how the elections are handled? We now have a crazy quilt of election practices, and it’s time to make the States with deceptive practices allowed, get their voters protected.

2 Likes