Home | About | Donate

California's Net Neutrality Bill Is Strong Again Because You Spoke Out

California's Net Neutrality Bill Is Strong Again Because You Spoke Out

Katharine Trendacosta

After a hearing that stripped California’s gold standard net neutrality bill of much of its protections, California legislators have negotiated new amendments that restore the vast majority of those protections to the bill. The big ISPs and their money did not defeat the voices of the many, many people who want and need a free and open Internet.

Should California dump the ballot initiative to divide the state in three and revise it to call for secession from the US ?

Better yet, put secession on the ballot in all three West Coast states.

BS—BS----BS-------WHY IS AT&T PAYING OFF CONGRESS PEOPLE------THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! Why do people accept this as NORMAL!

Great news and it’s a nice victory (so far), but don’t expect the Supreme Court to sanctify it when the inevitable lawsuit occurs. I expect their will be five justices that suddenly turn against states rights when Comcast’s handsomely paid attorneys ask them to. As a California resident, I’ll celebrate for the moment knowing what the future may portend.

This is far from over at the national level. Corporation’s vast sums of money has paid off handsomely in bribing/buying politicians that don’t think people matter. We all need to keep screaming bloody murder to reinstate net neutrality nationally. My guess is that it will be an extremely hard fight as the administration and congressional lackeys have declared war on American’s rights to a free net and all forms of civility fought for over the last 60+ years.

Absurd as this may sound in perceived present circumstances, ISPs Are subject to the majority will of the people because it is the people who sustain them, do they not? TPTB may try to get everything they want from the people but pack donkeys can only be pushed so far before they balk.