Home | About | Donate

Caligula with Orange Hair

Caligula with Orange Hair

Robert C. Koehler

So maybe this is how the U.S. demilitarizes, or the American public at least returns to the consciousness of the late ’60s, when protests rocked the streets and people demanded an end to the savagery in Vietnam:

Fast Forward to the place where Julius Caesar is stabbed 60 times, please.

Yes indeed, a fine piece. This is the possible silver lining to the orange cloud of despair. The criminal oligarchs, once finely cloaked in lies and propaganda, have been put on brilliant display to gloat and strut their stuff. The ‘Orange Monster’ will most likely not be felled by a populist uprising of the newly aware, but by the forces that have controlled the political process for decades and now have the most to lose by being so exposed. Trump and Co. are chest deep in a hole, digging furiously. Whose grave it turns out to be has yet to be determined.

Perhaps it is the fate of predatory empires in the course of denying their ultimate dysfunctionality to resort to the bullying smarminess of the tautology. The latter is, in my humble opinion, a definition that all of us can and should become articulately wise to and be able to counter, recognize instances of it and utilize as an emergency release from the dysfunctional system.

A basic example are the ubiquitous equivalents of “It is what it is”, which essentially means shut up, its none of your business, you are irrelevant. It has been hammered eight ways from Sunday in media and pointing it out might just trigger recognition the next time it is encountered.

tautology string of brief examples

So you wanna Have a New Election? An example of tautological argument from Keith Olberman, apparently on behalf the Democratic Party - see if you can identify the tautologies. By the way, take a look at the youtube page for GQ and tell me if it is not selling sexism.

“And Trump is so blatant he awakes the snoozing American conscience” Sorry, I know its the past but one has to point out: Obama with his soft demeanor and nice smile destroyed Libya. Countless people died, many more injured and displaced. A country in ruins. Nary a peep. Now Trump comes along to possibly do more of the same and people are ready to hit the streets!

Many of us predicted this would happen with the Presidency of Trump. I guess you could say that his Presidency may be a blessing in disguise as that it may finally bring an end to the bloody rampage in the Mid East.

Re: the Orange Fart.
What tautology? We’re great because we’re great and pretend to bluff our way out? I prefer to think of the man occupying the White House as the Orange Fart…he raises a stink so we must excuse ourselves and move on.
Nero and Caligula are embarrassing examples of an Empire in decline and the moral disgrace usually begins from the top.

The fly in the ointment is organizing to brace yourself and be present to assure that due process keeps the positive elements of human life from sliding into the shithole along the way. Recognizing how the con slides through societal structures on tautological arguments is for some a hard but worthwhile study. Do you think it will be gone with Trumpś removal? I think again. Revisit Obama and the dynamics in most of Washington. Note - most, not all, albeit pretty nominal just right now.

The antithesis to this article is presented in Tom Valvove’s “Negotiating with Crazy”: the media and the public are engaged in a cycle activated by Bannon/Conway ( and inspired by Rove, “we are making history while you react, respond, and analyze, wev’e already moved on.”) that tends to normalize the radical tyrannical behavior of “Orange Caligula” and his cronies. Instead of a popular movement spreading like wildfire, people may simply become habituated to the grotesqueness of it all.

Well-said, Speechless. That’s how I see it, too.

Trump actually ran on, and was elected on, having a less belligerent foreign policy than Hillary, but the Neocons, who completely supported Hillary, would have none of it, and their allies in the MSM have hounded Trump on Russia and other issues to the point he is capitulating and beginning to follow the Neocon-Hillary approach. That’s a tragedy.

But stepping back, it makes me realize that Trump really only opposed in a significant way the plutocrat orthodoxy in three important areas – trade policy, immigration policy, and some aspects of foreign policy, particularly with regard to Russia, but still that was enough for the plutocrats and their minions in the MSM, as well as the corporatist Democrats, to engage in an all-out attack on Trump to pressure him to give in or give up. What makes this particularly disturbing is that Bernie opposed the plutocrat orthodoxy in more areas and to a deeper degree, which means the MSM and corporatists in Congress would have attacked him even more viciously, manufacturing even more preposterous scandals with even more flimsy evidence, trying to convince him to give in or resign within months. And that strongly implies that effecting real change using the US political system as it now exists is impossible.

He promised to make us rich, but war will impoverish us. One reason the Swiss are so rich is that they are a neutral country:

i wanted to post earlier in case others couldn’t quite remember who caligula is. i had to conduct a little search to jog my memory. from wikipedia–my bold:

There are few surviving sources about the reign of Emperor Caligula, although he is described as a noble and moderate ruler during the first six months of his reign. After this, the sources focus upon his cruelty, sadism, extravagance, and sexual perversity, presenting him as an insane tyrant. While the reliability of these sources is questionable, it is known that during his brief reign, Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself, and initiated the construction of two aqueducts in Rome: the Aqua Claudia and the Anio Novus. During his reign, the empire annexed the Kingdom of Mauretania as a province.

In early AD 41, Caligula was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy by officers of the Praetorian Guard, senators, and courtiers. The conspirators’ attempt to use the opportunity to restore the Roman Republic was thwarted: on the day of the assassination of Caligula, the Praetorian Guard declared Caligula’s uncle, Claudius, the next Roman emperor.

“Let us imagine the collapse of the military-industrial status quo,”

yes! let’s imagine! everything we create begins as an idea or image in the mind. a thought or idea is energy and according to einstein if that energy is divided by the speed of light squared we get matter–something we can see and touch. lately, i’ve been reading some pretty depressing predictions with global warming. climate change and expanding wars–maybe nuclear. well, one thing i feel sure about is that getting all down in the dumps and depressed won’t help! so we might as well put on a smile and imagine! a better way. if our species has passed the point of no return, we might as well go out dancing in the rain and wearing a big smile!

Orangehair the Pirate and his motley crew will be relegated to the wrong side of history, but the few remaining survivors of the apocalypse will have much bigger things to worry about than we coulda and we shoulda never voted those clowns in.

There is no end game for the soldiers.

True that.