Home | About | Donate

'Call It the Surge': Using Language of War, Trump Says DOJ Preparing Harsh Crackdown on Crime and Drugs

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/28/call-it-surge-using-language-war-trump-says-doj-preparing-harsh-crackdown-crime-and

No, Donnie, a photo op with white-shirt cops at your back doesn’t make your hands look bigger. What you want is photo-SHOP.

14 Likes

The first “surge” will be taking on the culprits in the WH. Especially the well fed guy on the right and of course the loud mouth in the middle.

14 Likes

Alright rump, if you want to be tough on crime then start with your own criminal self and RESIGN!

23 Likes

That “crackdown on violent crime” should start with the fascist pigs in blue uniforms with a license to kill indiscriminately!

29 Likes

This, I would think, should make every citizen stand up and take notice but will it? Legal thugs with military equipment in control of the streets. Not a nice picture from where I sit and I’m out in the middle of nowhere. I pity you in the cities.

25 Likes

My caption for the above picture: THE MAFIA DON AND HIS LIEUTENANTS.

15 Likes

Sounds familiar.

Conservative policemen were initially satisfied with the results of their cooperation with the Nazi state. Crime did indeed go down and the operation of criminal gangs ended. Order was restored. But there was a price. The Nazi state was not a restoration of the imperial tradition. It was at its core thoroughly racist. The Nazis took control and transformed the traditional police forces of the Weimar Republic into an instrument of state repression and, eventually, of genocide.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/german-police-in-the-nazi-state

19 Likes

Ominous given from whom it comes…All his chess pieces are coming into place, the religious intolerants, the bigots of every stripe, corporate lackeys and now the militarized cops.

24 Likes

It’s been a militarized zone in most cities for years. this crap goes back to Reagan. we’re getting to the point where we’re all going to have our own personal police officer assigned to us like a perverse guardian “angel”.

I used to be able to drive around town without a care in the world in the middle of the night. these days? I’ll run into or past a dozen cops or more, and if they get bored enough, one of them will stop me.

I can’t count how many times I’ve heard people, especially young people, not even consider tooling around at night because “too many cops”.

We’ve been a police state for a long time, so announcements like these don’t even phase me anymore.

15 Likes

Can you say “Sieg Heil” ?

an attempt to get police departments behind him for later on when he declares Martial Law so he doesnt have to leave the WH

At least Chief of Police for Chicago didn’t buy in.

9 Likes

I don’t think he’s smart enough for planning like that. There is someone behind the curtain orchestrating this

10 Likes

And believe it or not, it’s not the Russians.

13 Likes

We only have a little more than two million in jail and prison, if we can get that number up to five or six million we will finally be safe!

3 Likes

Welcome the official fascist Trump. This is the direction they were taking US since Reagan.

9 Likes

My God what a gaggle of miscreants. All that’s missing is Hitler and Himmler.

8 Likes

Oh, it’s much worse than that. Very reminiscent of Hitler, the Brownshirts and the SS.

5 Likes

Make America ungovernable again.

2 Likes

Sure, Donald, why don’t you equip the already heavily militarized police thugs with mini nukes. That way you make absolutely sure that there won’t be any protesters and resisters left. You must really fear us, you mental imbecile. And you have reason to. I know a lot of people who are getting ready to fill the streets with anger…

6 Likes

Trump said Afghanistan is “a safe place” compared to Chicago. This is our president of the U.S. who is talking … if you can believe it. I hope the sensible, uncooperating Republicans are taking cover. They could be next in line for harsh treatment by Trump’s “military police.” Welcome to America!

5 Likes