Home | About | Donate

Calling for Genuine Leadership Over 'Climate Capitalism,' Protesters Demand Seat at the Table at Business-Friendly Climate Action Summit

Calling for Genuine Leadership Over 'Climate Capitalism,' Protesters Demand Seat at the Table at Business-Friendly Climate Action Summit

Julia Conley, staff writer

As political and business leaders convened in San Francisco this week for the Global Climate Action Summit, protesters assembled outside the city's Moscone Center on Thursday to denounce politicians and businesses for pushing an agenda that relies too heavily on corporate power and advances "climate capitalism"—instead of one that will truly solve the planterary crisis while representing the interests of the world's most vulnerable populations.

Jerry Brown: hypocrite extraordinaire!

Do your best to find a non-friendly corporate politician, then look to the Green Party.

Or, don’t bother looking elsewhere, just go Green.

Some ideas from The Next System project:

From Truthout.org:
https://truthout.org/articles/trump-lights-the-fuse-on-a-deadly-methane-bomb/

We have reached a tipping point when green eyewash propaganda no longer carries the day.

I’m with you … vote Green all the way; I’m a party member. But one of the biggest problems is that the Green party doesn’t even have candidates on the ballot in many states for the upcoming mid-term elections. The Greens are weak due to the corrupt power of the duopoly and the nature of our “democratic” voting process. Unfortunately, with our apathetic general population, I don’t see this balance tipping any time soon. So I’m asking seriously … what can we, the common folk who actually recognize the horrors of the current political climate, not to mention the actual planetary climate, do to stop this run away train?

The only solution to our dilemma is to put millions in the streets, in front of court houses, statehouses, Congress, and the White House demanding resignations.

It will take millions willing to sacrifice themselves for their children’s futures to commit to a prolonged protest.

Anything short of this is a waste of time IMO.