Home | About | Donate

Calling for Global Action, WHO Chief Says World May Only Be Seeing 'Tip of the Iceberg' With Coronavirus

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/10/calling-global-action-who-chief-says-world-may-only-be-seeing-tip-iceberg

1 Like

Time to close the borders and the airways.

Right after we send the entire Rump clan on a two week all expenses paid trip to China.

One way.

1 Like

There is some evidence that the Coronavirus is man-made. If that is the case, it was probably manufactured in either Ft. Detrick, MD or Ness Ziona, Israel the only two countries who are real enemies of China and the owners of the two most sophisticated biologicl warfare development centers on Earth.

1 Like

Where is this evidence and how reliable is it?

The hysteria over this is mind boggling, Ordinary flu kills thousands every year and most people don’t even get vaccinated. I believe the odds are much greater of winner the lottery than to be even in the vicinity of someone with the virus, much less of one’s actually catching it. We all have a greater chance of being hit by a car, falling in the bath, or being killed bt falling furniture than dying from this virus, just do the math on the numbers. But that doesn’t stop people from taking a bath, buying heavy and unstable furniture or walking on the streets. I don’t get it.

Of course, greater hygiene is good for so many reasons. Ninety+% of everyone I see outside here is wearing a mask. Wearing face masks is mostly placebo as the majority of masks sold, if you can find any, are not able to prevent the transmission of viruses. We are all staying at home for the most part but tomorrow I will go out for a few hours, with my mask on, because I am one of the lucky ones who still have a dwindling supply.

It has been suggested that I get out of here, Hong Kong, before it becomes impossible and we, too, are cutoff and stranded, but moving is not easy and rushing is more stress than I can stand. - Reporting live from HK.

Hey there. It is probably a good time to make a list of priorities based on available information. Moving can be simplified, personal safety is always the top priority. Sorry for your troubles.

I agree, but what should concern everyone is how will Trump use this hysteria to his advantage? Will he see this hysteria as a window of opportunity to declare a national emergency?

If this incident reported here is the same virus then someone has the facts wrong: (re the dates)

ttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/13/two-people-diagnosed-with-pneumonic-plague-in-china

1 Like

And put everyone in fema camps. LOL.

About 3,700 passengers and crew members have been quarantined on the ship, the Diamond Princess,

True but headlines like these foment panic and hysteria. How long before Trump could use quarantines in the U.S.?

That wall seems like a good idea after all… :joy:

It may not be as funny as you think!

2 Likes

Leaked reports claim the actual death toll is well north of 50,000. Hence the panic, closed borders, quarantined regions, cancelled flights, etc. This is much bigger than they’re telling us. I just don’t have hard facts to know if the high death numbers are actually real. But the way China is responding to this crisis, leads me to believe that this is, in the words of Crumpus, “huge!”

50,000 is 0.1% of 50 million – 1918 Spanish Flu.

1 Like

Well, at least man-made global warming is off the front page for a while.
s/

A Johns Hopkins university simulation concluded that a virus like this could kill 65 million people in 18 months under the right circumstances.

2 Likes

There is a Chinese government biological research laboratory ( which stands a good chance of doing some bio-war research on the side) located in Wuhan where the virus originated. Could be coincidence?

Total rubbish !! You are one of those people who manufacture rumors to get some kind of superior sensation that somehow boosts their own self image !!

Israeli Biological Warfare Expert Connects China’s Wuhan Virus to Covert Biological Warfare Laboratory - Behold Israel

That isn’t where i saw it but basically the same story. Although it isn’t near as deadly as what one would expect from a bio-war virus - 1/2% vs 65-75% for biowar.