Home | About | Donate

Calling for Nation to Turn 'Common Pain' Into 'Common Purpose,' Cory Booker Is Running for President

Calling for Nation to Turn 'Common Pain' Into 'Common Purpose,' Cory Booker Is Running for President

Common Dreams staff

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) announced his candidancy for U.S. president on Friday morning, signing the official papers, launching a new website, and sharing his first campaign ad online.

"I'm running for president. Join me on this journey," Booker said in a tweet sharing the video.

1 Like

And the plan is…crowd the field making a clear winner on the first ballot virtually impossible so the super delegates can save the day. With this system, we could even have Hillary again to save us from Trump but rest assured any real progressive will not see the light of day.

19 Likes

We need ranked voting now more than ever

10 Likes

Now I’m glum…

3 Likes

“I represent families, God, and country.” -------------------- Fill in the name of any candidate.

If anyone actually talks about how to end using fossil fuels, with a real plan on how to do that, they get my vote. It could be Justin Bieber for all I care.

5 Likes

I’m voting Green lest by magic Bernie gets the nomination.

4 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying for months. It’s going to be a brokered convention, and the Superdelegates will swoop in to “save the day”.

6 Likes

Calling for Nation to Turn ‘Common Pain’ Into ‘Common Purpose,’ Cory Booker Is Running for President

Turn ‘Common Pain’ into ‘Common Purpose’ - common purpose to create more pain, NeoLiberal hack? Uh … no thanks.

7 Likes

Cory… protector and spokesmodel for the 1% … yeah… no…

12 Likes

After the Senate hearings for Kava to sit on the Supreme Court I sent the link to my page on FDR’s Second Bill of Rights to Harris and Booker, on different days. Someone from his office spent 2 days pouring over that page and others on my site. Out of all the times I have sent that link out only 2 people have looked at it. Booker and Warren. I like Booker as a person but…where are their platforms? Bernie is the only one with a clear platform. Gawd I hope he runs!

3 Likes

Can’t Democrats count? It is very easy, really. The votes that matter come from states that aren’t going to put up with a black guy in the White House. If Democrats were a little more honest about their race-feelings they would be more in sync with their national identity and would stand a chance. When in Rome do as the Romans do is still valid.

Turn common pain into common purpose… to what ends. What is the common purpose or common purposes? Booker needs to spell those out.

2 Likes

I have a hard time getting excited about a person with such close ties to Wall Street. It means someone who will fight the coming (and needed) changes, not embrace them.

8 Likes

Booker is a tool of corporate special interests and big-money. He didn’t have the integrity or courage to vote against the Anti-BDS bill, but just didn’t vote, so he in effect voted with the 25 Quisling Dems (and R’Cons) who voted for the Israel-first bill and against the Constitutional guarantees of freedom of expression and speech…making the BDS Movement criticism of Israel illegal! So much for integrity and independence! A craven clinton DINO neo-liberal with great ambition to serve the status quo…the latest “great progressive fraud”, joining Obama and the other sellouts of progressive ideals and issues! He would assure a second trump regime of death and pollution of everything he touches!

Booker is NOT the one…

10 Likes

Obummer 2.0
More talk, less action

3 Likes
1 Like

More like “turning common pain” into pharmaceutical company profits.

4 Likes

Or Neoliberal 7.0 (counting since Reagan).

1 Like

Well, he’s sure got enough bullsh$# slogans for the job!

2 Likes

BINGO! And who already has most of the super,corrupt, delegates in his pocket? That would be Mr. Master Card! I can hear it now: the super delegates have chosen Biden as their candidate in 2020 for POTUS because they feel he is the most electable… when they really mean Biden is the most selectable!

2 Likes