Home | About | Donate

Calling US Postal Service 'A Joke,' Trump Demands Four-Fold Price Hike for Customers Amid Covid-19 Pandemic

Perhaps we could try to be kind to one another.

1 Like

Two quotes:

" “Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our sheer relentlessness – and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories that are different from the ones we’re being brainwashed to believe.

The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling – their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their weapons, their notion of inevitability.

Remember this: We be many and they be few. They need us more than we need them.

Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy, [War Talk]

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

[ Remarks on the first anniversary of the Alliance for Progress , 13 March 1962]”
― John F. Kennedy

2 Likes

I love this!

That makes TWO cv19 bailouts- both advocating the destruction of the USPO. And the 2nd one passed BOTH houses with only a single negative vote (AOC) . This is not a case of “evil Trump”. It is simply yet another illustration of how The Corporate State of America has been behaving since day #1. Until Trump became CEO, the richest president in America’s history was its first. 6 of the first 10 were among the richest presidents Americans have ever had the honor of serving dinner to and cleaning their homes. And then to wait for a late night visit where they are raped and beaten. Americans are, sadly, very masochistic slaves.

1 Like

Exactly. Voting for the person you think will win instead of voting your conscience will result in more disappointment. At least you will be at peace with your conscience and if everyone did that, maybe we’d get real leaders.

1 Like

Press needs to be asking the hard questions –
like why the ridiculous stress on PO to pay retirement benefits for those not yet
retired 50 years in advance?

Etc, etc, etc –

And WHY the Post Office isn’t allowed to compete with Fed Ex and UPS?

And what impact the attack on the Post Office will have on 600,000 postal employees
and the largest workers’ union?

2 Likes

Hi RockyMpuntain View:
Could the Union for the postal workers sue Bush and Cheney and Congress for making this garbage real? Although-----if Trump et al can change this, then maybe veterans will lose their pensions, and oh wait, if Trump can change the Post Office, I wonder what he will try to do to Congress and their health care. Wow, I see dead people—everywhere, killed by executive order! : 0

1 Like

please stop. you have no business here

Blah blah blah, b-o-r-i-n-g. Please stop.

2 Likes

Perhaps you should read my comment history before making such sweeping pronouncements.

And perhaps you should formulate your comments from reason instead of bile.

By the way, do you feel free when you respond to your interlocutors with vitriol and bile? Or do you feel as though you are a slave to your emotions? If you don’t feel free when you respond thusly, does it ever occur to you that perhaps you could respond differently, in a manner that expresses your autonomy rather than your emotions? Do you WANT to be a slave to vitriol?

Just a few thoughts. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Could the US Postal Service have a four-fold price hike or more for junk mail but less for packages and no increase for first class mail?

That would be closer to what it needs.

Should it also have a ten-fold price hike for anything with tRump’s name on the outside?

1 Like

ack. Can you imagine seeing that mug on crap for years after he is gone? And yes, a makeover is a grand idea.

Couldn’t balance a checkbook. And hos hands ars always in our Treasury Dept! Our money he spends like personal piggy bsnk!

Proven

You must be a Trump supporter.