Home | About | Donate

Calling War 'Irrational,' President of Mexico Rejects Trump Offer to Send US Army to Wipe Drug Gangs 'Off Face of the Earth'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/05/calling-war-irrational-president-mexico-rejects-trump-offer-send-us-army-wipe-drug

1 Like

Distraction Donnie plying his trade again. Film at 11…

2 Likes

From the article:

“…to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth.”
–Pwesident Twump

Here’s how you do that, Donnie: legalize possession of small amounts of any drug for personal use. The street price will plummet and the cartels will dry up and blow away.

6 Likes

I’m afraid it wouldn’t be that easy. The cartels are organized and armed to the hilt, and even if drugs were legalized, the cartels would still be operating as usual, terrorizing and offering “protection” to the population all over Mexico.
Drugs are only part of their operation.

2 Likes

Gee this is a new idea. Let’s ask permission to let our military invade a foreign country. We usually sanction them first. Oh, and did he tell them that he plans to take their oil to pay for the war and the wall. I also wonder how many times we will kill the cartel leader. How many years will we occupy Mexico? How many Mexicans will flee to the border and be told to go to a Central American country to wait for an immigration hearing. Will this war get Ford to bring car manufacturing back to the US.
I expect we will see some tweets giving the answers to these and other questions from EL DONITO some time later today.

4 Likes

Someone who wants to be “cleaning out . . . monsters” ought to begin with his own soul. If he can’t do it there, he’s not going to be able to do it anywhere else either.

3 Likes

So Trump’s confused base thought they were getting “no more wars” but instead are offered a massive quagmire in Mexico and the inevitable collapse of our southern neighbor that follows any American imperialist intervention anywhere. Not to mention the masses of refugees that will pour over the border.

4 Likes

That would mean wipe out the CIA first, since they are actively involved in Afghanistan heroin trade and who know how many other drug dealings around the world to support clandestine operations.

3 Likes

Yes and shut down the CIA too

2 Likes

Allow US troops into your country? Not unless you desire to be occupied indefinitely. The US never leaves without being forced out. Mexico declined the offer, which means a better than even chance they’ll invade regardless.

3 Likes

Here’s a better idea: end the stupid drug war.
it’s killing everything it touches.

thanks in advance,
russian bot

6 Likes

I have lived and worked in Mexico and in my view, you are spot on!

1 Like

Isn’t the Trump administration a gang of thugs?

2 Likes

I can’t ever imagine Mexico allowing any armed group wander around the country. They already have the cartels to deal with.
For us it would be like Vietnam. No front line to expand. Just hit and miss tail chasing.
A population that is unhappy about their lot in life will turn to alcohol or whatever is easily available and inexpensive.
Do we go after the French and their wine drinking next. The Russians and their love of Vodka. The Turks smoking hashish. The Afghans and Chinese using opium. We have to stop being the worlds policeman.

3 Likes

American hegemony and domination at work again.
Grifter wants to insert our military into a country that’s supposed to be an ally.
And I have a feeling that our valiant military heroes would find that the Mexican cartels are just as fierce if not more fierce than the Viet Cong and other insurgents who wage war on foreign powers who invade their country.
I want the American military to attack corruption here in America, starting with Trump properties and corporate criminals such as Dow, Koch Industries, Murray Energy, etc.

2 Likes

The stakes have grown some, in China drug trafficking includes the death penalty for >50g of heroin or methamphetamine. Fentanyl is also an issue that has caused thousands of deaths here and involves Mexico where it is international.

Much stronger laws for drug users too:

What Trump really means when he offered to send the U,S. Army to Mexico to: " WIPE DRUG GANGS OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH" is we want to get rid of your drug cartels so we can control the lucrative drug trade in Mexico.

3 Likes

Next step might just be Trump calling for an all out war against those on the left who are calling for his impeachment. After all, it’s a coup right and Trump is the state and attempting to impeach him shows disloyalty.

What Trump is capable of just to save his ass is something all rational people should be concerned about.

5 Likes

This is a realistic possibility.

1 Like

Legalize drugs.

Problem solved.

5 Likes