Home | About | Donate

Cambodia Outraged as US Demands Repayment of 'Blood-Stained' War Debt

And the U.S. never signed the Geneva Accord, I believe, for the reason that it was understood how popular Ho Chi Minh was throughout the country and would overwhelmingly win any presidential election in a united Vietnam.

Cambodia owes the US nothing, on the contrary.

The big banks do not represent US.

Online Direct Democracy

https://dcentproject.eu/about-us/

Kissinger’s mad and illegal bombing of Cambodia:

2 Likes

Still trying to understand why the US can with a straight face claim the moral prerogative over Putin. And no, I don’t read the Russian Times although I was accused here of quoting it almost verbatim a couple of days ago. The point is not that Putin isn’t bad, just relatively speaking no worse than us. He may poison a political opponent, but our boys destroy entire countries, plus murder an 8 yr old American citizen in Yemen, plus arm the Saudis- who is among the most oppressive counties on earth and also sponsors and exports the most radical Islam strains, plus jail whistleblowers, plus stir up the people to hate Wikileaks who publishes the truth.

4 Likes

Thank you for this contemporary example of the ongoing USA foreign political morass in SE. Asia, specifically Cambodia. I had the good fortune to work with Cambodian refugees for a year on the Thai/Cambodian border in Khao-I-Dang refugee camp, 1989. Several of my Cambodian colleagues eventually shared with me their memories of USA carpetbombing of their rural communities.

An update/correction regarding the “500,000 tons of bombs” dropped on Cambodia during the USA’s Indochina War is important to Hun Sen’s response to this moneyed reparation request by “our” US corporate profiteers.

In December of 2006, Drs. Taylor Owen and Ben Kiernan published analysis obtained through President Clinton’s post-2000 Vietnam visit and release of a US. Air Force data-base enumerating a much larger tonnage of all American bombings of Indochina.

Owen and Kiernan wrote in a December 7, 2006 ZCommunications.org/znet article, that "from October 4, 1965, to August 15, 1973, there was recorded 2,756,941 tons of ordinance dropped on Cambodia in 230,516 sorties on 113,716 sites. Just over 10 percent of this bombing was indiscriminate, with 3,580 of the sites listed as having “unknown’ targets and another 6,238 sites having no targets listed at all. The database (although incomplete at their writing) also shows that the bombing began four years earlier than is widely believed: not under Nixon, but under Lyndon Johnson. The impact of this bombing, the subject of much debate for (then) the past three decades, is now clearer than ever. Civilian casualties in Cambodia drove an enraged populace into the arms of an insurgency that had enjoyed relatively little support until the bombing began, setting in motion the expansion of the Vietnam War deeper into Cambodia, a coup d’etat in 1970, the rapid rise of the Khymer Rouge, and ultimately the Cambodian genocide”.

Their full write-up can currently be found in “The Asia-Pacific Journal / Japan Focus” at the following address:
http://apjjf.org/-Taylor-Owen/2420/article.html

5 Likes

Apparently we cannot blame our “socalled” president or his brain for this egregious and very crass demand. This atrocity should end immediately and Obama has something to apologize for for leaving this undone. THis would not be a political football if adults were running our country.

2 Likes

Nope. It’s yet another story that the US corporate media has buried for years on end.

If Republicans weren’t sadists and psychopaths from top to bottom, they might see an opportunity for some good press here that would divert attention from some of their other misdeeds.

1 Like

Cambodia owes nothing to barbarian idiots that called her a domino and then bombed people with at first only a vague idea explosions on the ground were related to white streaks in the sky…

Thank you for this contact info!

1 Like

Poor Prince of Cambodia. The CIA had a voice mimicking tool telling worse than Monica Lewinsky stories. Wow. What a bunch of low life crap slingers.

The US, playing the fool again. Is this all we are good at?

Thanks for the info. I am send a post card with an apology.

How I wish there really was a hell for murderers.

1 Like

Kind of like how we charged Iraq for “liberating” it from Saddam Hussein. Or how we stole Libya’s gold from their nationalized bank after assassinating Gaddafi. Or how Haiti had to pay France for its “loss of income” after the successful Haitian slave revolt back in the 1800’s (they finally had the balance forgiven just a couple of years ago, IIRC).

3 Likes

Just as soon as the US pays its own debts…

When the US owes, americans act like they know nothing about it and aren’t responsible, such as the atrocities commited against American Indians. “It was someone else who did it, It was so long ago.” However, when other people owe the US, there is no forgiveness. How exceptional…

2 Likes

When is the USAian government, the political descendents of the murderous slave-owning terrorist insurgents of 1776, going to pay reparations to the Windsor family for stealing the USA from the British Crown?

1 Like

It would seem so. Sorry.

Uh, no. See: https://history.state.gov/milestones/1961-1968/laos-crisis

This is one of the most vile things I’ve heard of in recent memory. Sent an email to Bernie and Eliz Warren demanding they intervene.

Why did we support Pol Pot? They seem to want to hide that important fact.