Home | About | Donate

'Cartoonishly Evil': After Kids and Parents Injured, Trump Commissioners Stepped in to Thwart Stroller Recall

'Cartoonishly Evil': After Kids and Parents Injured, Trump Commissioners Stepped in to Thwart Stroller Recall

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In a "cartoonishly evil" move that critics warned could set a worrying precedent for corporate regulation, the Washington Post reported Tuesday that Trump appointees at the Consumer Product Safety Commission blocked a recall of jogging strollers that agency staff believed had injured both adults and children.

0 Likes

I ran with my son in a Bob stroller around 9 years ago and the front wheel would occasionally start wobbling like crazy and scare the crap out of me - no crashes though. Then I found out if you want to run with it, you have to lock the front wheel 180 deg from the way it drags normally. Couldn’t they have figured out how to make a stable design with a pivoting front wheel?

In general if your product is out there and has demonstrated real world faults, don’t blame the user - parents are really busy and they aren’t all going to read a manual. Make it damn obvious if they are doing something wrong and if it wasn’t obvious, reduce the failure mechanisms to near 0. And if you fail, do the damn recall - nobody likes a cheapskate company, especially parents.

2 Likes

"Inherently Evil."

0 Likes