Home | About | Donate

Caught Admitting He Just Makes Stuff Up, Trump Doubles-Down on False Claim Made to Trudeau About Trade Deficit

Caught Admitting He Just Makes Stuff Up, Trump Doubles-Down on False Claim Made to Trudeau About Trade Deficit

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

After the Washington Post obtained a recording in which President Donald Trump bragged to donors about making up trade facts during a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Americans expressed concerns about Trump's demonstrated tendency to lie alongside worries about how he will handle less friendly heads of state, such as No

Trump is pathetic.

Trump’s loyal legions love it when he boldly states his lies.

When the media points out his dishonesty, he labels that fake news.

“Facts” have been manipulated since the dawn of politics: Trump merely takes it to total bullshit levels.

We are in dangerous, dangerous territory, which most idiotic Trump supporters don’t realize (and don’t care, even if they did). An era in which the Truth - the real, actual, factual TRUTH - no longer matters AT ALL. Lies and falsehoods and made-up hooey - which in the past, sure all politicians were guilty of occasionally, is now yet ANOTHER precedent that has been normalized and become perfectly acceptable. The President can now - and always, going forward - lie about something on national TV, to foreign leaders, to the American citizens, to Congress, whoever, and even if it is something easily and demonstrably proven false continue forwards with policy and actions based on that lie, as if the lie is actually the truth. I don’t think Americans have even the foggiest understanding of the kind of dangerous territory that puts us, and the world, in. The truth MATTERS. If we are now officially a country where it doesn’t, then we are in serious trouble. And all you moronic Trump whores that LOVE that Trump lies his ass off are going to reap the whirlwind right along with the rest of us.

And yet, in spite of all of this, Trudeau looks like he wants to give Trump a big fat kiss on the lips (yeeuck)!

WAKE UP CANADA!

Justin Trudeau should be ashamed - his parents Pierre and Margaret were much better than that pathetic weakness - and all of Canada as well for being a lap-dog for a sociopath moron and his regime of corruption and thieves! Stand-up to the scum and his pathology!

The moron has played Canada and its PM for fools1 How much longer are you going to take that garbage from a pathological liar and thief!?

I would like to see someone write a song: I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN BECAUSE I KNOW WE ARE NOT FREE!

How much longer are WE going to take same garbage from our pathological liar-in-chief?

Here you go:

Thanks!

Why does anyone take seriously anything Trump says? He is the P.T. Barnum of US Presidents.

We are all pathetic if we don’t impeach him, NOW!

That is very unfair to Phineas Barnum. After his showman days he went into politics. He became an abolitionist around the time that Lincoln started his term and after the Civil Way was elected to the Connecticut legislature and later to be Mayor of Bridgeport. He did some good stuff for Bridgeport including starting a major not-for-profit public hospital and was its first president (Bridgeport Hospital), created Seaside Park in the city, had gas lighting installed to keep the streets safe at night, and he tried to upgrade the quality of the water supply by telling the Water Company they had to improve their standards or the city would take them over (but lost a citywide vote on that issue).

President Trump may be a conman interested only in his own fortune like P.T. Barnum was his younger days - but he is no P.T. Barnum.

(edit added after more reading): Oops - I just read more on P.T. Barnum and now realize that he also was at the forefront of legislating Victorian conservative cultural values. He strongly opposed birth control and while a legislator championed laws that made that illegal and also advocated for anti-obscenity laws.

I am disappointed when Trump is compared to any other politician or other historical figure, who are allegedly as bad as Trump.

Despite whatever shortcomings and undesirable actions thse comparisons focus on, at least all the other politicians and historical figures did have at least a few positive contributions. Hitler built the auto-bahn, Jackson kept New Orleans from being destroyed…

By comparison, Trump has always been in it for Trump, at the expense of the rest of us. No other politician or other historical figure deserves to be compared to Trump and his GOP conspirators.

Okay, I’m on it. Have you impeached him yet?

The worst part of this is not only that the Republican Party has taken lying as its stock currency, but they are so arrogant about it that they expect everyone to just accept it as truth, and don’t care when caught. The utter contempt they have for the citizens of this country should be obvious to even the most casual observer. We really need to vote them all pout and replace them with progressives and take the country back and try to fulfill the promises of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Agreed, the Repubs seem to have taken it to new heights even since the Bush ‘the lesser’ days.
Blatant, in your face, BS and with a “take it, you can’t do anything about it” attitude.

But you will have to agree that the Dems seem to have a flowering abundance of not only arrogance, but subterfuge as well. the Dem leadership is really not to be trusted.

And, as far as I can see, Independent as practiced by ol Angus is simply a method to allow being bought by both sides of the fence.

Iris Dement is a rare and beautiful treasure! Say goodbye to our nation…

Cause it should be read…by all. “While we sit gloating in our greatness
justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea”

Living in the wasteland of the free

We got preachers dealing in politics and diamond mines
and their speech is growing increasingly unkind
They say they are Christ’s disciples
but they don’t look like Jesus to me
and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free

We got politicians running races on corporate cash
Now don’t tell me they don’t turn around and kiss them peoples’ ass
You may call me old-fashioned
but that don’t fit my picture of a true democracy

We got CEO’s making two hundred times the workers’ pay
but they’ll fight like hell against raising the minimum wage
and If you don’t like it, mister, they’ll ship your job
to some third-world country 'cross the sea

where the poor have now become the enemy
Let’s blame our troubles on the weak ones
Sounds like some kind of Hitler remedy

We got little kids with guns fighting inner city wars
So what do we do, we put these little kids behind prison doors
and we call ourselves the advanced civilization
that sounds like crap to me

We got high-school kids running 'round in Calvin Klein and Guess
who cannot pass a sixth-grade reading test
but if you ask them, they can tell you
the name of every crotch on MTV

We kill for oil, then we throw a party when we win
Some guy refuses to fight, and we call that the sin
but he’s standing up for what he believes in
and that seems pretty damned American to me

where the poor have now become the enemy
Let’s blame our troubles on the weak ones
Sounds like some kind of Hitler remedy

While we sit gloating in our greatness
justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea

by Iris Dement

Trump may have faults but at least he recognized Justin Trudeau as a, “Good guy” I agree. His hands may be tied on some issues, but in my Soul I believe he is doing his best for the Canadian people.