Home | About | Donate

CDC Offered Detailed Guidance on Safely Reopening Businesses. White House Said Report Would 'Never See the Light of Day'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/07/cdc-offered-detailed-guidance-safely-reopening-businesses-white-house-said-report

2 Likes

No amount of truth or concern for the American citizen will be allowed to interfere with Trump’s reelection, profiteering or the furtherance of the conservative agenda.

7 Likes

So I guess this means peak carnage on election day. 3000 deaths/day x 180 days till then = 540,000 deaths. US deaths in WWII: 418,500.

3 Likes

What an election strategy! Trump’s “Wartime” Presidency turns out to be a war on Americans.

11 Likes

Can someone explain why the White House has this kind of power in the USA? It’s time for every so-called department of the US Government to step up and just ignore the sociopathic monster in the White House. WTF is wrong with this god damned bunch of cowering fools kissing Trump’s shit filled asshole every fucking day. Publish the report on your own like you are paid to do with all our taxes.

13 Likes

The mass murder that this GOP has sanctioned due to their lack of involvement in addressing proper health measures, warrants their arrests and convictions.

The complicity of the AG in this murder is grounds for his rapid removal.

If only the Democratic Establishment had the willingness to fight and enroll the Joint Chiefs in this endeavor, we might actually save many, many lives.

8 Likes

Now yer talkin’

2 Likes

Maybe a so-called democratically elected President shouldn’t be able to wield such excessive power. Where is any benevolent leadership going to come from? Now that Bernie has been contained, who is willing to rail against the billionaire class? Excessive inequality is the source of most of our problems and, except for progressive bloggers, no one with any influence seems to want to call it out.

4 Likes

Nothing new, it has been covertly this way for many, many, years Trump has just made it overt and transparent.

3 Likes

The white house’s power pivots on the best Congress money can buy having 100% enforcement authority over POTUS crimes.

During the first months of the Trump regime in 2017 Congress gave Trump a license to steal and worse.
In 2020 we have seen the US Senate assure that Trump’s license to steal and worse has no expiration date.

2 Likes

Trump’s Crony Criminal Adm. have no self-restraint, no rules except winning. The MSM continues to play along with this deteriorating scenario, expecting some " divine political intervention " by The Leadership Class. Or, for even better ratings, a massive public walkout and street protest with the obvious subsequent police and security responses. Which will trigger a result that looks a lot like a large grasshopper hitting a car’s windshield.
Remember, 120,000,000 Americans still have jobs and less than 1% of the newly unemployed are from the financial/professional sector of the economy. The property class will hold their noses and side with Trump & Co. Creating a disaster for those who dared to " jump the shark ", as they say.
The solutions for countering Trump’s dystopian designs, are to be found in brains and strategic planning, not in the old saw of " fools rush in where wise men never go " kind of thinking.

1 Like

that’s gonna sound like a Coup to many, and sure could be spun that way.
HAving said that

What I’ve said many times here lately - We are not going to get out of this by voting. Voting requires a working civil democracy. We no longer have that

8 Likes

I wish someone with more brains than me would come up with a solution. It is to me like the proverbial Gordian Knot, I see the problem but not how to solve the problem. We need some super smart progressive ( maybe like Chris Hedges?) to show us how to unravel the knot!

1 Like

A Coup that will possibly save millions of lives, supported by a clear majority of Americans.

Phred, elections can be stolen, and most likely will if We the People continue to permit this lawlessness to continue.

2 Likes

FYI
David Sirota: A Bipartisan Effort to Prevent Accountability for the Coronavirus Response Is Underway

A chorus from politicians and mainstream media is rising to demand we “look forward, not backward” on the criminally negligent US response to coronavirus. The aim of these arguments is simple: to block efforts to hold Donald Trump and his cronies accountable for their incompetence and malice.

~https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/05/coronavirus-covid-crisis-donald-trump-george-w-bush

4 Likes

What is up with Utah, they have 50 deaths from the covid-19 and are already opening their economy. Does anyone have an analysis for these disparities.

What, you don’t like pounding your head up against a wall? Me neither.

I previously thought it was a dynamic leader that was needed to pull us out of the ditch. But I more and more blame a complicit population.
Apparently everyone must have it so good they won’t complain in a meaningful way.

1 Like

And I for one always give you a heart for saying so Phred.

1 Like

More on CDC:

Trump administration rejects CDC guidance on reopening US amid coronavirus

~https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/cdc-guidance-coronavirus-reopen-america/index.html

Surprised yet? I, for one, cannot imagine another 4 years of this monstrous criminality.

2 Likes

Our voting system has been unfair for a long, long time. That is not a viable way to make progressive changes.
But even now “the people” are not ready for a fight. I assume that they may never rise.

1 Like