Home | About | Donate

CDC Offered Detailed Guidance on Safely Reopening Businesses. White House Said Report Would 'Never See the Light of Day'

All things being equal folks, if voter participation in November is the same as it was in 2016, or more likely less, as a second wave of the pandemic will be in full bloom by then, then Trump is a shoo in for a second term. That’s why he is fully embracing the “open the country up” movement. The more sick and dead people there are by fall, the better his chances of re election. We could literally be looking at a popular vote turnout around 35% if this Covid thing is not reigned in this summer.
And with Uncle Joe sitting on the sidelines not even yelling at kids to get off his lawn, Trump may just win a landslide.

5 Likes

Trump – like any other bully or dictator – will not tolerate any other
voice or opinion to be heard other than his own.

Fortunately, the CDC at least had the courage to pass the info and info about
what happened to the press.

1 Like

OK. But how do you account for Trump’s idiot followers who are (and will) expose themselves to the virus and become the “second wave”? Won’t they be dead or incapacitated or pissed off because they now have first hand experience with the “hoax”? Can’t see the backlash from this causing less “hold your nose” voting for Joe.

1 Like

NO argument from me

2 Likes

Absent vote-by-mail, Certainly possible

1 Like

Fauci should resign and become a whistleblower commentator. He would be much more effective; and would really demolish the Trump/Kushner axis’ corrupt approach.

2 Likes

They are already taking care of that. The USPS is going to be dismantled by November. Trump just put a crony in charge who has that very goal.

4 Likes

You forget that America’s conservative hordes are the most motivated voters in the country. The dead would have to number in the millions before it would make a dent in their stilted ideology or their electoral participation

2 Likes

I would put it this way: apparently, the masses have been so brainwashed into believing they have it so good!

3 Likes

Utah’s numbers look to me like they haven’t been testing much – so their stats don’t mean much yet.

1 Like

If this pandemic rages for 36+ months as some are saying it may, with the government assuming “no” responsibility for anything related to it, I believe the “People” may rethink their position of non-involvement.

I hope I’m still alive to be apart of it.

2 Likes

Same here. The only alternative I’ve come up with economically for what we’re up against is going for some kind of currency that can’t be horded. Calorie or nutrition based, maybe?

Corporatism as the heart, soul, and body of America is the real problem. In these last decades, it seems nothing in the public sector isn’t fair game for criticism from business. How is public education just like a business, anyway? How is the fire dept. or the police dept.?

The Miltonian “Green is Good” ideology that all who serve this late-stage capitalism model has to be undone.

Don’'t be a part of it. Be above it and remember they’re, as Ralph would say, " two sides of the same coin ", right now. You can just feel their innuendo.
The Democratic Leadership Class ( DLC ) is a backstop for Trump’s Dystopian Designs. Sunnstein’s " there’s too much democracy in America " political philosophy of rule, as it were.
AKA- " populism ", especially on the left side of the spectrum. Smart people with communitarian ideas and shared values are really scary to them. Clean gov’t and no " pay to play " – OH NOS!!!
The right wing populists are an astro-turfed invention of a cadre of Fascists in a dead end Oiligarchy and, mostly lead by Flat Earth Society pitch men. Who don’t want to answer any hard questions for fear they may to refund the dirty $…

2 Likes

Yea I saw that. And Caligula will certainly try to kill USPS. The only hope that Chucky and Nancy do something…LOL

I crack me up!

1 Like

I would really like to invest in guillotine futures. And maybe some tri-corner hats.

3 Likes

I like your idea, but even though that seems impossible, what if they printed a new currency and made the old currency obsolete? And no one was allowed to have over a certain amount in their possession? Keep thinking Wobblie. By the way, are you connected to the old Wobblie’s in any way? Their mantra was:" WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!" Their movement was destroyed when they labeled with the fascist, pejorative…REDS.

It’s time for the GOP to come clean: TRUMP is NOT HUMAN.
He has been newly discovered as an Android with limited brain capacity-----however, he does appear to eat hamburgers a lot—although it’s possible that the meat is from previously jettisoned government employees who speak for the People—and so are jettisoned right away–into hamburger.
He appears not to sleep and his favorite words are "beautiful, and "I’. There is,limited brain capacity, and the orange skin tone is apparently from oranges as someone told him once that vitamin c comes from oranges and so it is apparent that he has consumed a lot of them.
He appears to have unlimited energy—but that is not true when he is in front of the public—the rest of the time he sits comatose next to his twitter advisor and grunts approval of mean and nasty words which his twitter account spews out… He is apparently a very cheap android model and runs primarily on bloody burgers , oranges and a drink he refers to as co-fe-fe . Go figure.
I am so sorry for you—the GENUINE and really educated humans at the CDC, I have no idea how you can deal with this said-to-be human but truly more of a THING as President. I have prayed to YODA for the FORCE to be with you----otherwise, I am afraid the entire planet will be destroyed by an “idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying,
NOTHING!” : (

1 Like

They have big families. Maybe there is an interest there in children attending school and getting educated. Just guessing.

You’re assuming there will even be an election day. The fascists are winning and the opposition party are more worried about crushing the communist left while putting up their version of the safe choice in Joe von Hindenberg. The current pandemic is seen by the political elites as their Kristallnacht and Reichstag Fire all rolled into one. They will crush civil liberties.

2 Likes

Makes one wish for the arrival of the Borg. Better to be part of the collective than crushed under the heel of a bunch of Ferengi.

2 Likes