Home | About | Donate

CDC Official Says She Was Told to Delete Email on Kids' Covid-19 Risk to Match Trump's School Reopening Message

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/10/cdc-official-says-she-was-told-delete-email-kids-covid-19-risk-match-trumps-school

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m at a loss for words.

5 Likes

Can we hire some new grassy knoll guys now?

5 Likes

“Lucy, you have some splaining to do.”

4 Likes

What are you some kind of conspiracy nut? There was no one on the grassy knoll in Dallas Texas, the MSM has told us that ever since I was a very young kid!

2 Likes

Yeah. Us conspiracy nuts refuse to believe that one man killed JFK?

Do you?

3 Likes

In-person K-12 instruction has stopped in my neck of the woods and teachers still have the option to work from home and teach virtually. Areas of the country that didn’t close down schools like this are experiencing positivity rates that quintuple our relatively high 7-8% rate. You reap what you sow, the old saying IS true.

4 Likes

I don’t see how more government-contracted murder will help.

Who said “government-contracted?”

Not I.

You did.

Yup. I said it, and elements of the US government conspired to do it, and cover it up.

2 Likes

It’s hard to understand why they even bother covering up their historic crimes, as everyone expects the (potentially) subsequent crew to be “looking forward, not back.” No matter the extremity of the crime – up to and including domestic crimes against humanity – it’s institutionally inconceivable that any USA presidential administration could ever be accused of criminal conduct.

This is because criminal conduct is the business of every USA presidential administration, from the shifty real-estate speculator George Washington forward. Were we to successfully prosecute executive crimes, it would be the end of a quite venerable system. There might be a slim chance of NY prosecutors going after Orangeman – only for crimes predating his administration. For the mass-murder by viral proxy Orangeman has openly committed in office – a crime of such magnitude it may sink us yet – prosecution and even exposition is way off the table, if sacrosanct US American traditions are to be preserved.

It’s just some legal redundancy, I guess. We’ve got revolving-door folks so accustomed to running shredders at the slightest provocation, they’ve already scrubbed the last copies of their own resumés.

4 Likes

One of Biden’s first acts should be to fire Redfield. He has been a Trump toady almost from the beginning of the pandemic.

4 Likes

It’ not “potentially illegal” or “can be illegal”, it is illegal, period.

As a company officer with the fire department, I was responsible for writing the incident reports for the alarms we responded to, and was informed when I was promoted, that falsifying, deleting information, or removing information from any public record (our reports were public record), was punishable with 10 years in jail and/or a $10,000 fine. There’s no reason to believe it would be any different at the state or federal level.

3 Likes

Government Gone Wild.

What goes around…

1 Like

Is it MafiaCIA or is it CIAMafia

I always get those 2 confused

1 Like

The Regulation is called Federal Records Act

And YES it is ILLEGAL to destroy any government record without authorization from the Archivist of the National Archives

You know that place housing all the evidence we may one day be able to present to the ICC in The Hague

2 Likes

Redfield bothers getting out of bed.

1 Like

Don’t know about you, but I do not hear of any trials from the ICC. And - if memory serves - one of W’s first orders of business was to remove the U.S. from participation in it.

1 Like

I have similar experience, some records are retained for three years, some seven years (some even longer) and many are confidential. Breaking confidentiality can also be penalized. In my field, there is also a provision that you don’t have to say how you will conform to this ruling, but if you do, then you will be held accountable.

I wouldn’t want to be in this situation.

2 Likes

And…absolutely nothing will be done about it. Biden and the Democratic Party leadership do not want to actually do anything substantive at all. Biden is a placeholder, in place to ensure the oligarchs continued tightening of control over the pretense of democracy that is left in the US. Once his purpose is served, likely in a few months time, he will be replaced and then control of the puppet government will be returned to the Republicans under a more competent fascist.