Home | About | Donate

CENTCOM Document Reveals Coalition's Hidden Civilian Carnage in Syria and Iraq

CENTCOM Document Reveals Coalition's Hidden Civilian Carnage in Syria and Iraq

Chris Woods, AirWars.org

A newly-declassified CENTCOM document – published by Airwars and international media partners for the first time on Thursday – reveals that by early May of this year, the anti-ISIL Coalition had already internally investigated dozens of events involving at least 325 possible civilian deaths from airstrikes in Iraq and Syria.

But... but... look over there! Republicans!

Vote for the lesser-mass-murderer! Vote Democratic, now, and forever!

(Excuse me while I go vomit for a bit.)

The slaughter of innocents in wars is out of control as anyone with an ounce of empathy or attention can see. The West created the nations/mechanisms that have led to today. The US and our predictable allies are dead center in the causes of the carnage and responsible for much of it; The US, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, all commit crimes against humanity and others sit idly by, not wanting to become a target! "Islamic" extremists, Daesh, AQAP, and others justify their atrocities one depraved way or another and complete the circle of death and abuses. Some of these Islamists are just reflections/responses to US and its allies crimes against their people and attract many followers who see the history, some are depraved killers and rapists attracted to a mechanism that encourages their depravity. Poor people are in the middle of the maelstrom and are being killed, maimed, raped, made slaves, and displaced in numbers that should make leaders of conscience and moral compass notice, but they do not, they deflect, justify, equivocate and lie defending indefensible actions and millions continue to suffer hideous consequences.

For-profit wars and responses to them, western colonialism/exploitation of the ME (oil) have combined into a perfect storm of death and destruction, sectarian hatred and violence, and there seems little anyone can do about it. I don't really know if anyone that has a place on the world stage to even attempt to stop the cycle of violence could achieve anything........we clearly have learned nothing as a species.

Civilian deaths, collateral damage ... you can use any slick euphemism you want, but it is murder, plain and simple, given that even the most patriotic warrior knows beforehand that non-combatants will be killed along with the target, as does every leader that votes for war and, yes, as does every citizen that votes to empower such leaders.

War is institutionalized mass murder, even assuming it would be possible to limit casualties to combatants, only. By all means, highlight the issue of noncombatant deaths, but do so without falling prey to the fantasy of a "cleaner" or "smarter" war. War is murder, regardless of who dies in the process, combatant or non-combatant. Keep that in mind when you cast your vote for president in the next election.

The first casualty in war is truth and in a warfare state like America it is even more so.

The one thing about voting for the lesser of two evils is that if you don't vote for it then you just might end up with the greater of two evils. Principles are fine in the classroom or dorm but in the real world the greater of two evils can get pretty bad. You may not like the comparison but if given a choice between Hitler and Mussolini, I'd much rather vote for practically anybody else besides Hitler.

In our situation a choice between voting for the lesser of two evils is to vote for the ringer - the outlier in the bunch - Bernie Sanders!

Then the choice is voting for the one candidate who refused to be bribed by the oligarchy (Bernie) or to vote for the lesser of two bribees (everybody else took the bribes in both parties). IEven so the Dems are the lesser of two bribees because I think we can all agree that the repubs are more thoroughly bribed than the dems, mainly because Repubs think their taking the money is a reason why people should vote for them (?) ...Lol.

Don't vote for the lesser of two bribees... vote for the one who didn't take a bribe.

Bernie voted against Bush/Cheney's invasion of Iraq which started this horrible mess in Syria. That matters ya know? He wouldn't have invaded Iraq and none of this would have happened... vote for that!