Home | About | Donate

Challenging Trump's "Most Transparent President" Ever Claim, Dems Demand He Ante Up Documents

Challenging Trump's "Most Transparent President" Ever Claim, Dems Demand He Ante Up Documents

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

A number of lawmakers are cleverly challenging President Donald Trump's claim this week that he is "the most transparent president" in the country's history.

Among them is Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), who told the president he could display that supposed transparency with regards to a decision his administration made in 2017.

Trump: " I don’t do cover-ups".
This quote reminds me of the infamous, Nixon quote: " I am not a crook".

Remember when Obama campaigned on being the most transparent president ever? And then he spent eight years frantically covering up his crimes by persecuting whistleblowers while his party and the other corporate war party did nothing. Between shutting up the press, mass surveillance, and drone killing U.S. citizens, they handed Trump a dictator’s tool kit. I have nothing but contempt for them now.

I am quite sure that tyrump needs to keep any documentation out of the hands of investigators. But I wonder how much has been shredded already. Oh, but that would be obstruction, and collusion, and coverup. Do they care? No, just another stalling tip toe through the courts.

Can’t recall any other president so freely speaking what is really on his mind, so there is that.