Home | About | Donate

Charleston Massacre Draws Attention to White Supremacist Backing of Politicians

Looks like, as usual, the big pigs throw a little bit of slops in the trough for the little and wannabe pigs, after they have eaten their fill.
;-})

"Charleston Massacre Draws Attention to White Supremacist Backing of Politicians"

correction:

Charleston Massacre Draws Attention to White Supremacist Backing of CONSERVATIVE Politicians.

I do find it encouraging that Roof could find "No Klan and No skinheads" in Charleston.. The Klan is dead, at least here in Georgia. The extreme racist groups are a fringe of a fringe...good riddance to them.

correction correction:
Charleston Massacre Draws Attention to White Supremacist Backing of REACTIONARY Politicians.

1. of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change. noun, plural reactionaries. 2. a reactionary person.
    Reactionary | Define Reactionary at Dictionary.com
    dictionary.reference.com/browse/reactionaryDictionary.com

In the USA there are groups called " Sons of the Confederacy" , " Daughters of the Revolution" and " Sons of the Mexican American war " amongst many others. Apparently all this people have to demonstrate upon joining such organizations is an ancestor that fought in that war.

Why is that link so very important to those people ? I am not aware of such groups here in Canada although they might well exist. Are there groups in the UK called "Sons of the 100 years war" or in France called " The Sons of the Napoleonic Wars"?

How long do people want to or have to give themselves that "honor" of having an ancestor in the distant past who is only remembered because he went to war and killed people?

Where are the "Daughters of Helen Keller" or of the persons or peoples that promoted peace or who lived in such times because they refused to go wage these Wars?

These groups are just another way the Militarism of the dominator model is kept alive.

So is that a correction correction correction, or are you just agreeing with me? smile

In a word: status. In Oz, having transportee ancestors is of similar subcultural value.

The "we band of brothers" speech that Shakespeare put into the mouth of Henry addresses that. And in Raising Steam, his last book but one, the late Sir Terry Pratchett alluded to the same thing: people want to be able to say "I was there", or at least "my great-great-grandad was there".

Cachet.

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye