Home | About | Donate

Charlottesville Goddam

Charlottesville Goddam

Michael Winship

Enough.

We have a president who is emotionally challenged and empathy-free, who on Saturday read from a prepared statement of concern and condemnation, incapable of speaking genuinely from the heart, apparently because he knows that those who speak racist hate and commit acts of deadly violence are a portion of his “base.”

In late summer of 2015 when Trump began to gain traction, I read Sinclair Lewis’ 1935 satirical novel, It Can’t Happen Here about the rise of Buzz Windrip, a character quite similar in nature to Trump. I highly recommend the book, as it can be more instructive to learn the foibles of our system through fiction rather than through the echo chambers of media. Doremus, or Doremus, oh wherefore art thou Doremus?

Thanks also to Bill, for deregulating the Media, so that False Equivalencies are all that Many Millions can Read, See or Hear.

Great article though it doesn’t go far enough. We need to focus on Trump, an incompetent fascist who-along with his administration must be removed. As I wrote during the last election, Trump has pandered to and empowered fascist militias and hate groups which endanger our nation. The are a public danger and must be suppressed. Liberal notions aside, freedom of speech does not protect libel or incitement. We cannot expect the national security state or the police, who are inseparable from these fascist creeps, to suppress these militarized bigots without massive public pressure.

Bravo, Michael Winship! Your words are 100% true. Our real terrorist threat is home-grown and Caucasian. Deporting other races will make no difference!

Correct. Thanks to Clinton who was once described as “the best Republican president we have ever had” and the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that he signed into law we saw the rise of Clear Channel into 1200 stations across the country spewing out the likes of Rush Limbaugh and his odious ilk. Now, we are seeing the rise of Sinclair Broadcasting which is even worse than Fux Noise. We can count on a whole generation of Murkins becoming even more stupid thanks for our Main $tream Media. Thanks, Bill, you asshole.

False equivalency in this case meant that the violence was present from “many sides”. Yeah, right, Donald, you putrid, racist piece of shit. Trump, you OWN this!

I have never seen any indication that Trump considers himself to be president of all the people. I think he sees the job as being president of only his political base. Everyone else is essentially the enemy. When he says the press is the enemy of the people by the term “people” he only means his political base. He has a very large political base. It is much bigger than the extremists who have recently been in the news. This base thrives on stereotype views of blacks, Muslims, Hispanic, Jews, etc. They believe in these stereotypes. This is very common. Probably most extended families include such people. Sometimes they talk about these groups they stereotype with anger but often it is in the form of jokes. Analyses of Google searches have found an astounding number of searches for N-word jokes. Ii it important to realize how widespread bigotry is in the US. The internet has revealed a lot about who the American people really are and in some cases it is not very pretty. Combating stereotypes is essential.

There is a petition to the Legislative branch to censure Trump.

Its a start.
Mrs. M and I have signed it. How about you?
;-})

His tweet; “Condolences to the family of the young woman killed today, and best regards to all of those injured, in Charlottesville, Virginia. So sad!”
*The only thing the orange turd left out was, “Have a nice day!” at the end.
;-})

How right you are! In fact, I experienced this just yesterday talking to a friend who lives in Texas. She was bemoaning the fact that “those people/that kind” live in million dollar houses, while she lives in a modest house (5 bedrooms!). They take all the jobs–for less money (speaking of people from India), and then they cram 3 or 4 families in a million dollar house! I couldn’t believe how my friend, who professes to be open minded, was speaking in such a bigoted stereotypical manner! Stereotypes matter! People believe what they hear!

If one looks at American history, back in the 1950’s, the conservatives of that time, were paranoid about what was called at that time: “THE RED MENACE”. Which meant Communists taking over the U.S. government from within. And that is exactly what we have now except the red menace has been replaced by the Trump menace!

Link to free download of It can’t happen here.

There is no analogy at all. The anti-Communism in the 1950’s turned out to be all paranoia and lies. Right wing extremism in the US is very real and it is dangerous. It wasn’t that long ago that Timothy McVeigh tried to set off a race war by bombing a federal building in Oklahoma City. I believe around 160 people died. Much more recently a right wing extremist killed nine blacks in a church in attempt to set off a race war. There have a number of people killed by right wing extremist going over the years. So far Trump has not clearly repudiated these people. During the primary campaign in an interview he was asked point blank to repudiate groups of white supremacist organizations and specifically David Duke and failed to do so. Now in the this current situation he has again failed to repudiate these racists. By not doing so Trump is emboldening these extremists groups to carry out violence.

Congratulations, Michael Winship, for (as you can almost always be counted on to do) inserting a caveat that furthers a False-Equivalency/“Balanced”/All Sides Are Equal/MSM pile of (narrative) Bullshit: “Nor can it be denied that on the extreme left there are a few, like so many on the extreme right, who see violence as a means to an end.”

May I suggest another article for your reading? In direct opposition to your “Objective” “outrage,” which had to include the exact same “Many Sides” reference/cover (as quoted – which makes you just as guilty), it speaks reality – without fulfilling any MSM BS Directives:

Charlottesville Was Not a “Protest Turned Violent,” It Was a Planned Race Riot https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/08/13/charlottesville-was-not-protest-turned-violent-it-was-planned-race-riot

“Isn’t it time for the media to be honest and call white supremacists the domestic terrorists that they are?” “What took place was not a rally. Who wears paramilitary gear and carries automatic weapons to a rally? Who takes shields and helmets and pepper spray and bats and sticks to a rally The car didn’t ‘crash’— it was driven at full speed into a crowd of counter-protesters.” “Or are you on the side that calls bullshit on anti-Black, anti-Native, anti-Jewish racism, bigotry, and xenophobia—and the White supremacist domestic terrorists who marched on Charlotte to shed some blood.”

Read some straightforward Truth. And, spare us your corporately-careful, all-inclusive, purposely covering (“I am outraged, but I must keep my job safe.”) Bullshit.

Welcome to the family, Mr. Winship!

Lots of the human family knew two truths you still seem inclined to softsoap here long ago, long before Trump was elected:

1. This man is himself a white supremacist.

This is clear from his documented behaviors and speech over decades, long before he became the POTUS.

To him, terrorism is by definition committed by those who don’t share his perception that a few white dudes have almost all the money on the planet because they are God’s chosen people.

From the POTUS’ POV, terrorism cannot be committed by those who are faithful to God Money, and who staunchly defend His servants.

Terrorism is the exclusive province of those who are faithful to some other God. Those who dare to defy the One God Money deserve what they get. To ram cars into them or slam their heads against them during arrest is not even violent. It is righteousness.

Scary but true. Come on in, Mr. Winship! It turns out we can handle this hard truth. We don’t need to minimize or deny it…

1. The POTUS offers no genuine empathy because he has none to offer. Yes, he is heartless and souless. Long term worship of God Money predictably results in these deficiencies.

A lot of your family recognized the disease properly and spoke strongly to its dangers long ago. But for a long time, intellectual elites have refused to hear us. You dissed and dismissed us–because we used words like heartless and soulless.

Intellectual elites insisted such speakers were too emotional, too sensitive, hyperbolic, or outright crazy.

Turns out we were simply seeing something the intellectual elites didn’t want to see.

While you’re calling for the POTUS to take responsibility for the consequences of his actions (good luck with that!), maybe you’d like to do the same.

Why not extend a thank you to all those whose courageous Truth-telling has finally allowed you to see these hard truths? Do you really imagine these brilliant observations originate from you alone? (Looks like the same rampant egotism that afflicts the POTUS…)

Why not offer an apology on behalf of all the intellectual elites like you who disregarded the warnings from such Truth-speakers, and instead subjected them to shunning, shaming and silencing?

Perhaps if a few more intellectual elites had been willing to soften their egocentric pride a bit more a bit sooner, we might have been better prepared to meet the threats this POTUS augurs.

Give a little skin to peacemaking yourself! Then your calls for others to ante up will be more potent.

Trump’s daughter and son-in-law are Jewish. You would have figured that would have raised the concern level for him a little.

"Are you now, or ever have been…"
God, did that ever ruin a lot of lives.
;-})

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Racist is as racist does. Or: Sociopath is as sociopath does. Bless you to eternal hell Mr. Trump.

I’d prefer to say DAMN you to eternal hell. Trump is a total disgrace.