Home | About | Donate

Chelsea Manning Released From Jail, But Fresh Subpoena Means 'She May Have Just Over a Week of Freedom'

Chelsea Manning Released From Jail, But Fresh Subpoena Means 'She May Have Just Over a Week of Freedom'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning was released from jail Thursday after being held for 62 days—including a month in solitary confinement—for refusing to testify before a secret grand jury, but she could be imprisoned again as soon as next week if she refuses to comply with a second subpoena to appear before a different grand jury.

A systematic approach to eliminating the cretins that harass honest people like Chelsea and Julian must start.

Removing them from the species so they can no longer spread their evilness will benefit humankind.

One by one.

4 Likes

The government will harass Chelsea Manning for the rest of her life - meanwhile those who murdered innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan are heros and proud members of the local VFW. Justice does not prevail in this pathetic plutocracy.

9 Likes

Somebody please giver her sanctuary in a free country while we fight the fascists here.

7 Likes

A far too rare example of moral courage. Nothing else needs to be said.

7 Likes

One hell of a lady, hero… that is a real American, patriot! She knows she would be going before a kangaroo, court that has nothing to do with justice…

4 Likes

No, I’d like to see her win office one day and go stare down the F#$%ers who called her a traitor.

2 Likes

Most of us would like to see that as well, but I agree with k3nnyw33ks, right now she needs protection. Once they start to believe she can’t be bullied into testifying, they will try to kill her.

1 Like

Brave, brave, brave. Keep your integrity Chelsea. Easy for me to say that as i am not in your situation. But hopefully you know you have the minds and hearts of many citizens. So sorry we cannot do more but offer these words.

2 Likes

Give the soldiers a break. Put blame on the administrations, the Pentagon, and the war mongers if you wish. But the heroes you refer to are mostly just following orders.
And when they return home listen to many of them denounce the war they were in.

Veterans against the Vietnam War, the Afghan and Iraqi Wars, Libya and Syria. And Yemen.
We have a big job to do in changing the hearts of the gung-ho military.

1 Like

I am a veteran myself and I agree with your sentiment to some extint. I am referring to those who broke the “rules of military conduct” such as the guy who murdered 16 children in Afghanistan and others who would randomly shoot people in the streets of Kabul and so many other incidents. I am not referring to those who have found themselves in an emotional quagmire because of the horrors they witnessed in these unnecessary and cruel wars.

In the helicopter murder scene I did not hear anyone order the gunner to shoot the journalists. In fact he was begging permission to fire. That was murder in anyones book. Also, with any guts at all a service member can and must refuse an illegal order, so do not give me any bull*hit about worrying of the consequences.

2 Likes

I see where this is you’re first post, welcome, but you might want to ease-up a bit. I don’t see anywhere in his post where they are spouting BS as you claim. There are quite a few of us here at CD who are veterans, and none of us are onboard with what’s going on right now with our military and the illegal wars they are tasked with fighting. I suspect the reason for gandolf’s post was the economic conditions young adults are facing today that leads some of them to believe they have no other economic option but military service, and that’s not their fault. You are correct that military members must refuse illegal orders, in fact they are legally obligated under the UCMJ to refuse and report such orders. None of us here would advocate for anyone on the battlefield to commit crimes.
My advice would be, read and learn about our members positions on any subject, before you rip into them in the future.

1 Like